Forums

Best Quester Competition Thread is locked

Quick find code: 254-255-460-65590572

Frike
Dec Member 2023

Frike

Posts: 1,219 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Deacon Blues said :
Are you *#cking kidding? You create an exclusive. quest-related title and make it impossible to attain for avid questers who already have the Quest cape?

And don't give me that **** about "just make another account". First of all, training to Grandmaster levels in less than two weeks? Yeah, right. Second, are you really that desparate for cash? Creating a competition that forces people to buy membership on an alt account if they want to participate? It's just incredible how you keep finding new lows to sink to.

Quests and lore are the one thing that make Runescape special. The one thing that keeps my playing. And you're doing everything in your power to destroy both. Quests are few and far between, quest quality is often lackluster, and people like Mod Ollie are allowed to crap all over preestablished lore because they can't be ***** to do their homework... It really looks like you're trying to hammer the final nails into the coffin of the questing community.

I see a pattern here. Apparently combat content is easier to develop than innovative content and quality stories. It explains why you just keep churning out more and more bosses while you have been completely neglecting skills for years. Seems like we questers now receive the same treatment as skillers. That treatment being a huge middle finger while you kowtow to the PvM community and keep beating the dead horse that is PvP.

17-Mar-2015 19:32:43

Quester

Quester

Posts: 492 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Deacon Blues said :
Kitty Aether said :
The whole speed questing aspect detracts from the importance of quests as events that are meaningful to the environment and lore of Gielinor. I thought this was supposed to be a celebration of what made quests special, that is the characters, the story, the adventures you have had and the fond memories you hold from the experiences. I was expecting... a little more nostalgia than what is currently being shown. It's almost as if you, as developers, are not proud of the content that you have created as you want to encourage people rushing through your works of art and not appreciating any of their subtleties.

Hear, hear!

There are more people ingame that spacebar through dialog then there are that actually read it, and this competition is not meant for people that want to enjoy the quests and lore experiences. People that would enjoy the lore wouldn't participate in this, because they enjoy it. That's the idea behind it. It gives some people that normally wouldn't quest a reason to go for it. keep in mind, this is designed for lower-mid tier players not high level players.
Quest(i)val King - Gamebreaker - Proud CWafkers general - Master Quester and Lorehound - Going for Insane Final Boss

17-Mar-2015 19:34:51 - Last edited on 17-Mar-2015 19:39:28 by Quester

Frike
Dec Member 2023

Frike

Posts: 1,219 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Kalaya said :
There are also another section of players who hardly ever do quests - they don't see the point. They are our who we're trying to reach with this competition, to encourage them to fill up their quest log. It's unfortunate that this isn't something that everyone can be easily included on, but there are options for you to join in if you're dedicated enough and that's why we've given you as much warning as we possibly can.

A title called the "Ultimate Quester" should absolutely NOT be for the lot that does not do quests. Where is the logic in that? If someone "couldn't be bothered" to do quests before they MOST CERTAINLY NOT should be rewarded with that title as their behaviour is the complete opposite.

A title like this should be for people that actually enjoy questing and do them ASAP. Oh and I still want those spi keys from all the quests prior to April 24th 2012. This thing might however be even worse than that and punishing Quest Cape owners even more as the title is targeted at people who haven't done many quests.

17-Mar-2015 19:42:11

Deacon Blues

Deacon Blues

Posts: 4,467 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Quester said :
this competition is not meant for people that want to enjoy the quests and lore experiences

You're right, my bad. This competition is for the Ultimate Questers .

We plebs who care about lore are obviously Mediocre Questers at best.

/s
Once you go NXT, you never go back.

Ceterum censeo Saradominem esse delendam.

17-Mar-2015 19:43:28

Quester

Quester

Deacon Blues said :
Quester said :
this competition is not meant for people that want to enjoy the quests and lore experiences

You're right, my bad. This competition is for the Ultimate Questers .

We plebs who care about lore are obviously Mediocre Questers at best.

/s

Well, nothing stops you from going for the title too. I personally care about lore and going for it since I love the title.
Quest(i)val King - Gamebreaker - Proud CWafkers general - Master Quester and Lorehound - Going for Insane Final Boss

17-Mar-2015 19:50:28

Kitty Aether

Kitty Aether

Posts: 153 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Quester said :
Personally I enjoy this competition, training a new account as I speak :D Also like the title (Ultimate Quester Quester incoming?).

This gives motivation for people that normally wouldn't quest to do it aswell. Yes it disregards the lore and is more of a speed questing achievement, but still a nice competition to try even if you are maxed in quest points (and don't mind starting a new account). People that want to enjoy the quests and lore should not participate in this. To me, who completed all quests with enjoying the dialog, speed questing is a new fun way to enjoy the content in my opinion.

I suppose you're right. I may have misinterpreted and overreacted about the intentions of this competition. It's certainly aimed to increase incentive for non-regular questers and it doesn't make existing quests or lore any less enjoyable. In the same way that Ocarina of Time speedruns don't detract from the game. Maybe a time trial mode for Quest Capers will eventually be a thing :P . Best of luck on your alt, Quester.
Always a new adventure at

17-Mar-2015 19:54:55

Quester

Quester

Kitty Aether said :
Quester said :
Personally I enjoy this competition, training a new account as I speak :D Also like the title (Ultimate Quester Quester incoming?).

This gives motivation for people that normally wouldn't quest to do it aswell. Yes it disregards the lore and is more of a speed questing achievement, but still a nice competition to try even if you are maxed in quest points (and don't mind starting a new account). People that want to enjoy the quests and lore should not participate in this. To me, who completed all quests with enjoying the dialog, speed questing is a new fun way to enjoy the content in my opinion.

I suppose you're right. I may have misinterpreted and overreacted about the intentions of this competition. It's certainly aimed to increase incentive for non-regular questers and it doesn't make existing quests or lore any less enjoyable. In the same way that Ocarina of Time speedruns don't detract from the game. Maybe a time trial mode for Quest Capers will eventually be a thing :P . Best of luck on your alt, Quester.

Thanks, glad you see my point :)

17-Mar-2015 19:56:33

MsGenesis
Dec Member 2012

MsGenesis

Posts: 1,072 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This isn't fair at all you've given people like me with a quest cape 10 days to start a new account and gain all the level requirements for quests to be given the opportunity to have a title we already deserve.. This is pretty dam unfair!
~Toxic
Serenity~

A perfect community, Built together through peace and growth

17-Mar-2015 19:59:03

Quick find code: 254-255-460-65590572 Back to Top