Forums

Best Quester Competition Thread is locked

Quick find code: 254-255-460-65590572

Bruno Mars

Bruno Mars

Posts: 1,039 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The starting point for the
Ultimate Quester
should be the same for all players: meaning start a new account, and achieve the most amount of quest points during a certain period of time; similar to the Jagex clan competition.

Questions to ask:
1. Why should those that do not quest normally be given an advantage over those that have already achieved max quest points?

2. For those with max quest points, we have to start training a new account in order to participate? 11 days to train 1917 total levels + item preparation?

3. What happens after the competition? Do we discard the accounts? Bump the "number-of-accounts-created" counter up?
The Famous
Bruno Mars:
I never lose. I either win or I learn.

I Bleed Green Through Thick and Thin #RiderPrideWorldWide

17-Mar-2015 22:47:11 - Last edited on 17-Mar-2015 22:56:03 by Bruno Mars

AeroMechanic
Jul Member 2011

AeroMechanic

Posts: 181 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Kalaya said :

3. What if I've completed all the quests on my account?
You may want to take this as an early warning and start training up another account, so you're ready to take on a number of quests when the time comes.

Lol, so stupid. GG everyone, we got rek* by Jagex.

17-Mar-2015 22:54:54 - Last edited on 17-Mar-2015 22:56:43 by AeroMechanic

Werewolf
May Member 2022

Werewolf

Posts: 20,258 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yeah i have just read the entire thread now

Still unfair though will the title owner be the "ultimate quester" since they cant be bothered doing the quests and is 11 days enough time to train an account up high enough to complete enough quests against the lazy noobs that wants more then a quest reward they want an exclusive title

Its just pure exclusion to the questers all 14,900 questcape owners should automatically recieve something for completing all quests before 200

In saying that this has happened before with yelps now th giving 2 tickets for every cmpleted quest so jagex owes me about 300 since i already had the questcape qnd got it on the rfd quest or quest 150 thats 300 tickets i shouldof recieved for completing those quests

To be fair there were no microtransactions back then and when it was added no backpay for the avid questers
•*º*•‹•*º*•
When the Full Moon Rises
•*º*•›•*º*•
¸,.›°ˆº•-,._.,-•ºˆ
Blood will rain down
ˆº•-,._.,-•ºˆ°•.¸
•*º*•‹•*º*•
Beware the Wolves Howl, This will be your final sound
•*º*•›•*º*•

17-Mar-2015 22:55:06

bobert walk

bobert walk

Posts: 797 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Uh. I don't play that much to participate in an barbaric event like this. I do like those rewards, very creative, but competition would be so incredibly hard, some people never log out. :(

I'll keep to attending the in game events. The time I spent on those are way more rewarding anyways.

Cheers.
Out in the blue.
Under direct sunlight
Ignite with fire.
And never look back.

17-Mar-2015 23:01:28

Werewolf
May Member 2022

Werewolf

YAY NEW QUEST HYPE

Lets treat the non questing community with an exclusive reward that the real questers cant take part in

Yay nothing for our runescape questers on a quest event

Jagex logic
•*º*•‹•*º*•
When the Full Moon Rises
•*º*•›•*º*•
¸,.›°ˆº•-,._.,-•ºˆ
Blood will rain down
ˆº•-,._.,-•ºˆ°•.¸
•*º*•‹•*º*•
•*º*•›•*º*•

17-Mar-2015 23:04:31

Werewolf
May Member 2022

Werewolf

So the question is have you got anything planned for the questers are don't we count and not deserving of recieving anything on a quest event

I love quests always have but before i was hyped and excited about quest 200 even asking you questions about it on twitter none of which you replied to

Now not so much your ruining the penultimate quest in runescape history with events the questers cant take part in treating the lazy and putting up the middle finger to everyone that has worked hard to complete all the quests
•*º*•‹•*º*•
When the Full Moon Rises
•*º*•›•*º*•
¸,.›°ˆº•-,._.,-•ºˆ
Blood will rain down
ˆº•-,._.,-•ºˆ°•.¸
•*º*•‹•*º*•
•*º*•›•*º*•

17-Mar-2015 23:10:42

Bruno Mars

Bruno Mars

bobert walk said :
Uh. I don't play that much to participate in an barbaric event like this. I do like those rewards, very creative, but competition would be so incredibly hard, some people never log out. :(
Cheers.

Even if you don't sleep and demolish your main account for treasure hunter keys (or god-forbid, burn credit card for keys), it is still not possible to prepare from scratch.

1917 total level in less than 2 weeks is:
- physically improbable (might as well be impossible)
- financially impossible
The Famous
Bruno Mars:

17-Mar-2015 23:10:49

Exploitative

Exploitative

Posts: 33 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Can you please require the people who are Ironmen or HC ironmen/woman to use an ironman account to get the title? Like let's say someone has a quest cape on their ironman, they should have to use an ironman account to get the title credit to their main since ironmen accounts aren't supposed to gain things from interaction with anything except them selves?

17-Mar-2015 23:12:52

Bruno Mars

Bruno Mars

Desperately trying not to be completely negative about this... Here's an alternative suggestion.

1. Release the skill and quest requirements for quest #200. Give people time to prepare those.

2. Upon releasing of quest #200, place a timer for the quest. The person that completes the quest in the shortest time wins the title. Competition duration: 1 week?

This way, you can motivate the "non-questing community" to quest more and not irritate everybody else with the unfair playing field.

Seriously... Ultimate Quester? Given to someone that does not normally participate in quests? That is an insult to every quester out there.
The Famous
Bruno Mars:

17-Mar-2015 23:17:33

Quick find code: 254-255-460-65590572 Back to Top