Forums

Best Quester Competition Thread is locked

Quick find code: 254-255-460-65590572

Suri

Suri

Posts: 13 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
i think i can speak for many saying that if your goal is to make people who dosent do quests a way to make them participate in runescape story is great. the point is and why most questmasters (including me) are complaining is the title name "ultimate quester", just from reading it, its any true questmaster dream! if jagex looking for people who dont do quests to make them work on them, it should be a less prestigious title, something more focus on those people who dosent quest.
My advice is to look for a title name that maybe involves all runescape storys (quests) and maybe combined with speed since its a challenge.
ideas: "the story teller", "The Journalist", "the quest runner", "the crazy quester", "the living quest". etc...

18-Mar-2015 01:04:12

Athina
Apr Member 2011

Athina

Posts: 3,219 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Deacon Blues said :
FrenzyChaos said :
Create some servers like the beta ones that will remove all the qp when importing your character in so when you log in, you will be able to do quests all over again so we won't have to worry much about skilling all over again with alts or be unable to quest on your main account and this will not affect your account in any way by earning more xp or gaining/losing items in the process.

Huge seaport.

Supported.

18-Mar-2015 01:05:07

Celes Aurora
Dec Member 2007

Celes Aurora

Posts: 2,399 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Incredibly disappointed. As an avid quester I would love to compete for such a title, but some of us have work, school, families, obligations, etc. I cannot afford to set my life aside and train up a brand new account and partially complete a ton of quests in hopes of gaining this title. Were that feasible I would gladly try but what you're asking for is completely unreasonable. Whoever gains this title is anything but the Ultimate Quester.

18-Mar-2015 01:08:07

FlammaUriah
Sep Member 2012

FlammaUriah

Posts: 1,203 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
While I'm not 100% sold on the winner being someone with the quest point cape, the thought has crossed my mind. What upsets me the most, however, is this: That we're not on equal grounds, no matter what you say; that the title "Ultimate Quester" can potentially go to someone who doesn't care about quests, or simply did them all to obtain the comp cape; and lastly,

Original message details are unavailable.
3. What if I've completed all the quests on my account?
You may want to take this as an early warning and start training up another account, so you're ready to take on a number of quests when the time comes.

and

Yes, this promotion is not aimed at people like yourselves - we're aware that there are lots of players who do every quest as soon as it comes out and we really appreciate you guys. You're who we want to be at the Q&A's and AMAA's, enjoying the 200th quest and the other activities we're putting on.

There are also another section of players who hardly ever do quests - they don't see the point. They are our who we're trying to reach with this competition, to encourage them to fill up their quest log. It's unfortunate that this isn't something that everyone can be easily included on, but there are options for you to join in if you're dedicated enough and that's why we've given you as much warning as we possibly can.

This. This right here was a slap to the face to myself and a number of friends of mine who all have worked hard to get, and maintain, our quest capes.

The title should be relevant to quests, but it should not be "Ultimate Quester," as that is not what this contest will prove, especially if we are condoning ways to finish quests faster, such as having them already almost finished. Honestly? I'm ashamed to be playing a game where the staff is even suggesting people take the short way out to win a contest like this.
Don't look to hard.

18-Mar-2015 01:21:33

Werewolf
May Member 2022

Werewolf

Posts: 20,258 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Put quite simply

Giving out a real life god sword fine
Giving out an exclusive title only for 1 lucky person fine
Make a fun event for players that don't quest with these 2 rewards to kickstart them into questing more is a great idea

But giving them the title ultimate quester a dream title for any quest master like me or the other 14,900 questcape holders is where the problems start, only true quest masters (359qp) should be eligable for a title like that

Make the title less powerful rather then potentially marking someone who finds quests a grind and boring as an ULTIMATE quester, not only does this devalue questcape owners it also may start ridicule on the potential winner should they be using the title when they bump into any quest cape owners on how they don't deserve it and bully tactics

So not only does it devalue our work even the one who wins it will be scared to use it until they get a questcape in the land of never due to constant harassment and ridicule from nearly 15k players, its better for everyone if you dont class a non quester as an ultimate quester
•*º*•‹•*º*•
When the Full Moon Rises
•*º*•›•*º*•
¸,.›°ˆº•-,._.,-•ºˆ
Blood will rain down
ˆº•-,._.,-•ºˆ°•.¸
•*º*•‹•*º*•
Beware the Wolves Howl, This will be your final sound
•*º*•›•*º*•

18-Mar-2015 01:55:13

FlammaUriah
Sep Member 2012

FlammaUriah

Posts: 1,203 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'd like to resuggest something that was brought up earlier about the winner of the contest getting a gold title colour and the people who have the quest cape itself have a title that is the same colour as that.

I feel that would solve more or less everything.
Don't look to hard.

18-Mar-2015 02:00:30

Jaldabaoth
Dec Member 2023

Jaldabaoth

Posts: 54 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
this is really unfair to your devoted questers who already have a quest cape like shouldnt we have a title that shows that we do quests with out some silly competition i mean we do the quests for fun, lore, and rewards how are we suppost to get the title if we dont have any quests to do 11 days to train up a new account isnt much time what so ever and our main wouldnt have it some other random account that we dont play often would have the title so we still wouldnt get it :|

18-Mar-2015 02:39:35

Jaldabaoth
Dec Member 2023

Jaldabaoth

Posts: 54 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Athina said :
Deacon Blues said :
FrenzyChaos said :
Create some servers like the beta ones that will remove all the qp when importing your character in so when you log in, you will be able to do quests all over again so we won't have to worry much about skilling all over again with alts or be unable to quest on your main account and this will not affect your account in any way by earning more xp or gaining/losing items in the process.

Huge seaport.

Supported.

agreed

18-Mar-2015 02:42:40

CrazyDawg
Feb Member 2011

CrazyDawg

Posts: 374 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sonja Grier said :
I fell like the Questmasters deserve the title by default. We allready completed all the Quests, so no need to proof that we are true Ultimate questers.

I agree with you...why should we open another account that will get the title when we wont use that account again after this..

18-Mar-2015 02:50:24

Quick find code: 254-255-460-65590572 Back to Top