Forums

Best Quester Competition Thread is locked

Quick find code: 254-255-460-65590572

Pirachu
Oct Member 2014

Pirachu

Posts: 245 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sonja Grier said :
I fell like the Questmasters deserve the title by default. We allready completed all the Quests, so no need to proof that we are true Ultimate questers.

I will not be reading the thread to see if there was a response to this yet but I thought one of the requirements for the lorehound title was completing all of the quests.

18-Mar-2015 02:53:19

Viperfang

Viperfang

Posts: 142 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
ForumHelp said :

We ran a similar competition (albeit with a different prize) during the Clan Cup - everyone who entered had to start a new account. We found that the winning clan was actually a very experienced quester and put their knowledge to good use. They completed the quests in a really methodical way which meant that each reward pushed them up the levels to help them get what they needed in terms of requirements.

Yes, when you give people lots of time, and an even starting point, you can run a successful contest. This contest is anything but what you ran before - namely only people with lots of quests done have to re-roll. If everyone had to start fresh, that would be a different story.

ForumHelp said :

If I'm totally honest with you, I think you are the ones thinking about this the most. So, on that basis, I challenge you to set up your accounts to complete as many quests as possible - partially complete them, grind your levels. Seriously... You're the people who are going to win this. You're the quest masters so show it!

This is patronising, and insulting when near to 100% of feedback has been negative, and yes, coming from a community that is typically overwhelmingly positive about Runescape. This should be a red flag, not a point for you "challenge" us on literally cheesing the system. You're actually advocating partial completion, so what part of this competition is about quests then?

ForumHelp said :

The last thing we intended to do was devalue your achievement, we we can take a look at the title tomorrow when the team are together and change it if necessary. I would ask for your suggestions as to what you think would be a good alternative.

Please change the title. That is literally the least you could do for all of us in this, and all I ask. A different suggestion than those above would be something like: Saviour of Gielinor.

18-Mar-2015 02:56:20 - Last edited on 18-Mar-2015 02:58:55 by Viperfang

Kipbrader

Kipbrader

Posts: 642 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This reminds me a bit of when they released sof and effectively gave 2 spins per quest exclusively to those who were too lazy to complete them before.

ForumHelp said :

If I'm totally honest with you, I think you are the ones thinking about this the most. So, on that basis, I challenge you to set up your accounts to complete as many quests as possible - partially complete them, grind your levels. Seriously... You're the people who are going to win this. You're the quest masters so show it!

You'd have to buy memberhip for that new account to stand a chance, nice scam.

18-Mar-2015 03:15:57 - Last edited on 18-Mar-2015 03:20:54 by Kipbrader

Viperfang

Viperfang

Posts: 142 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
ForumHelp said :
Hey guys,
... I challenge you to set up your accounts to complete as many quests as possible - partially complete them, grind your levels. Seriously... You're the people who are going to win this. You're the quest masters so show it!

You guys have your capes of achievement and we thought this would be a cool way to get players into questing. I'm sad to see a community which is normally so positive about getting people involved in questing become so negative about a contest like this. Especially when I am 99.9% certain that someone with a quest cape will win this anyway! Hence ...

I actually want to address this a bit more. Yes, the winner likely will be someone who has done many of the quests before. I know how much of an advantage that is, considering I've done nearly every quest multiple times.
I agree with you that we have our quest capes, and I'm happy with that.

Advocating partially completing quests goes that extra step into de-legitimizing the entire thing. Isn't the point who can complete the most quests? You're basically saying here that it's not about completing quests, but rather, who can hand them in the fastest.

The clan cup competition was balanced quite well because the start line was the same, and yes, there was wonderful strategy to do a quest to have access to the next. But that is 100% not the case with this contest, and you know it (hence telling people to partially complete quests).

I am more upset at being excluded from something that would have been really fun to participate in, simply because of shoddy planning, than even the inappropriate title. Before you say that I'm welcome to try on a new character, we have 17 pages of reasons why that is not acceptable

I'm sorry if I'm coming off as harsh, but this has rather upset me, considering this is my favourite aspect to games period, your game most of all.

18-Mar-2015 03:17:57 - Last edited on 18-Mar-2015 03:43:03 by Viperfang

MaleX
Dec Member 2010

MaleX

Posts: 1,035 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think Ultimate Quester or similar Titles should be inherited when you complete a quest in the first X hours or be in top Y of people who finished a specific quest.
That way you know they didn't just follow a guide, and actually read the content and put their brain at work.

18-Mar-2015 03:22:29

Draco Burnz
Dec Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Posts: 79,296 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sonja Grier said :
I fell like the Questmasters deserve the title by default. We allready completed all the Quests, so no need to proof that we are true Ultimate questers.

Sure, and lets hand out the farmer seasonal crown to everyone with 99farming, theres no need for them to show how fast they can get xp, no.
Draco Burnz
Anime Fanatic
Defender of the logical

18-Mar-2015 03:28:16

Draco Burnz
Dec Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Pirachu said :
Sonja Grier said :

I will not be reading the thread to see if there was a response to this yet but I thought one of the requirements for the lorehound title was completing all of the quests.

#Owned.
Draco Burnz
Anime Fanatic
Defender of the logical

18-Mar-2015 03:29:23

Draco Burnz
Dec Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Athina said :
Deacon Blues said :
FrenzyChaos said :
Create some servers like the beta ones that will remove all the qp when importing your character in so when you log in, you will be able to do quests all over again so we won't have to worry much about skilling all over again with alts or be unable to quest on your main account and this will not affect your account in any way by earning more xp or gaining/losing items in the process.

Huge seaport.

Supported.

The one downside to that is if you dont reduces everyones skills back to 1, it wont be fair.
Draco Burnz
Anime Fanatic
Defender of the logical

18-Mar-2015 03:32:58

Bruno Mars

Bruno Mars

Posts: 1,039 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
ForumHelp said :
Click link to see Mod Balance's post.

To compete with non-questing accounts, we (the questers/new accounts) will need to spend millions (more like billions) of GP to catch up on skills in such short periods of time. Let's be honest here, there is no way one can reach 1917 total within 11 days of preparation.

"Why 1917 total?" That's the requirement for quest point capes.
"You don't need all the skills to win!" But realistically, you do. The most "point rewarding" quests are also some of the highest skill required quests. Few examples: RFD, WGS, ROTM, Chosen Commander, DT. All of which gives 4-10 points per quest. In a contest that only last 2 days, those high point rewards are crucial.

Now why are some of us being "negative"? It's not because we don't welcome new questers, by all means, we'd love for more people to appreciate quests. It is the fact that there is a high probability that a casual or even a "one-time" quester will end up being the "Ultimate" quester? That's just insulting to the actual questers.

More appropriate incentives to get people to quest would be things such as:
- PROGRESSIVE titles
- PROGRESSIVE emotes
- PROGRESSIVE[ cosmetics, similar to reaper tasks

If the above gimmicks don't entice people, give out small, practical rewards similar to the ones from achievement diaries.

This way, EVERYONE can enjoy the updates. You will still achieve your goal of getting more people to do quests, and everybody else don't feel like they just got a bony backhand to the face.
The Famous
Bruno Mars:
I never lose. I either win or I learn.

I Bleed Green Through Thick and Thin #RiderPrideWorldWide

18-Mar-2015 03:53:12

Quick find code: 254-255-460-65590572 Back to Top