FlammaUriah
Sep Member 2012

FlammaUriah

Posts: 1,203 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dark Mist said :
No fair! I'm comped this is just wrong :(

Make a new account, obviously.

----

But seriously, as much as there is still wrong with this competition, I am at least at a point where I can wish anyone that takes place in it the best of luck, now that the title isn't a giant slap to the face.
Don't look to hard.

19-Mar-2015 03:58:20

Kena
Dec Member 2023

Kena

Posts: 12,009 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Is there anyway y'all could maybe make a second prize (Maybe just the title? Though the godsword would be cool as well) for the ones who completed all quests? I am a massive quest lover. I have been since I started this game and trust me, if I had time to take off work I would start a new account and compete with the rest, but I can't. This way it makes it fair for both, the ones who can devote their time to do this and the ones who already have the quest cape. Who am I?

19-Mar-2015 04:01:13

MonkiiDLuffy
Nov Member 2023

MonkiiDLuffy

Posts: 128 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I like competitions in general and I like the thought of this one.
Even though I've got a quest cape AND a separate Ironman with 300+ QP already, I'm really quested out (for old ones at least), so I don't want a new account and won't be participating. But I really support things like this that give one of a kind titles and shake things up.

I hope Jagex won't be discouraged from doing things like this in the future. (One that I can win, though)

19-Mar-2015 06:47:03

mope
May Member 2011

mope

Posts: 466 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So really it's just a big middle finger to the people that already have quest cape, being greedy for even more money..Telling us to just make a new account, smh.
I fe
el l
ike
cha
sin
g ra
inb
ows.

19-Mar-2015 07:45:10

Puddingking3

Puddingking3

Posts: 572 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If the
Ultimate Quester
title is added, what color would it be? If there was only a sole winner for
Quest*val King/Queen
, what color would that title be?

Lastly, what will stop players from completing all but the last step of all the quests they're eligible for, and completing them all the day of the competition? This was something I was considering doing if I were to enter with one of my alt accounts.

e.g.

21 March
Start Legend's Quest, Get Pete's Candlestick
Start Dragon Slayer, Slay Elvarg & get Elvarg's head
Start Ernest the Chicken, Collect all items needed to fix machine

29 March
Turn in Pete's Candlestick for QP
Turn in Elvarg's Head for QP
Turn in all items needed to fix machine for QP

19-Mar-2015 09:48:26 - Last edited on 19-Mar-2015 10:08:53 by Puddingking3

Quester

Quester

Posts: 492 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Maybe combine the ultimate quester reward for when you add a trimmed quest cape? I don't know what the plans on these are but might be a nice addition to the game. Quest(i)val King - Gamebreaker - Proud CWafkers general - Master Quester and Lorehound - Going for Insane Final Boss

19-Mar-2015 09:52:53

Helring
Mar Member 2005

Helring

Posts: 4,609 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Kalaya said :
Please let us know your thoughts through a strawpoll, on what changes should be made to the prizes if any*

***;a href="http:/**************3905809" target="_blank">Vote Now</a>

Thanks,

Feedback Relevant to what you asked
Voted, although if anything I'd prefer a hybrid of what you have.

Quest*val King/Queen- For anyone who has quest cape by the end of the weekend

Ultimate Quester- New Perm Unlock whenever someone unlocks Quest Cape

Other Feedback

Still not happy about an event incentivizing players to skip the dialogue. But it would be something.

There are still the issues of requiring people to pay more to compete if they do enjoy quests, and rewarding people to skip the lore who may not otherwise have skipped it. All Quest events should be play at your own pace so that those that enjoy quests can actually take the time to go through them and enjoy them. If you want to reward doing quests a bit more to get people into them thats great, but by only rewarding the most quest points you're not leaving time for those people to fully enjoy all the dialogue if they would do so.

19-Mar-2015 11:21:31 - Last edited on 19-Mar-2015 11:28:43 by Helring

Sonja Grier
Jun Member 2023

Sonja Grier

Posts: 325 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I am happy with the strawpoll. It makes me mildly sad that people forget there allready is a reward title for the Questcape, and a little bit of extra work (Lorehound). It would only make sence to have the 3rd Option win. Jojo - Still cannot decide who's better:
Guthix
or
Zaros

19-Mar-2015 12:41:28 - Last edited on 19-Mar-2015 12:41:48 by Sonja Grier

Helring
Mar Member 2005

Helring

Posts: 4,609 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sonja Grier said :
I am happy with the strawpoll. It makes me mildly sad that people forget there allready is a reward title for the Questcape, and a little bit of extra work (Lorehound). It would only make sence to have the 3rd Option win.

Doesn't mean there can't be one just for questcape alone

19-Mar-2015 12:51:31

Quick find code: 254-255-460-65590572 Back to Top