Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Averia Light

Averia Light

Posts: 28,508 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Team Skull said :
Averia Light said :
Churches are exempt under the us tax code because they are a nonprofit organization. Keep in mind that nonprofits can make profits, but their organization can not be run to make a profit, more or less.

It has been a few years though.

More or less.

Basically, their bottom line has to show 0 under profits.

Lotta shady shit goes on to make that happen though.

If I recall, they (nonprofits) can show a profit as long as x percentage of dollars comes from contributions. The exception, if I recall correctly, are political organizations. They can't get the nonprofit tax benefits. I also want to say that they can show a profit for several other reasons, but, tbh I hate the tax side and find it rather boring.
And I swear I'm not going to let her know all the pain I have known

31-Aug-2017 17:59:58 - Last edited on 31-Aug-2017 18:01:42 by Averia Light

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Posts: 24,511 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Averia Light said :
Team Skull said :
Averia Light said :
Churches are exempt under the us tax code because they are a nonprofit organization. Keep in mind that nonprofits can make profits, but their organization can not be run to make a profit, more or less.

It has been a few years though.

More or less.

Basically, their bottom line has to show 0 under profits.

Lotta shady shit goes on to make that happen though.

If I recall, they (nonprofits) can show a profit as long as x percentage of dollars comes from contributions. The exception, if I recall correctly, are political organizations. They can't get the nonprofit tax benefits. I also want to say that they can show a profit for several other reasons, but, tbh I hate the tax side and find it rather boring.

I thought the 501 c4 allowed for that?

Ah well, I'm tired.
"Revenge...is like a rolling stone, which, when a man hath forced up a hill, will return upon him with a greater violence, and break those bones whose sinews gave it motion."- Jeremy Taylor

31-Aug-2017 18:17:46

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Posts: 24,511 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nexus Origin said :
Team Skull said :
Nexus Origin said :
I'm not asking you to be sour, I'm just curious what has happened over the last year to make you this way.

Of all the tactics you have in your arsenal, you resort to...concern trolling, the most unoriginal way of subverting issues.

I really expected something more...original.
No, I'm legitimately asking you.

Ok, I'll believe that when they solve perpetual energy.
"Revenge...is like a rolling stone, which, when a man hath forced up a hill, will return upon him with a greater violence, and break those bones whose sinews gave it motion."- Jeremy Taylor

31-Aug-2017 18:18:19

Pasnomo

Pasnomo

Posts: 28,483 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Poshpants said :
Dong U Dead said :
Dong U Dead said :
Poshpants said :
Dong U Dead said :
I emailed them twice since new rule and they do not get back to me about my perm ban...

They got back to me. Maybe you know, try again.

It's a waste of time I believe... Unless they want me to suck up to them and say it's all my fault and bla, bla, bla and just kiss arse <- which I don't do...

Well not when I did absolutely nothing wrong, just reported a moderator!

I wonder if the other person that was not happy about it, not sure if he reported it or not, I am sure he did <- and I wonder if they paid him to keep quiet??? I have my suspicions as he is now often seen making threads asking for free stuff...

Yes, say that. Say sorry all my fault. Don't read the response. Get your acc back. Do it.

Did you win?

31-Aug-2017 18:49:12

Pasnomo

Pasnomo

Posts: 28,483 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :
Awww, Pasmo, he's gorrrrgeous :D

Hopefully, with a proper doggy diet he'll lose weight and maybe the diabetes (like people who are overweight often do). Fingers crossed.

What's his name?

His name is Tyson and he is so friendly! His little tail just goes wild when we get home or he sees someone on a walk.

31-Aug-2017 18:58:44

Nexus Origin

Nexus Origin

Posts: 21,010 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Team Skull said :
Ok, I'll believe that when they solve perpetual energy.
Your loss, but don't say I never asked.

And perpetual energy might not be as far off as you might think. Of course, something like perpetual energy would obviously be suppressed from the general public. Too much money to lose.
_
_
_
_
_________
m
_________
_
_
_
_

McDelivery Now Available In Canada

McDonalds
-
I'm lovin' it.

31-Aug-2017 19:01:53

Nexus Origin

Nexus Origin

Posts: 21,010 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Pasnomo said :
FiFi LaFeles said :
Awww, Pasmo, he's gorrrrgeous :D

Hopefully, with a proper doggy diet he'll lose weight and maybe the diabetes (like people who are overweight often do). Fingers crossed.

What's his name?

His name is Tyson and he is so friendly! His little tail just goes wild when we get home or he sees someone on a walk.
Ask him if he wants to go for a ride in the car, and then proceed to sit in an empty cardboard box making vroom noises.
_
_
_
_
_________
m
_________
_
_
_
_

McDelivery Now Available In Canada