Forums

Fort Forinthry 2023 storyline

Quick find code: 16-17-730-66268682

Lions RAWR
Sep Member 2019

Lions RAWR

Posts: 9,271 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The Tease of the 2023 storyline has been revealed today :D Set to launch in Mid February and it looks to be another story that is wrapping up some old threads
" An old time is coming to an end, but new things are about to begin..."

We know that it will involve the King and Queen from The Kingdom of Misthalin.

We know that it will be linked to the events of the wilderness ( Hence the name of the storyline).

While we don't have much to go on yet, It will be interesting how Jagex focuses on another location that has not had much love in recent years.

My hopes
:
-The Storyline links directly to the new skill
-It lasts longer than 6 months
-It brings with it an new boss to defeat

What do you hope that this new storyline brings to the game next year?
Time to follow an trail of Treasure.
My Goals Lions Goals

10-Dec-2022 17:13:12

Qwis7
Aug Member 2010

Qwis7

Posts: 1,434 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It sounds really awesome!

I do hope we will get the see the wilderness form the past something like I suggested a longer time ago.

I do not think we will get a meeting history story continue like I suggested, but maybe something else with bit time travel.

10-Dec-2022 18:03:00

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
We know Runescape: The Next Generation is taking over with the demise of Zamorak and Saradomin.

Moia (assuming she is still the same Moia before the 'Til Death Do Us Apart) is ruling the Wilderness and the Zamorakians.

We also know Adrasteia has claimed leadership of the Saradominists and Zilyana is just an afterthought now. So why not Adrasteia for the Queen of Varrock? King Roald and his queen to the guillotine? :D

10-Dec-2022 19:31:24

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"An old time is coming to an end, but new things are about to begin..."

We've already seen the end of the old time Wilderness. Old mobs like fire giants have come to an end, but new things and new mobs are happening where the old fire giants, blue dragons and such are.

As for Varrock, King Roald's regime perhaps is poised to come to an end. Perhaps we will get to the long forgotten secret of the disappearance of the old king. A new regime, under Adrasteia, maybe in making... but the Time Guardian has to help her fend off an ancient ursurper first.

The old generation is coming to and end, but Runesape: The Next Genearion is about to begin... :)

11-Dec-2022 00:04:11 - Last edited on 11-Dec-2022 00:08:56 by Dilbert2001

Lions RAWR
Sep Member 2019

Lions RAWR

Posts: 9,271 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert2001 said :
"An old time is coming to an end, but new things are about to begin..."

As for Varrock, King Roald's regime perhaps is poised to come to an end. Perhaps we will get to the long forgotten secret of the disappearance of the old king. A new regime, under Adrasteia, maybe in making... but the Time Guardian has to help her fend off an ancient ursurper first

About time the King's Regime comes to an end. Though I imagine it will most likely deal with how there is no longer an "threat" from the wilderness and the Kingdom can finally move forward.

While I am not happy that the next storyline is about the wilderness in some way, I can understand why they would go that Route. These storylines are all interconnected.
Time to follow an trail of Treasure.
My Goals Lions Goals

11-Dec-2022 02:53:41

Roddy Piper
Jan Member 2011

Roddy Piper

Posts: 13,751 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Inside the letters it shows a fort, so I am guessing they will actually add it to the game. Maybe north of DG in the open area. Seems like there is some vegetation so maybe the king and queen help with that. Another garden, but bigger.

The letter O in line 2 has some text.

Cameraman zoom.... it seems to say SMOKE FROM up top and DARK OUTSIDE / CANDLELIGHT INTERIOR below.

Nothing useful, but maybe there is some gameplay at this location.

11-Dec-2022 03:18:37

Lord Drakan
Sep Member 2010

Lord Drakan

Posts: 7,043 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I rather wish they would finish existing storylines that have been open for over ten years rather than starting yet another completely new one. If we were getting 20 quests a year, then sure, but...

The description of this Fort Forinthry is utterly vague. I can't really comment on it except that His Majesty the King of Misthalin must have kept his heir secret for a long time now...
Bizarre Boron Fusswell, scryer extraordinaire. OSRS: POH ideas & RS3 minigames & achievement ideas !

Perhaps you're half right; perhaps we can't win. But we can fight.
— Zanik

11-Dec-2022 08:40:40

SlR
Nov Member 2020

SlR

Posts: 4,378 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sounds like there might be some time-travel thing going on, at Dark Warriors Fortress?
- Imagine we go back to a time where the wilderness had life, grass, trees, fish, etc.

https://runescape.wiki/w/Spirit_Realm
Bob says:
A bank PIN will keep your items secure.
Always check the second trade screen.
Never trade in the Wilderness!
Keep your computer keylogger-free and virus scanned.
Never give your password out to anyone.

11-Dec-2022 10:04:42 - Last edited on 11-Dec-2022 13:15:22 by SlR

Jeremy Cheng
Aug Member 2013

Jeremy Cheng

Posts: 25,647 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I hope it brings a way to smuggle dungeoneering items to the main game, good quests in the wildy area, unlock for unaggressive wildy monsters, hard mode chaos elemental, more rewards for the flash events and time travel to when the wildy was green

11-Dec-2022 10:36:52

Quick find code: 16-17-730-66268682 Back to Top