Lions RAWR
Sep Member 2019

Lions RAWR

Posts: 9,271 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert2001 said :
Lions RAWR said :
Dilbert2001 said :
^^
Since they reorganized RS3, they create episodic content. Every season, we have different content all tied to the ongoing story.

"
The construction of Fort Forinthry is complete!
To celebrate, King Roald requests that you host a banquet for the Misthalin royal family and assorted nobility. As if the usual political machinations of the Kingdom's elite weren't enough, the evening takes a sinister turn when one of the nobles is murdered at the banquet table! The gates are barred for the night; no one may leave or enter."

It clearly shows the Quest
and Challenges
follow the The construction of Fort Forinthry. We see the same kind of totally linked quests and lore based content all the last few years.

Honestly I was hoping that the Murder mystery quest was going to be a stand alone Silly quest that got thrown in there. Yes I know the new " seasons" that Jagex is doing for RS3 changed that idea, but I had hopes.

Not everything should be linked, but I understand why it is.

They don't form the Episodic Team for no reason. RS3 want to create entertainment content. Original and unique IP that is popular and has been running and running and running for over 10 years don't grow on tree. Carlyle Group knows the value of their IP RS3 has built over these years even Jagex doesn't know. They are diamonds in the rough.

Of course not, But you missed the point.

"Violet is blue" and "violet is blue too" are both stand alone quests that are fun to do and had no impact on the overall story (The later was launched in 2020). They broke away from the narrative and focused on just having a good time. What made RS "unique" was that it had a break from the traditional questing you see in most mmo's. Hence the Silly quests that RS was known for.

The same could of been done for this murder mystery quest.
Time to follow an trail of Treasure.
My Goals Lions Goals

16-Dec-2022 01:43:31

Lions RAWR
Sep Member 2019

Lions RAWR

Dilbert2001 said :
^^
Not true at all. Violet has become a NPC of the Christmas/Winter holiday event. Similarly we have NPCs for Spring and Halloween Events. These aren't standalone series. They are SEADONSL series.

What are you talking about?

Violet is blue and Violet is blue too can be seen as Stand alone novels.
" Within a standalone novel, all the story and character arcs are complete and there are no loose ends"

They could of done that with the Murder mystery quest coming out, but they integrated that into the main storyline of the year.
My Goals Lions Goals

17-Dec-2022 16:34:33

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lions RAWR said :
Dilbert2001 said :
^^
Not true at all. Violet has become a NPC of the Christmas/Winter holiday event. Similarly we have NPCs for Spring and Halloween Events. These aren't standalone series. They are SEADONSL series.

What are you talking about?

Violet is blue and Violet is blue too can be seen as Stand alone novels.
" Within a standalone novel, all the story and character arcs are complete and there are no loose ends"

They could of done that with the Murder mystery quest coming out, but they integrated that into the main storyline of the year.

Who told you lore in RS3's seasonal events aren't novelty? Seasonal events are, of course, standalone from each other.

The storyline of the year is Fortress of Forinthry in RS3, not any mystery quest. As usual RS3's Episodic story lines have far far more than just 1 quest each.

17-Dec-2022 19:16:36

Lions RAWR
Sep Member 2019

Lions RAWR

Dilbert2001 said :
The storyline of the year is Fortress of Forinthry in RS3, not any mystery quest. As usual RS3's Episodic story lines have far far more than just 1 quest each.

Is that why "Legacy of Zamorak" only had Two Quests and three mini quests? Such a big investment in quests for that series

Hopefully we will see more than two quests this storyline since its suppose to last for two years at the least. ( Before you say it, I know other content is coming out that is not quest related).
My Goals Lions Goals

04-Jan-2023 02:11:47 - Last edited on 04-Jan-2023 02:13:05 by Lions RAWR

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Lions RAWR said :
Dilbert2001 said :

Is that why "Legacy of Zamorak" only had Two Quests and three mini quests? Such a big investment in quests for that series

Hopefully we will see more than two quests this storyline since its suppose to last for two years at the least. ( Before you say it, I know other content is coming out that is not quest related).

They told us before the end of EGW Legacy of Zamorak would only be a SMLL series of 6 months.

Big investments? I don't know where you saw the investments. They didn't even spend time making livestreams and developer blogs on it.

The whole idea of the last 6 month actually was the Reborn WIlderness. We see all the changes there.

This has been the usual pattern leading to the big updates the last 10 years in RS3 - Smaller updates leading to a new skill or a new expansion like Anachronia.

Mod MIC actually told us we couldn't have every series like EGW. There must be smaller series setting up a big story arc, If everything was "HUGE", the "expansion" would be as flat as distill water. :D

04-Jan-2023 02:24:47 - Last edited on 04-Jan-2023 02:43:35 by Dilbert2001

Lions RAWR
Sep Member 2019

Lions RAWR

Lions RAWR said :
Dilbert2001 said :

Dilbert2001 said :
Big investments? I don't know where you saw the investments. They didn't even spend time making livestreams and developer blogs on it.

Its not like you to miss the sarcasm that was in that response lol. I did not think you would take it so literally, except to argue with me about the choice of very sarcastic words to describe the content that came out. You proved my point very well.
My Goals Lions Goals

04-Jan-2023 02:45:05 - Last edited on 04-Jan-2023 02:47:24 by Lions RAWR

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Fort of Forinthry probably serves similar purpose as Anachronia in the EGW and Kerapac Saga. It lays out the foundation for perhaps a bigger area of interest similar to Senntisten following the release of Necromancy. Then we hit the climax of the next story arc which is said to be 2 year long.

04-Jan-2023 02:54:57

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

We know the Fort Forinthry storyline will last 2 years so there should be many chapters and far more storytelling than Legacy of Zamorak.

The first chapter probably will pick up from the end of the Succession quest. We ended up being lifted over the ground by the Strange Power we experienced when Bilrach sacrificed the last Che-Lon Mah, the most powerful specie created by the Dreams of Mah except the Mahjarrat, in the Fremmenik Saga.

Now that seemingly Moia has sacrificed Bilrach to the "Strange Power". Did that complete the Ritual and will soon bring the "Strange Power" out of the 'Til Death Do Us Apart" Rift or some other Rifts in the Wilderness?

We may begin to hear about or at least know more about Xau-Tak soon.

06-Jan-2023 18:21:27

Lions RAWR
Sep Member 2019

Lions RAWR

Dilbert2001 said :
We know the Fort Forinthry storyline will last 2 years so there should be many chapters and far more storytelling than Legacy of Zamorak.

The first chapter probably will pick up from the end of the Succession quest. We ended up being lifted over the ground by the Strange Power we experienced when Bilrach sacrificed the last Che-Lon Mah, the most powerful specie created by the Dreams of Mah except the Mahjarrat, in the Fremmenik Saga.

Now that seemingly Moia has sacrificed Bilrach to the "Strange Power". Did that complete the Ritual and will soon bring the "Strange Power" out of the 'Til Death Do Us Apart" Rift or some other Rifts in the Wilderness?

We may begin to hear about or at least know more about Xau-Tak soon.

I'm not sure if we are going to step into another Storyline that will have such high stakes anytime soon. Xau-Tak would be one such storyline.

If they do chapters, I imagine we will see things that transform the wilderness in some ways. Much like the wilderness reborn update and than the wilderness events ( I like to believe that those wilderness events are tests to see what could be used to transform the area).

I do agree that the next set of updates in this Fort Fortinthry update should happen after the events of succession. At least to assure the players that the storylines are connected ( much like Legacy was a direct connection to the end of EGW).
My Goals Lions Goals

07-Jan-2023 05:17:03

Quick find code: 16-17-730-66268682 Back to Top