Forums

Fort Forinthry 2023 storyline

Quick find code: 16-17-730-66268682

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lord Drakan said :
I rather wish they would finish existing storylines that have been open for over ten years rather than starting yet another completely new one. If we were getting 20 quests a year, then sure, but...

The description of this Fort Forinthry is utterly vague. I can't really comment on it except that His Majesty the King of Misthalin must have kept his heir secret for a long time now...

Do you know there are plenty of unfinished and more novelty stories behind Kind Road?

First, the old lord suddenly became "ill" and has never appeared again.

Then we have King Roald revealed as being mind controlled by Surok Magis.

And more interestingly, King Roald is actually the illegitimate ruler of Misthalin. The rightful ruler is actually a half-werewolf prince.

11-Dec-2022 17:50:23

SlR
Nov Member 2020

SlR

Posts: 4,378 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Maybe there'll be day and night cycles! *howls*

https://youtu.be/LplPi2CxNHI
Bob says:
A bank PIN will keep your items secure.
Always check the second trade screen.
Never trade in the Wilderness!
Keep your computer keylogger-free and virus scanned.
Never give your password out to anyone.

11-Dec-2022 17:56:25 - Last edited on 11-Dec-2022 18:14:46 by SlR

Lions RAWR
Sep Member 2019

Lions RAWR

Posts: 9,271 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Roddy Piper said :
Inside the letters it shows a fort, so I am guessing they will actually add it to the game. Maybe north of DG in the open area. Seems like there is some vegetation so maybe the king and queen help with that. Another garden, but bigger.

The letter O in line 2 has some text.

Cameraman zoom.... it seems to say SMOKE FROM up top and DARK OUTSIDE / CANDLELIGHT INTERIOR below.

Nothing useful, but maybe there is some gameplay at this location.

That is a very good eye you have :)

It seems to be connected to the reveal today that we will be buildings things ( an church, an workshop etc) so maybe that is what the smoke is from?

I do have a feeling that we will be seeing more gardens pop up around the game world too. So someplace close to Varrock would be cool.
Time to follow an trail of Treasure.
My Goals Lions Goals

11-Dec-2022 18:19:51

Lions RAWR
Sep Member 2019

Lions RAWR

Lord Drakan said :
I rather wish they would finish existing storylines that have been open for over ten years rather than starting yet another completely new one. If we were getting 20 quests a year, then sure, but...

The description of this Fort Forinthry is utterly vague. I can't really comment on it except that His Majesty the King of Misthalin must have kept his heir secret for a long time now...

I don't think we will be going back to questlines that have been left incomplete ( unless they can be tied into this new episodic story telling). Jagex seems to want to move the story along and not need to go backwards to tie up loose ends.
My Goals Lions Goals

11-Dec-2022 18:22:50

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Lions RAWR said :
Roddy Piper said :
Inside the letters it shows a fort, so I am guessing they will actually add it to the game. Maybe north of DG in the open area. Seems like there is some vegetation so maybe the king and queen help with that. Another garden, but bigger.

Cameraman zoom.... it seems to say SMOKE FROM up top and DARK OUTSIDE / CANDLELIGHT INTERIOR below.

It seems to be connected to the reveal today that we will be buildings things ( an church, an workshop etc) so maybe that is what the smoke is from?

I do have a feeling that we will be seeing more gardens pop up around the game world too. So someplace close to Varrock would be cool.

"This update adds a new training method for the Construction skill. The player will be tasked with building a fort to the
north east of Varrock
. There, they will be able to process Construction materials into full buildings, and then go on to upgrade their facilities into higher tiers for improved benefits."

We are told the location of the new Fort already. North East of Varrock, probably not that far up north of Daemonheim, and more likely closer to the Chaos Temple where we can still see lava.

11-Dec-2022 18:38:26

Lions RAWR
Sep Member 2019

Lions RAWR

Dilbert2001 said :
Lions RAWR said :
Roddy Piper said :

"This update adds a new training method for the Construction skill. The player will be tasked with building a fort to the
north east of Varrock
. There, they will be able to process Construction materials into full buildings, and then go on to upgrade their facilities into higher tiers for improved benefits."

We are told the location of the new Fort already. North East of Varrock, probably not that far up north of Daemonheim, and more likely closer to the Chaos Temple where we can still see lava.

What are your predictions for building a fort in that section of the wilderness? Curious what you think.
My Goals Lions Goals

11-Dec-2022 18:54:32

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

^^
"We know Runescape: The Next Generation is taking over with the demise of Zamorak and
Saradomin.

Moia (assuming she is still the same Moia before the 'Til Death Do Us Apart) is ruling the Wilderness and the Zamorakians.

We also know Adrasteia has claimed leadership of the Saradominists and Zilyana is just an afterthought now. So why not Adrasteia for the Queen of Varrock? King Roald and his queen to the guillotine? :D "
- Page 1, Post 3

Already commented on that. Powers have shifted to the Next Generation. Moia and Adrasteaa will be the next focal points of conflicts. We will have many of the old unsolved mysteries tied together. New things replace old things, as Jagex already told us.

11-Dec-2022 20:51:33

Roddy Piper
Jan Member 2011

Roddy Piper

Posts: 13,751 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Supply lines definitely caught my eye. Trade wagons. I've been trying to imagine the best way to do something like that. We had a convoy in one of the world events.

But IMO they should make it like Temple Trekking. Take it off the surface map and instead have encounters for us to deal with. Whether it is fixing the wagon, clearing a blocked path, making a new path, bridges, combat, reloading a spilled cart, and anything else that fits.

12-Dec-2022 14:50:36

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

"As if the usual political machinations of the Kingdom's elite weren't enough, the evening takes a sinister turn when one of the nobles is murdered at the banquet table!"

See? This new chapter is about new regime trying to replace the old one.

Guess who the noble member is going to die? The King or the Queen or some previously unacknowledged or forgotten royal member?

If Roald dies, will you rather have Queen Ellamaria or Queen Adrasteia on the throne? :D

12-Dec-2022 18:41:44

Wingate

Wingate

Posts: 32 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert2001 said :
"As if the usual political machinations of the Kingdom's elite weren't enough, the evening takes a sinister turn when one of the nobles is murdered at the banquet table!"

See? This new chapter is about new regime trying to replace the old one.

Guess who the noble member is going to die? The King or the Queen or some previously unacknowledged or forgotten royal member?

If Roald dies, will you rather have Queen Ellamaria or Queen Adrasteia on the throne? :D

Roald is King of Misthalin. Adrasteia is basically empress of all of Saradomin's kingdoms. All of the monarchs and kingdoms answer to her but the monarchs still have power over their own kingdoms. I don't know why they named her queen when she is obviously above that rank.

12-Dec-2022 19:21:51 - Last edited on 12-Dec-2022 19:34:55 by Wingate

Quick find code: 16-17-730-66268682 Back to Top