Fort Forinthry 2023 storyline

Quick find code: 16-17-730-66268682

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lions RAWR said :
Dilbert2001 said :
We know the Fort Forinthry storyline will last 2 years so there should be many chapters and far more storytelling than Legacy of Zamorak.

The first chapter probably will pick up from the end of the Succession quest. We ended up being lifted over the ground by the Strange Power we experienced when Bilrach sacrificed the last Che-Lon Mah, the most powerful specie created by the Dreams of Mah except the Mahjarrat, in the Fremmenik Saga.

Now that seemingly Moia has sacrificed Bilrach to the "Strange Power". Did that complete the Ritual and will soon bring the "Strange Power" out of the 'Til Death Do Us Apart" Rift or some other Rifts in the Wilderness?

We may begin to hear about or at least know more about Xau-Tak soon.

I'm not sure if we are going to step into another Storyline that will have such high stakes anytime soon. Xau-Tak would be one such storyline.

If they do chapters, I imagine we will see things that transform the wilderness in some ways. Much like the wilderness reborn update and than the wilderness events ( I like to believe that those wilderness events are tests to see what could be used to transform the area).

I do agree that the next set of updates in this Fort Fortinthry update should happen after the events of succession. At least to assure the players that the storylines are connected ( much like Legacy was a direct connection to the end of EGW).

The Xau-Tak storyline is the longest running storyline covering all kinds of stories with CORRUPTION involved. Getting to it is just the normal process of having all the rivers merging into the ocean and then we set our barge forward from the converging point.

We have already been told when they introduced Legacy of Zamorak, the next storyline (we knew it is Fort Forinthry now) would be the continuing saga of it.

07-Jan-2023 16:45:40

Red Snyper2
Feb Member 2022

Red Snyper2

Posts: 854 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lions RAWR said :
This storyline should be good based on the email blast they sent out.

We are getting a new quest and the first of any blue prints to start building the fort in Feb :)

Indeed. In fact, there's a newspost today stating the first update for the storyline will be released next week.

06-Feb-2023 22:02:41

Genuisdragon
Feb Member 2022

Genuisdragon

Posts: 234 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert2001 said :
"An old time is coming to an end, but new things are about to begin..."

We've already seen the end of the old time Wilderness. Old mobs like fire giants have come to an end, but new things and new mobs are happening where the old fire giants, blue dragons and such are.

As for Varrock, King Roald's regime perhaps is poised to come to an end. Perhaps we will get to the long forgotten secret of the disappearance of the old king. A new regime, under Adrasteia, maybe in making... but the Time Guardian has to help her fend off an ancient ursurper first.

The old generation is coming to and end, but Runesape: The Next Genearion is about to begin... :)

Why have King Roald lose his position and have Adrasteia take over? She's busy with being the Basilissa (female version of basileus which means king or emperor) of the human kingdoms. So if anything she has more authority then King Roald in the eyes of Saradomin who appointed her to that position in the first place.

08-Feb-2023 02:07:57

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Genuisdragon said :
Dilbert2001 said :

We've already seen the end of the old time Wilderness. Old mobs like fire giants have come to an end, but new things and new mobs are happening where the old fire giants, blue dragons and such are.

As for Varrock, King Roald's regime perhaps is poised to come to an end. Perhaps we will get to the long forgotten secret of the disappearance of the old king. A new regime, under Adrasteia, maybe in making... but the Time Guardian has to help her fend off an ancient ursurper first.

The old generation is coming to and end, but Runesape: The Next Genearion is about to begin... :)

Why have King Roald lose his position and have Adrasteia take over? She's busy with being the Basilissa (female version of basileus which means king or emperor) of the human kingdoms. So if anything she has more authority then King Roald in the eyes of Saradomin who appointed her to that position in the first place.

Roald won't "lose" his position, but Adrasteia is the micro-management type as you can see her pushed Zilyana away right after Saradomin left. Roald will be more like the "King" of England type of monarch, but the control of the Saradomin domain will be firmly in Adrasteia's hands.

08-Feb-2023 03:33:05

Lions RAWR
Sep Member 2019

Lions RAWR

Posts: 9,271 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Feedback from the Live stream and Thread post:
-
Removal of Lumberyard

I am disappointed that they decided to remove the Lumberyard all together just so they can stick the fort close to Varrock. They talk about clutter while also making more clutter thus defeating the purpose. RS has always been one to keep pieces of content around even when the content is no longer relevant to the story ( I am looking at you Armadyl tower).

-
REST AND RELAXATION HELPS ME SKILL?

This is one of the most head scratching things that Jagex has released and I am not sure why they would want to do this. "
Here you will accumulate a pool of rested experience. This is a new method to help you skill, as you work away in the fort or when you are offline you will build up a pool of rested experience that can be traded in for bonus experience in any skill you choose this pool grows bigger with each upgrade to the Town hall. "
Why would you want to give away even more XP while you are offline now? Has Jagex lost touch with what an MMO is? Grant it is bonus xp, but still.. Do irons benefit?

-Command center-

I kind of understand how they want to consolidate all the other "player owned" content into one area. But I expected this to be used so you can venture into the wilderness more, not have past content in one place. I am not a fan of all this laziness that is being introduced here.

Personally I had far more higher hopes for this content when it was being teased. Seeing what they are doing with it, while just the beginning, gives me a sense that the current Devs are losing touch with what made the game interesting to me. Maybe the lore will be great and that will make it semi better.

I ask that anyone who responds is respectful to all sides. No insults, no baiting for an reaction. Just stick to the topic.
Time to follow an trail of Treasure.
My Goals Lions Goals

09-Feb-2023 01:03:59 - Last edited on 09-Feb-2023 01:16:09 by Lions RAWR

H 1 L D A
Apr Member 2020

H 1 L D A

Posts: 1,666 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lions, I think it is -very- important to understand (as someone who shares your sentiment that the game is evolving in a way that kind of obfuscates the same allure RuneScape and its content -used- to have in previous years in favor of a totally new direction that may not hit the mark with me personally) that Fort Forinthry is only -just- beginning narrative wise.

From the -jump-, we're getting:

> A way to train Construction in the overworld that doesn't involve using portable skilling locations (and is related to MTX), via a mini game (Construction Contracts), or through daily/weekly/monthlyscape methods (God Statues). This is kind of the first time Construction has -properly- been moved outside of the Player-Owned House. (While I just wish they would make the POH genuinely useful, I -do- see this being a remarkable update.)

> A mini-quest (iirc) that introduces the fort as well as the player assuming the role of Duke/Duchess/Dux of the area.

> A command center that centralizes activities in which the player is definitively "the leader" -and- buffs them with higher tier builds (Portmaster, Base Camp leader, Thane of Miscellania, Research Team leader.)

> Community Prayer that (if what I read off of Reddit is to be believed) combines Gilded Altar xp rates with Old School's Chaos Altar effect of potentially saving bones when they are sacrificed.

I'd mention "rested experience" if I were into that kind of direction, but I would rather Jagex make updates that respect me as a competent RuneScape player and not as someone that could be doing -anything else- but play the game. However, I will admit that for the busy casual gamer, this is yet another convenience upgrade that likely requires the player to earn it through Construction.

There are things that we know are also on the roadmap (Necromancy) and lie beyond the walls (the Wilderness) that could provide further utility to what is already starting off as a stacked area.
Quest Cape Owner since 2021

Maxed
- July 31st, 2022

09-Feb-2023 07:43:25

H 1 L D A
Apr Member 2020

H 1 L D A

Posts: 1,666 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
(Cont.)

The workshop (which starts out as generally where you will set up your Construction training throughout the rest of the Fort and replaces some functions from the Lumberyard and Stonemason) is actually a pretty jam packed building.

Tier 1:

> The Construction functions above
> An Archaeology Workbench
> An Invention Workbench
> A Furnace for Smelting
> Anvils for Smithing
> ... all within a very short distance of a bank chest.

Higher tiers also provide remote access to your Invention machinery (likely Tier 2, but I could be wrong, as well as additional power for those machines (Tier 3)

What's great about this is that all of these skills were either trained anywhere in the background (Invention) or in far flung hubs (Archaeology Guild, Traehearn District, Artisan's Workshop) and now players can run into other players are skilling but not necessarily being bottlenecked into the same location for the same reason. (This is furthermore -incentivized- for players that have built their Town Hall as they will be earning rested experience for skilling within the Fort, but I'd argue that discouraging exploration by forcing players to train in certain areas for the sake of feigning "lively" gameplay experiences isn't exactly enrapturing...)

There's a realistic chance for players to find other people playing the game here outside of DXP, and the place sets up naturally for being a prime spot to train -during- DXP depending on whether or not Portable locations can be placed within the building.

This would bring those training the above skills closer to everyone else, making it potentially outclass the Lumbridge bank chest as a portable location for groups of friends.
Quest Cape Owner since 2021

Maxed
- July 31st, 2022

09-Feb-2023 08:22:47 - Last edited on 09-Feb-2023 08:44:44 by H 1 L D A

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001 said :
Genuisdragon said :
Dilbert2001 said :

Roald won't "lose" his position, but Adrasteia is the micro-management type as you can see her pushed Zilyana away right after Saradomin left. Roald will be more like the "King" of England type of monarch, but the control of the Saradomin domain will be firmly in Adrasteia's hands.

New reveal shows the Time Guardian is going to be the new Duke new week. Adrasteia is going to consult us instead of Roald and Horacio logically. The new generation is just going to push the old farts in Varrock aside. ;)

11-Feb-2023 21:15:53

Quick find code: 16-17-730-66268682 Back to Top