Forums

Fort Forinthry 2023 storyline

Quick find code: 16-17-730-66268682

Roddy Piper
Jan Member 2011

Roddy Piper

Posts: 13,751 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
^ x 2
Conveniently leaves out the next part of the quote, which reveals it is a detective mystery CLUE parody kind of deal.

.....The gates are barred for the night; no one may leave or enter.

Can you and your wannabe-detective butler identify the murderer before dawn breaks?"

Looks like we're in for a detective story!

On a personal note, I find nothing to be more annoying than wannabes. Hopefully this butler detective brings something to the table, besides my breakfast.

12-Dec-2022 19:23:27 - Last edited on 12-Dec-2022 19:24:05 by Roddy Piper

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Wingate said :
Dilbert2001 said :
"As if the usual political machinations of the Kingdom's elite weren't enough, the evening takes a sinister turn when one of the nobles is murdered at the banquet table!"

See? This new chapter is about new regime trying to replace the old one.

Guess who the noble member is going to die? The King or the Queen or some previously unacknowledged or forgotten royal member?

If Roald dies, will you rather have Queen Ellamaria or Queen Adrasteia on the throne? :D

Roald is King of Misthalin. Adrasteia is basically empress of all of Saradomin's kingdoms. All of the monarchs and kingdoms answer to her but the monarchs still have power over their own kingdoms. I don't know why they named her queen when she is obviously above that rank.

Can't Adrasteia have powers over the Misthalin kingdom too? Don't forget Saradomin has powers over Lumbridge, if not Misthalin, as Duke Haracio came to Saradomin, not Roald, for help when Lumbridge was broke.

12-Dec-2022 19:48:18

Wingate

Wingate

Posts: 32 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
" Can't Adrasteia have powers over the Misthalin kingdom too? Don't forget Saradomin has powers over Lumbridge, if not Misthalin, as Duke Haracio came to Saradomin, not Roald, for help when Lumbridge was broke ."

She is the empress but for some reason is called a 'queen'. The kings are second only to the empress. The duke is in charge of Lumbridge because it is his lands. People built their homes and businesses around his castle, so he is in a way their boss and renter. The duke is a rich landowner in Misthalin that still serves the Misthalin crown. All decisions of the Misthalin Kingdom still fall under King Roald, but Adrastea has the power to overrule him. Adrastea is also in charge of Asgarnia and Kandarin. Think of it like America, there are several governors for each state but there is only one president.

12-Dec-2022 20:06:28 - Last edited on 12-Dec-2022 20:09:08 by Wingate

Lions RAWR
Sep Member 2019

Lions RAWR

Posts: 9,271 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Roddy Piper said :
.....The gates are barred for the night; no one may leave or enter.

Can you and your wannabe-detective butler identify the murderer before dawn breaks?"

Looks like we're in for a detective story!

On a personal note, I find nothing to be more annoying than wannabes. Hopefully this butler detective brings something to the table, besides my breakfast.

It reminded me of "Murder on the orient express" or " Clue" and the recent one " death on the nile" It has all the hallmarks of a silly and fun quest. I suspect that this quest will not influence the story either lol.
Time to follow an trail of Treasure.
My Goals Lions Goals

13-Dec-2022 02:38:15

Lions RAWR
Sep Member 2019

Lions RAWR

Dilbert2001 said :
"As if the usual political machinations of the Kingdom's elite weren't enough, the evening takes a sinister turn when one of the nobles is murdered at the banquet table!"

Guess who the noble member is going to die? The King or the Queen or some previously unacknowledged or forgotten royal member?

I highly doubt the faith of the Kingdom will be linked to the events in this future quest. Seems to me Jagex is going back to the good old silly quests again that have no impact on the overall story.
My Goals Lions Goals

13-Dec-2022 02:42:46

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Lions RAWR said :
Dilbert2001 said :

I highly doubt the faith of the Kingdom will be linked to the events in this future quest. Seems to me Jagex is going back to the good old silly quests again that have no impact on the overall story.

Who said Fort of Forinthry is just about a "future quest"? We just learned from the livestream it is going to be 2 years or more long. We will have plenty of lore.

13-Dec-2022 18:17:38

Lions RAWR
Sep Member 2019

Lions RAWR

Dilbert2001 said :
Lions RAWR said :
Dilbert2001 said :

Who said Fort of Forinthry is just about a "future quest"? We just learned from the livestream it is going to be 2 years or more long. We will have plenty of lore.

No one did? Stop twisting my words.

I only said that the events of this upcoming murder mystery quest is more in line with a silly quest that Jagex used to do in the past and that the events in that said mystery quest may not have an impact in the storyline as you may think.
My Goals Lions Goals

14-Dec-2022 00:21:11

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

^^
Since they reorganized RS3, they create episodic content. Every season, we have different content all tied to the ongoing story.

"
The construction of Fort Forinthry is complete!
To celebrate, King Roald requests that you host a banquet for the Misthalin royal family and assorted nobility. As if the usual political machinations of the Kingdom's elite weren't enough, the evening takes a sinister turn when one of the nobles is murdered at the banquet table! The gates are barred for the night; no one may leave or enter."

It clearly shows the Quest
and Challenges
follow the The construction of Fort Forinthry. We see the same kind of totally linked quests and lore based content all the last few years.

14-Dec-2022 00:49:53

Lions RAWR
Sep Member 2019

Lions RAWR

Dilbert2001 said :
^^
Since they reorganized RS3, they create episodic content. Every season, we have different content all tied to the ongoing story.

"
To celebrate, King Roald requests that you host a banquet for the Misthalin royal family and assorted nobility. As if the usual political machinations of the Kingdom's elite weren't enough, the evening takes a sinister turn when one of the nobles is murdered at the banquet table! The gates are barred for the night; no one may leave or enter."

and Challenges
follow the The construction of Fort Forinthry. We see the same kind of totally linked quests and lore based content all the last few years.

Honestly I was hoping that the Murder mystery quest was going to be a stand alone Silly quest that got thrown in there. Yes I know the new " seasons" that Jagex is doing for RS3 changed that idea, but I had hopes.

Not everything should be linked, but I understand why it is.
My Goals Lions Goals

14-Dec-2022 01:12:03

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Lions RAWR said :
Dilbert2001 said :
^^

"

and Challenges

Honestly I was hoping that the Murder mystery quest was going to be a stand alone Silly quest that got thrown in there. Yes I know the new " seasons" that Jagex is doing for RS3 changed that idea, but I had hopes.

Not everything should be linked, but I understand why it is.

They don't form the Episodic Team for no reason. RS3 want to create entertainment content. Original and unique IP that is popular and has been running and running and running for over 10 years don't grow on tree. Carlyle Group knows the value of their IP RS3 has built over these years even Jagex doesn't know. They are diamonds in the rough.

14-Dec-2022 01:20:49

Quick find code: 16-17-730-66268682 Back to Top