Forums

GRIEF

Quick find code: 93-94-912-65783429

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ahh, little did she know the imps of evil she would allow to proliferate and cavort in the very midst of the innocent lambs.

I'm convinced there are many, many people who are shocked to their very core at the chaos and havoc we brought to the forums and into the game. Their lives and psyches must surely be in tatters. We are probably all destined for Hades.

O_o

Moving on, just where the heck is Brian?

Moving on even further, I'm terribly bored with Forums, Reddit, Twitter, Discords and aphids.
I'm also bored with Runescape. Re-hashes of old content (line firemaking wut?), ugly pets that I don't want even for free, even uglier cosmetics and Boss fights I can't do cuz haz wonky hands.

I've been playing this for 14 years (woman and old crone); I need to find a new game.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

23-Apr-2018 16:01:59

Kings Abbot

Kings Abbot

Posts: 10,754 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Try the Myst games, they're a very challenging but fun puzzle-adventure series taking place in stunning locations. The game series actually turns 25 this year and every game will be sold again, completely patched so they work on Windows 10 (something that was a serious problem for the oldest ones).
I challenge you to complete them without searching for a solution on the internet. It will cause you much GRIEF if you get stuck! Muhahahaha!
Kings Eastwood in
THE GLOOP , THE BWIAN , and THE WIKI
music by Trewavio Morricone

YOU-KNOW-WHO
GO
YOU-KNOW-WHAT
YOURSELF!

23-Apr-2018 20:13:18

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

I liked the sound of the Myst series but looking further don't think they will be suitable for my computer as it's Windows 7 with 64 bit - many sites say I won't be able to run it (despite the claims on GOG).

Tried Windows 10 when it first came out, didn't like it, got rid.

Ehh, idk. Don't like shooter games, don't like dying in games, no longer have PS or XBox, certainly don't fancy suiciding on the White House lawn .. so picky ain't I?
Le Chat Guerrier

24-Apr-2018 00:54:40

Kings Abbot

Kings Abbot

FiFi LaFeles said :
I liked the sound of the Myst series but looking further don't think they will be suitable for my computer as it's Windows 7 with 64 bit - many sites say I won't be able to run it (despite the claims on GOG).

The first one (Myst and it's small rework Myst: Masterpiece edition) needs Windows XP, but the 3D version of it (realMyst and realMyst: Masterpiece Edition) do work, the first is from 2001 and works on compability mode if you select the right operating system (Windows ME I think), the latter is only a few years old, but quite heavy to run.

The second, Riven, is the biggest pain in the donkey, it works with compability mode, but it crashes very easily, even during a saving process, corrupting your save file (I always had two save files and saved both every time in case it went wrong).
There's an iPad/iPhone version that works perfectly for a rather cheap price, but the image quality is a bit lower.
Some fans are making a "realRiven" however, check the 'Starry Expanse Project' on Google. They've been busy for eleven years now, and it's still not finished (let's hope Jagex is faster with their Mining and Smithing update!).

Myst III: Exile should work, probably in compability.

Myst IV: Revelations works after you download a patch to make it work.

Myst V: End of Ages also works quite fine, but I think another patch is needed.

Uru: Ages Beyond Myst also works quite fine.

Somewhere between two games I went from Windows 7 to 10 (both x64), but I can't remember when exactly, somewhere near Myst IV I think.

Another game you could play that is very simple and works on every Windows OS, although it only came with Windows itself up to Windows XP, is Pinball: Space Cadet. Just copy the files from a computer with Windows XP to the same folder of a more recent computer, create a shortcut to it on your desktop, and start playing! Check Google where the game files (and help files if you want them) are located.
Kings Eastwood in

YOU-KNOW-WHO
GO
YOU-KNOW-WHAT
YOURSELF!

24-Apr-2018 11:12:51

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Hmmmm, well. As they're pretty cheap to buy I might give one a go. If it fails in Compatibility Mode then I won't have wasted a lot. Thanks for the advice :D

However, it'll probably take me six months to get around to it, lol. I'm very lazy at 'getting going' and as Summer is just around the corner (allegedly) I won't be spending a lot of time indoors.
Le Chat Guerrier

24-Apr-2018 12:15:09

Kings Abbot

Kings Abbot

FiFi LaFeles said :
Hmmmm, well. As they're pretty cheap to buy I might give one a go. If it fails in Compatibility Mode then I won't have wasted a lot. Thanks for the advice :D

However, it'll probably take me six months to get around to it, lol. I'm very lazy at 'getting going' and as Summer is just around the corner (allegedly) I won't be spending a lot of time indoors.

There's a kickstarter thing on the Cyan homepage, you can get some limited goodies if you give them some extra cash! The updated versions coming out later this year will work on Windows 10, so probably on 7 as well. Just wait until September or so.
Kings Eastwood in

YOU-KNOW-WHO
GO
YOU-KNOW-WHAT
YOURSELF!

24-Apr-2018 20:47:43 - Last edited on 24-Apr-2018 20:48:24 by Kings Abbot

Quick find code: 93-94-912-65783429 Back to Top