Forums

GRIEF

Quick find code: 93-94-912-65783429

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ohhh I seeee. Well, you wouldn't be able to grief me with a cunning plan or clever quip. I'm afraid I'm much too thick to follow anything more convoluted than a plate of spaghetti. Which, I must confess, I chop up with a knife and fork as twirling it on a spoon is far too complicated for such a simpleton (not to mention a bit damned Johnny Foreigner if you ask me).

As for attention seeking; I'm more the type who clears one's throat quietly, half raises a hand and murmurs "Umm, excuse me" in a self-deprecating and slightly nervous manner.

Because I'm a ladyyyyyyyyy.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

28-Jun-2017 18:53:41

Lumine

Lumine

Posts: 15,239 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :
... I wonder if the correct form should be Mangeypox with an 'e' in the Mangey bit, or no 'e'. I like to try to get my spelling rite.

mangy
[unreadable IPA pronunciation]
adjective

having mange.
"a mangy cat"

in poor condition; shabby.
comparative adjective: mangier; superlative adjective: mangiest
"a girl in a mangy fur coat"

- I'm not very good at griefing, am I. I'll blow my cover if I'm not careful. Of course, a lot of people feel that having their spelling corrected *is* a form of griefing, even when they asked about it. So I may just be a natural.
Lumine
Patrona Emerita
of the
Caped Carousers
quest cape clan
93-94-178-66118830

29-Jun-2017 04:02:48 - Last edited on 29-Jun-2017 04:03:37 by Lumine

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yes! I've seen spelling-correctors being verbally abused as 'Spelling Police' so it's definitely irritating to some people (even those who didn't make the error in the first place). So well done, you indeed display the attributes of a natural born Griefer.

Next test is killing people in the most gruesome ways possible. Rugi's good at that, he'll coach you. Although you might want to build up to that gradually. Try a bit of West rock mining first.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

29-Jun-2017 10:22:38

Bernadette
Dec Member 2021

Bernadette

Posts: 5,417 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My favourite form of grammar correcting Grief is when an actual grammar corrector makes their own grammatical mistake when correcting

I like to point it out whilst claiming that I myself am useless at grammar thus forestalling any attempt at deflecting said grief back at me due to my unique spelling ability and use of punctuation or lack thereof
One man's Truth is another man's Lie

29-Jun-2017 11:19:15

Bernadette
Dec Member 2021

Bernadette

I hope the
unsuspecting
lovely Molly takes up our invite to
be trapped
join our merry band of GRIEFers. Our furry and feathery recruits nearly outnumber the human(ish) ones again.

This has become a wondrously long and meandering thread with nary a BUMP, except perhaps in ironic GRIEF mode.

I would suggest ignoring most of Corugi's piffle on p1 and dive in at p117 to get a flavour of current, ummm, bloodletting etc., and then work backwards/forwards in true random GRIEFERish style.

29-Jun-2017 11:24:23 - Last edited on 29-Jun-2017 11:41:43 by Bernadette

Bernadette
Dec Member 2021

Bernadette

HaHa Molly, you will fit right in - you have GRIEFed Corugi by ignoring his piffle (when you have nothing better to do, it is worth reading so you can pour scorn on his efforts).

Just a minor point ....... one does not 'check out' GRIEF.

Solely by posting on this thread you are automatically classed as an unwitting member - May I be the first to offer you a formal GRIEFly Unwelcome.

ps - If you were truly unwelcome, we would just ignore you in a GRIEFish sort of way xx

29-Jun-2017 16:22:40

Quick find code: 93-94-912-65783429 Back to Top