Forums

GRIEF

Quick find code: 93-94-912-65783429

Lumine

Lumine

Posts: 15,239 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I assume they wanted to hang onto you despite your belligerence because they suspected it might *not* be a minor ailment. It'd be a great loss to the world if it turned out to be the precursor to a stroke or something. Would it not be wise to at least let some shaman check?
Lumine
Patrona Emerita
of the
Caped Carousers
quest cape clan
93-94-178-66118830

26-Jun-2017 01:54:53

Corugi

Corugi

Posts: 19,109 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You may have a competitor for nose bleed blood, Fifi. Not that this would worry you, as you were not getting paid for it anyway. Yes, I have entered into negotiations with Lord Bucket to be a supplier as well and made my first sale to Krista.

I feel this is a beginning of a new era for the enterprising activities of the Corugii Corporation. Would you like to become a shareholder? I would accept payment in toes and fingers. Indeed I can personally assist you in making the payment.

I failed to keep my New Year's resolution before I even made it.

26-Jun-2017 07:59:30 - Last edited on 26-Jun-2017 08:04:42 by Corugi

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I wasn't at all belligerent! I merely pointed out (in a mild-mannered way) that my body belongs to me and given that I was entirely compos mentis, not registered or recorded as being mentally deficient or erratic and not under the influence of any substances, I was entirely within my rights to refuse to have forced medical attention for an assumed condition which was not actually manifesting itself at the time.

If I'd said I belonged to some religious organisation that didn't permit medical/clinical interventions and, thus, they would be breaching my human rights by insisting on my attendance and compliance I daresay they would have cleared off rather quicker than they did.

However, I'm not really into telling outright lies of that nature so merely refused. The Coppers, despite their sinister allusions to 'detaining' me, looked shady and didn't answer when I repeatedly asked on what suspicious grounds I would be detained. Of course, there were no grounds on which they could reasonably coerce me into receiving medical attention without running the risk of me suing the arse off the local Constabulary. They knew this and were merely being pompous.

Jump forward : My GP confirmed what I pretty much knew; small blood vessel up the hooter which might need cauterizing if it doesn't stabilise itself over the next few months, no underlying cause.

So, enough of my snout. Bad luck, Rugi, your Blood Bank enterprise will wither on the vine heh heh.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

26-Jun-2017 11:34:02

MDove

MDove

Posts: 1,259 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
...KK, good you spoke with GP, anyway.

Reread some of Players w/ Disabilities thread...saw where you mentioned
something about cancerous episodes??

Also saw, Jenny Smith posting bout her neck...end of March...haven't seen action from her since...

Trouble walking/SpinalCord bent into Loop. Spinal tap, too. When they fused 2discs in my neck 2yrs ago..arthritis/stenosis, came home, blacked-out...
ambulanced out...they had punctured my esophagus...abcess/sepsis.
Then they patched that but did not patch all of it...ambulance/sepsis.
Screaming in pain.
+charged me for all that.

Only mention this, due to what Jenny was mentioning...end of March.
I was away 4months.

26-Jun-2017 19:26:08 - Last edited on 26-Jun-2017 20:48:37 by MDove

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Oh yeah, I've had that old bitch cancer come calling a couple of times. Fortunately, it was either on bits of me that I didn't really need any more, or highly responsive to drug therapy. I fully intend to live to be at least 90 and a frightful nuisance to all and sundry.

I think Jenny was sent on a forced vacation from the forums (again), and I haven't seen a Tweet from her since about mid-April, so hmmm. I dunno. She doesn't like me much (as in, at all) so I don't want to pry. We used to squabble most horribly, some years back.

Unbelievable about what a mess they made with your disc operation!! We don't pay here (as you know) but if they'd made a pig's ear like that the Hospital would have been sued for compensation. Lots of it. It's a sobering thought, the things people like me take for granted because it's always been there. I really should think more outside my smug little white bread world.

I think I'll start by reporting Rugi to DEFRA for hawking buckets of semi-congealed nasal drippings.
Le Chat Guerrier

27-Jun-2017 02:17:40

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Stoaty !!! How humungously splendid to see you although, as is mostly usual, I don't have a clue what you are talking about :D I hope you find time to post here once in a while, as I don't venture out much these days.

Oh, eyyy, peeps - someone told me they were watching a stream (or some other such communicado that I have no truck with) earlier today by the Jagexies and they will be announcing a new skill at Runefest.

No clue what it is. I wonder if it will be as riveting and well-polished as Mangeyphos (actually, I think I'll rename that place Mangeypox).

I wonder if it's 'Griefing'? What a wonderful fun skill that would make.

Edit:
(the next morning um yeah w/e O_o ) ... I wonder if the correct form should be Mangeypox with an 'e' in the Mangey bit, or no 'e'. I like to try to get my spelling rite.
Le Chat Guerrier

28-Jun-2017 00:46:54 - Last edited on 28-Jun-2017 09:16:27 by FiFi LaFeles

Quick find code: 93-94-912-65783429 Back to Top