Forums

Pride, Pet Changes & Mobile

Quick find code: 380-381-818-66255918

justpaye

justpaye

Posts: 25 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
To anyone telling us to simply ignore this update, I woul like to quote for you something that was on that same update page.

"Further Diversity and Inclusion Changes

Old School RuneScape really is OLD School RuneScape, and we recognise that certain elements of the game are far less acceptable than they were 20 years ago. Moving forward, we’ll address a number of issues to make Gielinor a more inclusive and welcoming place to be."

How exactly can we ignore this when they are telling us that they are going back into the game and making it more appropriate for this ignorable group of people?

You've lost a customer jagex. 17 years

26-Jun-2022 15:47:39

Waterbuey
Aug Member 2021

Waterbuey

Posts: 7 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have been playing Runescpae since early 2007 and have a few points of insight that I feel are relevant here. Honestly, speaking for many of us, we as a community feel that the introduction of sexual orientation based events in the game are quite out of place. It’s not something that is necessary to bring into this game for many reasons. People have different views on it, and for one thing it does divide. In the past there has been debate about this as well.
Events such as Christmas, Easter, and Halloween are things that bring us together for a good fun time while the lgbt truly is on a whole other level, one that again does not fit in this type of environemt. It is not that we have some sort of a dislike for people in these categories, they are accepted with open arms. Please try to understand though, that pushing it in this type of environment is quite out of place and interferes with the type of gameplay in which we all enjoy.
Skillet, adventurer, slayer.

26-Jun-2022 23:40:20

Montinevvra
Mar Member 2024

Montinevvra

Posts: 791 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Waterbuey said :
the introduction of sexual orientation based events in the game are quite out of place.

Openly straight characters have been in the game since Day 1: https://oldschool.runescape.wiki/w/Romeo_%26_Juliet
You're objecting specifically to the gay stuff.
Waterbuey said :
People have different views on it,

That's the problem. The only morally correct stance is "People should be allowed to be who they are." I fully support dividing the intolerant from the accepting.
Waterbuey said :
they are accepted with open arms.

o wow... this is you being accepting?

27-Jun-2022 04:11:08 - Last edited on 27-Jun-2022 04:13:28 by Montinevvra

Castchaos
Jun Member 2017

Castchaos

Posts: 563 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Montinevvra said :

Waterbuey said :
they are accepted with open arms.

o wow... this is you being accepting?

That's twisting words.
-> "open arms" referred to the people
-> unsubbing referred to calling already existing, perfectly fine content "not adequate anymore" and confirming to change it in left liberal politics context, without mentioning any details or that it would be polled

In fact, so far it sounds quite hypocrite, if one thinks about it. They say it's what everybody wants besides a "loud minority", but then why don't they poll every detail of it? If it's something that players need sooooo much, it would get at least 99%, no? Then again, if it was any needed, if the current content was that bad, people wouldn't play it, especially in opposition of RS3.

So, especially judging by how it's communicated and the reaction of the actual loud minority (the ones to fill the game with homosexual content), this is so far going 100% as EOC did at the death of RS2, when it died into the detestable RS3.

Simply, many of the ones defending current content (regardless of sexual affinity) raise some sober points, while the loud minority just twists words, tells excuses and speaks out of context. Tells much.

According to the newspost, at the end of this month (so, any time now?) will we receive more info. Anything can be: that the original newspost was misunderstood and the situation isn't even that bad; or a detailed plan with dates on how existing content will be changed; or it can be meaningless info that doesn't reveal any much; etc.

27-Jun-2022 08:57:21

ELITE STACK
Mar Member 2024

ELITE STACK

Posts: 8,100 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
For those who don't know Jagex released data years ago saying that majority of players playing was 22 years old with a small % of them being 18 or under. As for the inclusive update that deems inappropriate to others who cares they might make npcs look better anyway.

27-Jun-2022 10:14:39

Fear Go Ram

Fear Go Ram

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Regardless of the age breakdown of active OSRS players, just be aware that the game is rated 13+. Parents should be concerned about their children being exposed to non-age-appropriate content. On example would be a literal furry standing outside the Varrock west bank. Perhaps Jagex you should have requested some input from the community before deciding on this event, a poll maybe? And before I get replies such as "Christmas wasn't polled", I am open to other holiday events being polled; it would provide a good baseline result for the Pride event to be compared against.

@ Lord Drakan: It is rather futile arguing with PMods on this forum as you may have noticed. They will just hide your comments, preventing others from seeing your side of the argument. Fortunately there are other platforms such as Google Play Store reviews and Youtube which hopefully have better moderating standards.

27-Jun-2022 15:54:31

Zanon23
Jul Member 2019

Zanon23

Posts: 483 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think it was a great idea to create this Event Jagex. I think times have changed so much over the years that its great to accept and embrace lifes changes. I just wish that the world was a better place, and that we could accept everyone and the choices we make in life.

Every single person born in this world should be accepted for who they are,who they want to be,whichever job or studies they want to do,everything. Every single person is special and unique and i beleive that every one of us are equal. Spread love,spread happiness,spread joy,luck,love and everthing that can improve someone and all peoples lifes.

At a time of war,Pandemics,Inflation instead of bickering or trying to outdo each other,dont you think maybe the world would be a bit better if we got along,complimented people,be pleasent to each other and try and just respect each other and our views and decisions.

Ive suffered heartache in life just as i can imagine alot of Scapers have. Remember sometimes its the people that try to make you laugh or smile or so that are hurting the most.

Thank yous and stay safe.

27-Jun-2022 17:22:10

Fire Hawk154

Fire Hawk154

Posts: 9,022 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Fear Go Ram said :
Regardless of the age breakdown of active OSRS players, just be aware that the game is rated 13+. Parents should be concerned about their children being exposed to non-age-appropriate content. On example would be a literal furry standing outside the Varrock west bank.

Dressing up as wizards, archers and warriors to slaughter anything on your path is completely age appropriate, but God forbid someone wears an animal mask. What's next, complaining about leather armour or the length of skirts?
Clan Europe Staff
|
Clan Cup Winners
|
Maxed Pure F2P

28-Jun-2022 11:34:04

Bored 984
Jan Member 2024

Bored 984

Posts: 487 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Honestly I’m tired of “the minority thinks this” talking point
Nobody knows the minority because the developers refuse to put this to a poll.
I want to know the FACTS of how many people actually do or do not support this.

Are you afraid you might find out there are other people with different beliefs that outnumber yours?

Quit trying to make updates without polls. Look at all the customers you’ve lost just from this because you have chosen to be divisive instead of what you claim to want(inclusivity).

What you are really saying is you don’t give a crap about anyone who has a different opinion than yours.

Truth hurts doesn’t it?
This is HYPOCRITICAL and I don’t and will NOT condone it.

Move forward with a straight forward and HONEST poll or I’m out too.

Do the right thing Jagex.

28-Jun-2022 22:25:42 - Last edited on 28-Jun-2022 22:27:32 by Bored 984

Quick find code: 380-381-818-66255918 Back to Top