Forums

Pride, Pet Changes & Mobile

Quick find code: 380-381-818-66255918

Philasophia

Philasophia

Posts: 501 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Bored 984 said :
Honestly I’m tired of “the minority thinks this” talking point
Nobody knows the minority because the developers refuse to put this to a poll.
I want to know the FACTS of how many people actually do or do not support this.

Are you afraid you might find out there are other people with different beliefs that outnumber yours?

Quit trying to make updates without polls. Look at all the customers you’ve lost just from this because you have chosen to be divisive instead of what you claim to want(inclusivity).

What you are really saying is you don’t give a crap about anyone who has a different opinion than yours.

Truth hurts doesn’t it?
This is HYPOCRITICAL and I don’t and will NOT condone it.

Move forward with a straight forward and HONEST poll or I’m out too.

Do the right thing Jagex.

Sometimes the majority is wrong. Historically, it's been the majority that has seriously oppressed marginalized members of society. Under these circumstances it's entirely appropriate to dismiss the opinions of the majority. Keep in mind, OSRS often attracts people who have an "old school way of thinking" which is often inappropriate in our day and age. Even Jagex acknowledges this and is soon to make further changes to the game. Hopefully the updated game environment fosters a more diverse and inclusive community.

Props to Jagex for doing the right thing. In fact, to stand against what may very well be the opinion of the majority is not only the right thing to do in this case, but a heroic feat for Jagex.
I am a light within the RuneScape forums. Not just any light, but the light of Diogenes searching for a single honest person.

01-Jul-2022 15:47:38 - Last edited on 01-Jul-2022 15:49:10 by Philasophia

ELITE STACK
Mar Member 2024

ELITE STACK

Posts: 8,100 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jewish people don't get enough attention with thousands of years of discrimination starting in Egypt. Especially with the Ukrainian-Russian war going on right now. Antisemitism has drastically went up since the war started with White supremacists blaming Jewish people for the war. Any chance we can get A Jewish pride parade I feel like Jewish people are the most discriminated against people.

01-Jul-2022 18:10:20

Philasophia

Philasophia

For those stating they are quitting RuneScape:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKFN-aqPJH8

Before you go you should first consider giving this a watch.

Cheers.
I am a light within the RuneScape forums. Not just any light, but the light of Diogenes searching for a single honest person.

02-Jul-2022 03:10:06 - Last edited on 02-Jul-2022 03:11:49 by Philasophia

Blitztod
Nov Member 2021

Blitztod

Posts: 263 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Speak with your wallet folks, money talks and bullshit walks, "piece of online gaming heritage" my ass it is, you need to change that statement on the front page after this so called "update".

The issue I have is changing the old content (quests) in the game and forcing in this so called "Pride" event and not even taking a poll to see how the community felt about it for that matter, more politics and drama that are not needed.
To top things off you have the gall to say this in one of your newsposts - "If Pride is not something you can handle in Old School RuneScape, don’t join." poor choice of words to say to your customer base/community, whoever wrote that would be fired if they worked for me, I doubt anyone at Jagex has a spine to own up to it, well see.
This "My way or the Highway attitude" Jagex has adopted will not do your company any favors, bunch of lousy sellouts if you ask me.
I understand you don't need to run a poll/ask permission to make change to "your game" but respect is a two way street and I don't have to pay for membership anymore either or play for that matter, I said my piece and will leave it there.

02-Jul-2022 05:19:06

Philasophia

Philasophia

Blitztod said :
Speak with your wallet folks, money talks and bullshit walks, "piece of online gaming heritage" my ass it is, you need to change that statement on the front page after this so called "update".

The issue I have is changing the old content (quests) in the game and forcing in this so called "Pride" event and not even taking a poll to see how the community felt about it for that matter, more politics and drama that are not needed.
To top things off you have the gall to say this in one of your newsposts - "If Pride is not something you can handle in Old School RuneScape, don’t join." poor choice of words to say to your customer base/community, whoever wrote that would be fired if they worked for me, I doubt anyone at Jagex has a spine to own up to it, well see.
This "My way or the Highway attitude" Jagex has adopted will not do your company any favors, bunch of lousy sellouts if you ask me.
I understand you don't need to run a poll/ask permission to make change to "your game" but respect is a two way street and I don't have to pay for membership anymore either or play for that matter, I said my piece and will leave it there.

"You say.. The price of my love is not a price that you're willing to pay."

The OSRS community is sad to see you go. :( We'll be here when you come back.

2068 Total level? Oh, you'll most definitely be back.

Da-da-da, dat-da, dat, da-da-da, da-ya-da
Da-da, dat, dat, da-ya-da

02-Jul-2022 05:34:17

Blitztod
Nov Member 2021

Blitztod

Posts: 263 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Philasophia said :
Blitztod said :

"You say.. The price of my love is not a price that you're willing to pay."

The OSRS community is sad to see you go. :( We'll be here when you come back.

2068 Total level? Oh, you'll most definitely be back.

Da-da, dat, dat, da-ya-da

I would hope you would have had the wisdom to make a good argument or conversation seeing that you are a lover of wisdom judging by that name and believe yourself to be a "light" within the Runescape forums haha.

Its always a good idea to take breaks, 1880 Total Level? Oh, Looks like you will have plenty of time to catch up and shine lol.

02-Jul-2022 07:03:22 - Last edited on 02-Jul-2022 07:49:50 by Blitztod

Quick find code: 380-381-818-66255918 Back to Top