Pride, Pet Changes & Mobile

Quick find code: 380-381-818-66255918

Philasophia

Philasophia

Posts: 501 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Blitztod said :
Philasophia said :
Blitztod said :
Speak with your wallet folks, money talks and bullshit walks, "piece of online gaming heritage" my ass it is, you need to change that statement on the front page after this so called "update".

This "My way or the Highway attitude" Jagex has adopted will not do your company any favors, bunch of lousy sellouts if you ask me.
I understand you don't need to run a poll/ask permission to make change to "your game" but respect is a two way street and I don't have to pay for membership anymore either or play for that matter, I said my piece and will leave it there.

"You say.. The price of my love is not a price that you're willing to pay."

The OSRS community is sad to see you go. :( We'll be here when you come back.

2068 Total level? Oh, you'll most definitely be back.

Da-da-da, dat-da, dat, da-da-da, da-ya-da
Da-da, dat, dat, da-ya-da
Da-da-da, dat-da, dat, da-da-da, da-ya-da

I would hope you would have had the wisdom to make a good argument or conversation seeing that you are a lover of wisdom judging by that name and believe yourself to be a "light" within the Runescape forums haha.

Its always a good idea to take breaks, 1880 Total Level? Oh, Looks like you will have plenty of time to catch up and shine lol.

Ironman btw :3 It's common knowledge that regular player's total level is halved when comparing them to actual players - ironmen.

Also, I referenced your total level as it indicates an apparent commitment to the game. From that I reasoned that although you're a regular player, you're not an average regular player, therefore, you're likely just upset for the moment but will eventually return.
I am a light within the RuneScape forums. Not just any light, but the light of Diogenes searching for a single honest person.

02-Jul-2022 17:30:55

Blitztod
Nov Member 2021

Blitztod

Posts: 263 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Philasophoa
- "Ironman btw :3 It's common knowledge that regular player's total level is halved when comparing them to actual players - ironmen.

Also, I referenced your total level as it indicates an apparent commitment to the game. From that I reasoned that although you're a regular player, you're not an average regular player, therefore, you're likely just upset for the moment but will eventually return."

Congratulations on wasting more time on this game than me? Give yourself a pat on the back bud, please continue on about your trivial achievements lol - Real man btw

Commitment would not be the correct word to use or assume, your reasoning is off a bit, I have enjoyed the game over many years as something Leisurely on the side but I have never at any point made a "Commitment" to it.
I have far more important priorities in my life and real achievements to accomplish than to show off personal achievements on a video game and use them for a shallow argument at that, I understand why your upset though, you really should take a break from the game yourself, maybe take part in a real Ironman event lol.

With that out of the way, if you have an actual argument or anything constructive to add to the thread and not derail it than that would be great instead of quoting some garbage music and bringing up total levels.

02-Jul-2022 19:29:43

Philasophia

Philasophia

@Blitztod

Okay, I'll play. :)

Basically your rant is that Pride rubs against your feelings. The justification for its removal is you've made it out to be something that is inseparable from politics. Sexuality isn't necessarily political but it can be made so. If there was only an option to play as a white character in-game, and there were riots irl about black people deserving equal rights, and Jagex, in support of black people, decided to make it so that you could play as a black character, you could protest the update claiming it to be political. Black people's existence isn't reducible to politics. LGBT+ people aren't reducible to politics. They have an existence outside of politics and deserve to be included.

Also, popular consensus doesn't equate to truth or the good. Tell me, if there wasn't an option to play as a black character, and the majority of RuneScapers were against creating the option to play as a black character, would you admire Jagex for siding with the majority? Or would you say, "Jagex creating the option to play as a black character is the right thing to do even if the majority oppose it."

You might think "This isn't relevant because you CAN play as a black character." But I am examining your reasoning with a hypothetical. Don't try to escape. ;) Also, this will be even more relevant soon as more changes fostering inclusivity and diversity are right around the corner. Many people's existence/identity is currently not representable within game or they're forced to identify with a gender that doesn't accurately represent them.

I suspect at some point you'll want reasoning as to why Jagex shouldn't be racist or exclusive. Why inclusive as opposed to racist/sexist/homophobic? I'm eager to supply this once we've further examined your reasoning.
I am a light within the RuneScape forums. Not just any light, but the light of Diogenes searching for a single honest person.

02-Jul-2022 19:57:46 - Last edited on 02-Jul-2022 20:02:11 by Philasophia

Philasophia

Philasophia

Another predictable rebuttal I'll dash ahead of time. "Sex shouldn't be in a kids game."

Most people who play OSRS are adults. There actually isn't intercourse involved with the event. And the LGBT+ community isn't only about intercourse. Sexuality has to do with identity and gender expression as well. Sort of like how you can assume if two people are married they will likely have intercourse but you wouldn't say marriage is all about intercourse. Same w/ the LGBT community.

Oh, and marriage is within the game.

02-Jul-2022 20:13:48 - Last edited on 02-Jul-2022 20:15:11 by Philasophia

Philasophia

Philasophia

Draco Burnz said :
f a k e news said :
Can we get a special needs people pride event too?

+1

This group isnt being very represented so i dont see how this is inclusive at all.

Cant have one event without having one for all.

+2, Jagex did host a mental health awareness week charity event. In some cases, people with mental health issues do have special needs. I'm glad to know Jagex is beginning to addressing this. I wouldn't be opposed to an event, but what people with special needs really need are resources so that their needs are effectively met. The charity addresses this.

03-Jul-2022 16:26:19 - Last edited on 03-Jul-2022 16:39:23 by Philasophia

Philasophia

Philasophia

f a k e news said :
f a k e news said :
Can we get a special needs people pride event too?

Also to add can we get a pride event for cinco de mayo to celebrate Mexican culture?

If it wasn't too impractical it would be great to see many cultures represented. I would definitely support this. To play devil's advocate, (Or more precisely to state the argument you're trying to state implicitly at the moment), it may be difficult to represent every culture in the world equally since there are so many.

Pride and mental health are separate issues. LGBT+ people and those who struggle with mental health or special needs exist in every culture. Therefore, not only do they make up a huge % of people, and not only are they under represented/oppressed, but it's actually not impractical to represent them in-game.

03-Jul-2022 16:35:26 - Last edited on 03-Jul-2022 16:36:23 by Philasophia

Liliest

Liliest

Posts: 192 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Long live the RuneScape Pride event. Built by the people's mighty hand. Long live the people, united and free. Strong in our friendship tried by fire. Long may the Pride flag's colors inspire. Shining in glory for everyone to see.

We fought for the future, destroyed the invader, and brought to our RuneScape the Laurels of fame. Our glory will live in the memory of gamers and all generations will honor her name.

Long live the RuneScape Pride event. Built by the people's mighty hand. Long live the people, united and free. Strong in our friendship tried by fire. Long may the Pride flag's colors inspire. Shining in glory for everyone to see.

Thank you Jagex for moving us closer to inclusion for all.
A truth that's told with ill intent beats all the lies you can invent.

03-Jul-2022 19:23:28

Brandon928

Brandon928

Posts: 97 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
We need an amputee pride event.

Jagex is being extremely bigoted and ableist by excluding amputees.

Also we need a pride event mixed race couples, I'm really curious why Jagex hasn't held such an event yet. Is Jagex run by racists?

Also we need a pride event to recognize people who also identify as birds. Bird-People need representation and Jagex has tried to marginalize Bird-People for far too long. They are Bird People Phobic.

09-Jul-2022 01:20:31 - Last edited on 09-Jul-2022 01:21:39 by Brandon928

Quick find code: 380-381-818-66255918 Back to Top