Forums

Pride, Pet Changes & Mobile

Quick find code: 380-381-818-66255918

Castchaos
Jun Member 2017

Castchaos

Posts: 563 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I always thought that if I ever cancel my membership, it will be because OSRS eventually turns into the "anti-climatic story, free xp" waste of time that RS3 became. I played RS2 from 2005 to 2007 and from 2009 to 2012, not even dreaming that I ever could play a game like what RS before 2008 was.
Then I learned about OSRS in 2017 and am playing since, wondering with each update and news if that's where it starts to go down...

Now, if this only means that there will be more homosexual characters, without actual sexual act depiction and without trying to rub in the lbgtq supremacy that real world politics tries to, then that's completely fine and I don't even see it as a bigger change than adding a new town or deepening the background story of an existing NPC.
(Though it's not that interesting if it gets too sandbox, some set rules among all the free choices are constituting to the old school feeling.)

However, if this means that soon half of the characters will be homosexual and they keep mentioning it in all conversations, adding how special and noteworthy it is, with all area/quest having one NPC who questions their supremacy and so is called homophobe for that; and in some quests the bad guy is considered evil only because being straight and the good one is celebrated only for being homosexual; and our character is forced active homosexual relationship in a quest (Throne of Miscellania doesn't actually have _anything_ between the player and the prince/princess, even in RS2 it was just a quick optional kiss), then it's an instant membership cancellation for me, with a loss of trust for the future, so then I wouldn't come back if there ever was a "politically neautral old-oldschool RS taken from an early 2022 backup."

However, judging from that the newspost doesn't want even to hint about what the changes will be and from how it's handled in other media, the latter of the two possibilities is more probable.

23-Jun-2022 21:54:53

GeoffSpider

GeoffSpider

Posts: 13 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The only part that worries me is the "Further Diversity and Inclusion Changes"
If anything it sounds like blunt censorship. But using the LGBT community or anything else. As a shield to deflect anyone daring to disagree that it even needed?. and it just confuses me on why you would want to change it now. If it hasn't caused any problems for +20 years? What makes this year so special? Let alone the month?

23-Jun-2022 21:59:19

Montinevvra
Mar Member 2024

Montinevvra

Posts: 791 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
GeoffSpider said :
If it hasn't caused any problems for +20 years?

Tbf, it's hard to see a problem when it doesn't affect you. The fact is, people who play Runescape are a lot more diverse than what's represented in the game. Better representation validates queer people and makes not-queer people less shitty. (Recommended googling: "Why is representation important?&quot ;)

GeoffSpider said :
What makes this year so special?

Got to start somewhere. Do you have a better year?

GeoffSpider said :
Let alone the month?

The Stonewall Riots took place in June. (Recommended googling: "Stonewall Riots&quot ;)

23-Jun-2022 22:39:02

The contents of this message have been hidden

24-Jun-2022 00:54:45

Applejuiceaj
Nov
fmod Member

Applejuiceaj

Forum Moderator Posts: 45,000 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Zemu - That comment is way out of line with what is permitted on the RuneScape forums.

Please remember to treat all with respect, even if you disagree with their viewpoints, when you return to the forums.

24-Jun-2022 03:07:19

Lacrimarum
Jan Member 2024

Lacrimarum

Posts: 130 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Montinevvra said :
GeoffSpider said :
If it hasn't caused any problems for +20 years?

Tbf, it's hard to see a problem when it doesn't affect you. The fact is, people who play Runescape are a lot more diverse than what's represented in the game. Better representation validates queer people and makes not-queer people less shitty. (Recommended googling: "Why is representation important?&quot ;)

I'm gay, been playing for 20+ years. Representation doesn't matter. Anyone that needs their sex life affirmed by a video game needs to go outside more. Maybe then they'll get enough of a sex life that they'll stop trying to center their sexuality while everyone else is just trying to play a game.

24-Jun-2022 09:06:16

Fear Go Ram

Fear Go Ram

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
lvl3beaver said :
will we be banned if we respectfully protest the pride march?

Yes you will. They will give a generic response "disrupting Pride month event" without actually providing details such as chat logs.

It's so funny that for a version of Runescape that is supposedly poll-driven, it is becoming more like Mod Ayiza's private wishlist.

24-Jun-2022 15:08:04 - Last edited on 24-Jun-2022 15:09:24 by Fear Go Ram

The contents of this message have been hidden

24-Jun-2022 20:17:58

Montinevvra
Mar Member 2024

Montinevvra

Posts: 791 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lacrimarum said :
Anyone that needs their sex life affirmed by a video game needs to go outside more.

I think you're quite far behind on this conversation because that is not what representation is about. People smarter and queerer than me have explained why representation matters and I would suggest you read what they have to say.

24-Jun-2022 21:31:04

Tren
May
fmod Member

Tren

Forum Moderator Posts: 92,683 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@ Lord Drakan - Your post above has been removed as inappropriate.

Taking a real-life disease or disability and applying as an insult towards others is both disrespectful and insensitive.

As well, your post is complaining about players insulting others, yet your post is also filled with insults towards others.

Code of Conduct :
"Be respectful of your fellow forumers.
No need to flame any players, no matter your history."
~Tren

Forum issues? ---> See Forum Help
Account issues? ---> See Account Help

25-Jun-2022 05:42:58 - Last edited on 25-Jun-2022 05:47:10 by Tren

Quick find code: 380-381-818-66255918 Back to Top