Forums

Chambers of Xeric Revisited

Quick find code: 380-381-536-66078130

BlackSwan
Jan Member 2017

BlackSwan

Posts: 186 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The scrolls are a bad idea I think. I like the other ideas.

The scrolls will never be obtainable in a reasonable quantity for ironmen to come close to getting a use out of them, unless the numbers are just outrageous.

Tradeable at that just means that half the scrolls will be super expensive, and the rest will be trash.

Not to mention the bank space implications. Don't like it at all as described.

If you want to leave scouting in, it suddenly makes sense, because then you give players the option to spend time OR money, which is a much more reasonable proposition.

Just because you give players a "better" way to do something, doesn't mean you should remove the old way for "worse" reasons. ( " " == opinions)

Honestly I didn't think I would get to this statement directly above, but when it hit me it just made sense, time or money, a classic compromise.

24-Jan-2019 14:00:18 - Last edited on 24-Jan-2019 14:02:20 by BlackSwan

frixzion
Feb Member 2020

frixzion

Posts: 820 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't think the scrolls are a good option, it doesn't seem like it fixes the issue, just lets you skip past it. I personally wouldn't mind if raids scouting was removed, but i think the balance around which rooms you get and certain point scaling in those rooms (which is actually being addressed to some extent with this blog) needs to be improved. The main issue I've had is that without scouting, there is a high chance of ending up with a raid that has 3+ demi-bosses which is more work than I want to do in a raid because when mistakes or just damage across 3 boss rooms start adding up it means you have to backtrack and waste a significant amount of time making resources to continue forward. I think limiting raids to a maximum of 2 demi-boss rooms would significantly impact the need to scout for alternative raids. I know another main reason people abuse scouting is for finding c-rope for speed rooms, but the puzzle rooms aren't as bad as people complain about. Thieving will probably always have people complaining unless you can find a way to make the room less boring or faster ( which is unlikely to happen ) and ice demon goes easy enough with everyone getting an inventory.

24-Jan-2019 17:57:07

WayTooPosted

WayTooPosted

Posts: 91 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Zelda_Krazy said :
I don't need the passive aggressive "you can't read" comments. This isn't the first time that they have made a blog post or poll question that was unclear, conveluded, or just plain incorrect.

The exact sentence is "Next time you're a party leader, with the Chambers generating a route for you, the affected room will be skipped on the next time the Chambers considered giving it to you. This consumes the power of the scroll. "

I don't read anything about a "chance to skip" within the blog details. The poll question itself does say "reduce their chances of encountering a specific room..." but that seems in reference to the introduce of the scrolls themselves, which overall does reduce your chances of encountering certain rooms. The language still clearly states that it WILL be skipped if you have that scroll.

The other part that is not fully clear is "the Chambers will only let you dodge 2 combat challenge rooms and 1 skilling room per raid." They don't mention if this is purely a dodge, or if it will be replaced with something else.

You bolded the wrong part of the sentence mate, that is why you are confused. The next time the Chambers considered giving it to you. Therefore if you enter a raid and the room was given to you, having the scroll will skip that room, unless you have already skipped 2 challenge rooms/1 skilling rooms. If you have already skipped the max number of rooms, you will be given the room you don't want even though you have the scroll activated.

24-Jan-2019 18:05:21

Ner

Ner

Posts: 6 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Removing the ability to scout raids imo would be a huge mistake. I took a year break and come back to everyone I used to raid with no longer being online, now for me the only way to raid is finding free for alls in world 365. Finding a decent enough team that can even kill shamans is hard enough never mind trying to find a team that can kill vesp, vasa or vangs efficiently and it's just going to result in many, many raids people being kicked and abandoned because we can't finish it. Please DO NOT remove scouting.

24-Jan-2019 18:11:46

WayTooPosted

WayTooPosted

Posts: 91 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ner said :
Removing the ability to scout raids imo would be a huge mistake. I took a year break and come back to everyone I used to raid with no longer being online, now for me the only way to raid is finding free for alls in world 365. Finding a decent enough team that can even kill shamans is hard enough never mind trying to find a team that can kill vesp, vasa or vangs efficiently and it's just going to result in many, many raids people being kicked and abandoned because we can't finish it. Please DO NOT remove scouting.

Join We Do Raids discord.

People are always scouting and looking for others to raid with. Sounds like it would be perfect for you.

24-Jan-2019 18:23:37

Str8cashjigg

Str8cashjigg

Posts: 742 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
RandiRand said :
I honestly think that removing the ability to scout entirely will be a huge mistake. some people just dont want to do certain bosses whatsoever so if they run into something like tekton/vespula and refuse to do them it will just end with wasted supplies and an abandoned raid.

I don't wanna git gud and L2raid on my ironman. Can I just be given 100k free TBows?
The ditch is gonna get endless repolls while sand buckets can pass the first poll and never be implemented. After the ditch passes the 7th poll attempt, it'll be implemented an hour before the poll closes because it's actually important. Deal with it.

24-Jan-2019 19:14:07

Str8cashjigg

Str8cashjigg

Posts: 742 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ner said :

Join WDR. Also, if you're only getting bad teams then it's because you're bad yourself and no good team will accept you. If you're afraid of getting kicked, then git gud. If you're too incompetent, then you deserve be booted from those raids. This is supposed to be end-game content, not something that any scrub who couldn't even get a fire cape before Runelite had that overlay would be able to do.
The ditch is gonna get endless repolls while sand buckets can pass the first poll and never be implemented. After the ditch passes the 7th poll attempt, it'll be implemented an hour before the poll closes because it's actually important. Deal with it.

24-Jan-2019 19:18:51

Quick find code: 380-381-536-66078130 Back to Top