Forums

Chambers of Xeric Revisited

Quick find code: 380-381-536-66078130

Xark

Xark

Posts: 403 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
2q2 said :
Without scouting raids is dead to me. I do solo's and duo's, and some rooms just aren't made for that. You need lots of hammer specs for tekton, thus a large team. Also vespula is really bad in my opinion for solo's/duo's. Also without scouting, you need to bring with you so many items. Antidote, pickaxe, hasta, salve ammy etc. This takes away valuable inventory spaces. People use sanfer serum which is 20k to safe 1 inventory space...

Also would like to tell you that i am playing ironman at this moment, and my goal is to do solo raids. Sometimes i login to my main to do solos/duos. It's the content i play for. So basically if you get rid of scouting im quitting this game.

The vast majority likes raids as it is. The only thing we dont like is the bad balancing of thieving and ice demon. Fix just that and we're happy. And make scouting an official client thing, so there's no 3rd party client advantage (which 99% uses anyway) and we can raid on mobile. Tweeted mod Ash about this a long time ago and he said it wouldn't be a lot of work to do.

Cox isn't supposed to be easy. Why would you quit OSRS if 3rd party client scouting becomes prohibited?

27-Jan-2019 06:25:03

2q2

2q2

Posts: 767 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Xark said :
2q2 said :
Without scouting raids is dead to me. I do solo's and duo's, and some rooms just aren't made for that. You need lots of hammer specs for tekton, thus a large team. Also vespula is really bad in my opinion for solo's/duo's. Also without scouting, you need to bring with you so many items. Antidote, pickaxe, hasta, salve ammy etc. This takes away valuable inventory spaces. People use sanfer serum which is 20k to safe 1 inventory space...

Also would like to tell you that i am playing ironman at this moment, and my goal is to do solo raids. Sometimes i login to my main to do solos/duos. It's the content i play for. So basically if you get rid of scouting im quitting this game.

The vast majority likes raids as it is. The only thing we dont like is the bad balancing of thieving and ice demon. Fix just that and we're happy. And make scouting an official client thing, so there's no 3rd party client advantage (which 99% uses anyway) and we can raid on mobile. Tweeted mod Ash about this a long time ago and he said it wouldn't be a lot of work to do.

Cox isn't supposed to be easy. Why would you quit OSRS if 3rd party client scouting becomes prohibited?

Cox easy? How is it easy right now? If you want it more difficult play hard mode.

Why quit? As I said it's the best content in game and it's been my goal for my ironman since I started the account. It won't be possible anymore without scouting. Maybe via prepping a lot at the start of a raid, but there's no fun in that, makes the raids 2 times longer, not more difficult but just very long and annoying. I won't be doing raids anymore and just simply stop playing
Ohai there!

27-Jan-2019 18:53:07 - Last edited on 27-Jan-2019 18:55:09 by 2q2

Suffer

Suffer

Posts: 19 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
crisVao said :
The idea of the scrolls isn't good at all because skipping certain rooms shouldn't be a priority. Making every room balanced so there is no better room than other would be the best choice.

Agreed. If you're going to remove scouting at least balance all the rooms so that it is worth doing every room. I hate scouting and agree it needs to be removed. If every room was worth doing then scouting wouldn't even be a big deal. Adding scrolls is not the answer!

Pretty excited about most of the QoL that I saw posted in that Chambers of Xeric Revisited post.

Please fix scuffed olms though.

28-Jan-2019 04:46:49

Aldo Apache8

Aldo Apache8

Posts: 68 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Things I like:
1-getting rid of small scavs.
2-fixing the seed raking
3- clues are additional spot
4- thieving and ice demon changes
5- vespula start, don't really care but it will make it easier for people that haven't done it
6- Tekton, the weird thing where it doesn't even walk to you and turns around
7- scrolls yes, tradable...? i don't know, I guess I like it for me so that I wont' ever have to do thieving

Things I don't like/unnecessary:
1-pool cures poison
2-Tekton defense
3-Olm fire can be doused with lunar

Suggestions:
1- The infrequency of juice drops is really really bad, often even on big scavs. I legit spend 5 minutes getting juice sometimes and there are like 30 piles on the floor.

28-Jan-2019 07:01:35

Only RNG
Feb Member 2024

Only RNG

Posts: 160 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Is there any possibility of ever polling the removal of the general team combat restriction? it's currently level 115, or else you sustain a large decrease in points per raid, say for teams of pures and such. I feel it's pretty hard for 1 defence pures or even med builds who want end game pvm content to find teams due to this combat level barrier. Thanks =D

28-Jan-2019 07:28:12

Arthropods
Mar Member 2024

Arthropods

Posts: 375 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Regarding the avoiding of rooms and scouting, why not simply split the Chambes of Xeric into two static dungeons? Along with splitting the rewards accordingly. The dungeon with Tekton would drop the Elder Maul, the dungeon with Vasa would drop the Kodai Insignia, etc. Both dungeons could lead up to Olm being the final boss.

The whole randomization thing only existed because people were like "Yeah! Dungeoneering!" but it turns out it does not work. People don't like it. It's not fun or interesting. Get rid of it.

Xeric's Ward scrolls are an extremely terrible idea. It does not fix the problem. People will vote yes to it though because it makes the game easier for them. It is not a good idea nor the best fix.

Edit* Or possibly have Chambers of Xeric Upper floors which would be more geared to mid-level players and then Chambers of Xeric Lower floors which would contain the harder bosses. Loot also redistributed between the two as appropriately.

But please for the love of god just scrap the randomization.

28-Jan-2019 18:34:21 - Last edited on 29-Jan-2019 01:53:30 by Arthropods

Jubsie
Dec Member 2016

Jubsie

Posts: 5,861 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I posted this on a reddit thread but it wasn't actually an official channel for feedback. I'll have to split it over a couple of posts.

P1

TLDR: The ideal would be a combination of being able to see what rooms you have + using warding scrolls to block a couple of unwanted rooms + faster Ice Demon and Theiving rooms + improvement on a couple of other rooms.

Here's my view from someone who purely solos.

I've only ever done solo raids and I'm a 75/99/75 account so my opinion might be a bit different on a couple of things. I'm far from a master raider, about 120kc but I feel I'm experienced enough to give some input.

COMBAT ROOMS

Vespula - ALWAYS SKIP. I haven't bothered learning the room, once I get a Tbow i was going to learn the redemption method and assume the room would be fine. I do know people complain the room is just annoying. Having her not start doing her thing until entering her room would be nice though.

Tekton - ALWAYS SKIP. I can do the step back and forward method with a maul but 75 attack makes it slow. I don't think there's any issue with the room itself, just my accounts limitations make it undesirable. I could do the room if I have to.

Vanguard - MOSTLY SKIP. I will do this room if the rest of the raid is near perfect. The room itself is fine, it's just really slow and annoying. Part of the issue is with the current HP threshold, you have to avoid max damage output a lot of the time to avoid resetting the room which slows it down significantly. If the threshold was higher (50%?) it would make the room alot faster as there would be more leeway for high hits

Muta - ALWAYS DO. The room can be annoying if you get unlucky with taking damage but I think it's fine as it is.

Vasa - ALWAYS DO. Can be annoying if you get it before Overloads due to the special attack but it's fine otherwise.

Guardians - ALWAYS DO. Easy and fast

Mystics - ALWAYS DO. Easy and fast

Shamans - ALWAYS DO. Easy and fast

28-Jan-2019 20:06:58

Quick find code: 380-381-536-66078130 Back to Top