Forums

Chambers of Xeric Revisited

Quick find code: 380-381-536-66078130

Ocra

Ocra

Posts: 17 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Scouting is clearly inefficient; and it forces people to rely on 3rd party clients. But Scrolls is not a substantial alternative IMO. We know from a Q & A that almost no J Mods even raid. So why are you giving sub-par recommendations for something you don't even do?
Just raid.. Like have all J mods raid for like 2 weeks—the same way everyone else does, and it will immediately become clear what to do.

This lack of J mods who raid is a huge disconnect.
Obviously certain rooms will always be fairly annoying; but it's better to just find out what it is that makes those rooms so annoying and to tweak them slightly, than it is to remove them.
Because if you remove the most annoying rooms, like Vespula. It just gets replaced by the next most annoying room, which takes it's place. And eventually you're just child-proofing the difficulty of the rooms.
[People will always go to the path of least resistance.]

Maybe post all the possible raids combinations for all of us to see (we know them anyways), and have people vote out their top 20-75 least favorite rotations or something? And then remove them from the game. Not much, just some. No loss there. Because we just know from experience that there's no way in hell people would ever do those rotations if they get even a whiff of their existence. Some rotations it's better to give up raiding than it is to do them.

Here's an impromptu idea:
Each player in a raid has a 5 possible rolls using an item or object, like 'Xeric's dice'. Up to 15 rolls max per raid, even for large raids. Everyone gets to compare and choose who has the best rotation. And possibly make a democratic vote to decide on which reasonably annoying room from those options should get removed if it has more than 3 combat rooms or something.

I'm super tired. But I know I can rapid fire 5+ ideas tomorrow when I'm more awake.

24-Jan-2019 09:48:45 - Last edited on 24-Jan-2019 09:58:02 by Ocra

Ocra

Ocra

P.S. Please make it so kindling never has to be dropped on the ground, ever.
Let Ice Demon Braziers be storage chests which automatically fill when they reach the amount needed to start Ice Demon. And you can right click and select 'check' to see exactly how many are still needed. No guess-work.

e.g. Right click check option > "You get a feeling that 25 kindling should be placed her" > Add 20 > Right click check option> "You feel you need 5 kindling left".
Each brazier works independently, but the code checks the other braziers to make sure the number remains balanced. So if you need 25 in 3 braziers, and put 25 in one, the other two still say "25 needed." Because there are 3 people and 75 total is needed, or whatever.

Also make it so the person who Scavs get some kind of perk that's dropped from Scavs that gives them run energy, or a storage itemthat lets them store planks or something.
Example: First scav kill always drops "Plank sack." stores up to 6 planks in it in 1 inventory spot.
Within 10 scav kills is a potion which basically only gets dropped once in any raid but gives them unlimited run energy for like 1 minute. Enough to get back to the group.

24-Jan-2019 09:50:51 - Last edited on 24-Jan-2019 10:02:01 by Ocra

Ocra

Ocra

Also... Why is it so damn easy to kick someone in your CC who's in a raid? This happens by accident regularly in larger clans and it's traumatic to the person getting kicked.

1. Ranked member goes to kick someone in the CC.
2. Game checks to see if they're in a raid, and says "Yes, this person is in a raid."
3. Game warns ranked member:
"This person is in the chambers of Xeric, kicking them from the Clan Chat will kick them from the raid. Are you sure you wish to kick them?

Options:
"YES"
"NO"
"Mute [playerusername] for 30 minutes"

Same goes for kicking someone from the CC when they're in your lobby. "If you kick this person they will be temporarily banned from the CC for 60 minutes. Are you sure you wish to do this?"

24-Jan-2019 09:55:42 - Last edited on 24-Jan-2019 09:56:35 by Ocra

Hakkie
Jun Member 2023

Hakkie

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I like the idea to have total random raids, But I really dislike Vanguards. the problem I am having is that your minion start attacking different teammates in the room, even tho you attacked him first. That pisses me off so much I can't stand it. I hope you will change that if you guys are able to do something about that. :)

24-Jan-2019 12:55:17

Z O V K O

Z O V K O

Posts: 16 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I would love to just see all the rooms reworked so that they are all so in balance that scouting will only really be worthit when trying to make a speedrun or set a new record. It might take a little while making small tweaks and working with some really good pvmers to ensure all the rooms are as even as possible but I really feel like it'll just be so great to do random and diverse raids while still feeling like you're doing it efficiently, and the changes so far seem like a great start :)

24-Jan-2019 13:23:21

Miqdad
Jan Member 2024

Miqdad

Posts: 173 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Scouting raids is a horrible system but it provides those who spend more time better and faster raids. The wards system doesnt even talk about how most high level raiders will only scout 3 combat raids with tightrope and crabs. We dont much care about the other monsters in the room. If you can let is skip both thieving and Ice demon always then i wouldnt have a problem as that would reduce raid speeds just slightly, otherwise it seems like you are just nerfing raids.

24-Jan-2019 13:54:15

BlackSwan
Jan Member 2017

BlackSwan

Posts: 186 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ocra said :
P.S. Please make it so kindling never has to be dropped on the ground, ever.
Let Ice Demon Braziers be storage chests which automatically fill when they reach the amount needed to start Ice Demon. And you can right click and select 'check' to see exactly how many are still needed. No guess-work.

e.g. Right click check option > "You get a feeling that 25 kindling should be placed her" > Add 20 > Right click check option> "You feel you need 5 kindling left".
Each brazier works independently, but the code checks the other braziers to make sure the number remains balanced. So if you need 25 in 3 braziers, and put 25 in one, the other two still say "25 needed." Because there are 3 people and 75 total is needed, or whatever.

Also make it so the person who Scavs get some kind of perk that's dropped from Scavs that gives them run energy, or a storage itemthat lets them store planks or something.
Example: First scav kill always drops "Plank sack." stores up to 6 planks in it in 1 inventory spot.
Within 10 scav kills is a potion which basically only gets dropped once in any raid but gives them unlimited run energy for like 1 minute. Enough to get back to the group.

I like all these ideas, but can live without the 2nd one (telling how many are needed). The "storeage" until lit option is absolutely brilliant, and the potion for energy to get back to group is a good idea also, though you should be able to get at least 2+ scaled up, and the potion could break when you go to the bottom floor.

24-Jan-2019 13:55:46 - Last edited on 24-Jan-2019 14:01:31 by BlackSwan

Quick find code: 380-381-536-66078130 Back to Top