Forums

Say my name...

Quick find code: 341-342-502-65859126

Solanumtinkr

Solanumtinkr

Posts: 22,240 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ancient Drew said :
Solanumtinkr said :
I think Zaros may try to nudge the Mahjarrat into supporting his goals. It just seesm to me that Zaros wants an Empty Throne with the Throne Empire controlled from the shadows. He may say he just wants people to reach their full potential and that the Empire was an error, but if he wants to become fate then he is just trying to make a new Empire that encompasses everything and everyone in a way where he can still pull the strings and stay safe.

He says that stuff in his memoriam device as well. Sorry but it makes little sense to write lies in a diary.

What goes into a memorium device is what they are thinking. People can deceive themselves when it comes to motives. He thinks he is not pursuing an Empire anymore, but all he has done is changed tack.

Saying you are going to help someone can be open to interpretation. I go to help a horse....I shot it because it was lamed. From my point of view I still helped.....
The purpose of adventure is to shine light into dark places,
Poke monsters with a sharp stick, Then steal anything that isn't nailed down!
To the Manor Born QFC 185-186-367-65788716

11-Dec-2016 09:52:01

Zack3

Zack3

Posts: 1,644 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Solanumtinkr said :
Ancient Drew said :
Solanumtinkr said :
I think Zaros may try to nudge the Mahjarrat into supporting his goals. It just seesm to me that Zaros wants an Empty Throne with the Throne Empire controlled from the shadows. He may say he just wants people to reach their full potential and that the Empire was an error, but if he wants to become fate then he is just trying to make a new Empire that encompasses everything and everyone in a way where he can still pull the strings and stay safe.

He says that stuff in his memoriam device as well. Sorry but it makes little sense to write lies in a diary.

What goes into a memorium device is what they are thinking. People can deceive themselves when it comes to motives. He thinks he is not pursuing an Empire anymore, but all he has done is changed tack.

Saying you are going to help someone can be open to interpretation. I go to help a horse....I shot it because it was lamed. From my point of view I still helped.....

It could also be that the memorian crystals had false data and zaros left it for us to find them, the way its set up it screams to be read.

11-Dec-2016 21:20:03

Voraiya
Mar Member 2021

Voraiya

Posts: 448 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Some of you guys are so..idk how to explain...naive during fate of god quest.

Shit, no way. I'm not letting that asshole inside me. He can say all that shit saying..unlimited magic. Fuck that shit, I can do this on my own and I did. After that I sabotage his ass.

12-Dec-2016 00:19:05

The Mather1
May Member 2008

The Mather1

Posts: 1,172 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Zaros behaved exactly how I expected him to, for better or worse. He was manipulative throughout, but remained benevolent. Only thing that changed was that I trust him to be the way I expect slightly more, simply because it is more evidence of it.

Zamorak earned quite a bit of respect from me with his distinct lack of self-interest though. I am still far from being a supporter of his, but if another option like in DaT appears I would now side with him rather than remaining neutral.
"Abscondita est in Astra."

12-Dec-2016 01:52:01

YtHaar-Zuk
Nov Member 2011

YtHaar-Zuk

Posts: 641 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I follow my lord whether he uses me for his own gains or not, i understand the situations going on. I'm willing to follow him into the void! :-)
| Leader of the Zarosian Army
|
LoreHound
|
Going for Master Quest Cape!!
|

12-Dec-2016 02:03:19

Lego Miester
Nov Member 2023

Lego Miester

Posts: 35,339 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Solanumtinkr said :
Zaros is in it for Zaros. If his lips are moving then he is probably lying if they don't then he's hiding something from you.

I'd say he describes it best himself. "I simply told you what you needed to hear."

Hazeel said :
At this point, part of me thinks he wants to die, that he wants to be a martyr, a hero, someone who inspires others, rather than taking the mantle of "the strongest" for himself.
but I can't complain about having a God who shows a willingness to die for me, rather than expecting me to die for him like so many other Gods.

Leave that sort of mentality for someone like Bandos.
Headcanon Haven, where everything is made up and the points don't matter.
OSRS Lore: Xeric
Slepe Tight - Slepe Lore

12-Dec-2016 02:05:23 - Last edited on 12-Dec-2016 02:08:11 by Lego Miester

SwedishPagns

SwedishPagns

Posts: 8,899 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
YtHaar-Zuk said :
I follow my lord whether he uses me for his own gains or not, i understand the situations going on. I'm willing to follow him into the void! :-)

Hey Aegon. ^_^

How you doing these days? :P
·
{
}
`·.„¸¸,.¤*°‘°•¸
I wish I was in Dixie land
¸•°‘°*¤.,¸¸„.·´
{
}
·

12-Dec-2016 03:16:27 - Last edited on 12-Dec-2016 03:17:21 by SwedishPagns

SwedishPagns

SwedishPagns

Solanumtinkr said :
Zaros is in it for Zaros. If his lips are moving then he is probably lying if they don't then he's hiding something from you.

I'm still technically Zarosian (haven't officially changed my faction in-game) but I just thought of this:

How do you know if Zaros is lying? He's moving his lips.
·
{
}
`·.„¸¸,.¤*°‘°•¸
¸•°‘°*¤.,¸¸„.·´
{
}
·

12-Dec-2016 03:24:41 - Last edited on 12-Dec-2016 03:25:02 by SwedishPagns

SwedishPagns

SwedishPagns

Farming Egg said :
Zamorak has earned my respect, but it is still one of the gods I dislike the most. Yes, he was willing to give his power to all the Mahjarrat, and it is quite clear that everything he did in the end was to help them grow and improve themselves.

However, that doesn't take away from everything else he has done. The wilderness was created by him using the SoJ in what I see as a suicide attempt when he lost. This not only killed the few remaining troops he had left alive, but wiped out part of a continent and killed basically everything else living in the area.

He has also shown an inability to properly get his followers to follow his philosophy. Many of his followers see him as an evil god and act likewise. While this isn't entirely his fault with Saradomin's followers spreading many lies about what he actually stands for, he hasn't done anything significant since his return to try to change that.

Zaros on the other hand once has my support, but with every appearance he becomes more and more suspicious. I'm still willing to work with him but will take everything he says with a grain of salt, and if the option appears once the Elder gods are dealt with, I will kill him. If the option to kill him comes up in SE I may take it, depending on the situation.

^This. Lots of good points raised.

Yes, Zamorak wanted to make the Mahjarrats numerous again, but his intentions doesn't change the fact he's done some bad things (just like with Seren).

Except I'm not gonna kill Zaros. If the worst happens, I'll just be like "screw you guys, I'm quitting the faction." From then, I'd literally be factionless and unaligned with anyone; I'd be working for no one's interests but my own; I'd be truly independent.
·
{
}
`·.„¸¸,.¤*°‘°•¸
¸•°‘°*¤.,¸¸„.·´
{
}
·

12-Dec-2016 03:34:15 - Last edited on 12-Dec-2016 03:59:09 by SwedishPagns

BladeOfZaros

BladeOfZaros

Posts: 19 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Saradomin- Values order. Order becomes stifling, evil even. maintains devotion to Order
Zamorak- Values chaos. Chaos rips apart his empire. Maintains devotion to Chaos
Guthix- Values balance. Balance makes him powerful. Offs himself because his power is disrupting the balance.
Bandos- Values battle. Died in battle.
Seren- Values connection- is afraid of the strength of her connections. Will never lead.
Armadyl- Values justice, but lacks the strength to achieve it. Is learning and growing.
Zaros- Values potential. Built a thriving empire that launched humanity forward hundreds of years, but was eventually betrayed and his empire was utterly destroyed. Realized that true potential is best brought about from behind rather than in front. Is learning and growing.

I prefer my gods to be perfect, but Jagex hasn't given us a Trinity, so we'll have to make due with what we've got. Armadyl and Zaros are the only gods worth following because they're the only ones who aren't afraid to lead. Of the two of them, Zaros is the more powerful and therefore the more worthy. If Zaros ever does something that makes him unworthy I'll switch my allegiance to Armadyl, but so far he hasn't.
As to the particulars of this quest: Zamorak is an agent of chaos above all else. If you expect him to be good, he'll be evil. If you expect him to be evil, he'll be good. A little chaos is necessary, but unrestrained chaos is the enemy of potential, so obviously Zaros hates him, not to mention Zamorak kind of killed him. I have no doubt that Zaros believed what he said about moving on, but the fact that he hadn't just proves that he's more than cold hard logic. That's a win. Some emotion is necessary to achieve full potential, but logic is also key. Zaros has both.
The godless- no such thing. Everyone worships something, if it's not a god, it's a human, or a feeling, or wealth, etc. Power hungry humans are more destructive than a balanced and powerful god. Guthix's death was in vain.

12-Dec-2016 05:13:18

Quick find code: 341-342-502-65859126 Back to Top