Forums

Say my name...

Quick find code: 341-342-502-65859126

Zulkir

Zulkir

Posts: 7,343 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It should come as no surprise that my opinion of Zaros has improved. The ritual after all was HIS idea, one Zamorak BEGGED the Mahjarrat not to attend, which led to their salvation.

Like it or not, get angry and bust a blood vessel or two, Zaros is their saviour. Whats not to praise?

The "What...no" comment was because while Zaros was bringing Zamorak to heel like a good lesser excuse for a god, the latter was using their godly power to empower the Mahjarrat, if Zaros had killed him it would of been seen as stopping the Mahjarrat from getting help, it would of made Zamorak a martyr. Something Zaros said he refused to do. Pretty obvious thing to do.

As for the pact this is first hand seeing Zaros in his element, and it was grand. Zamorak knew he had no choice but to obey else face oblivion, and both signing parties accepted the terms ending with Zamorak writing Zaros a blank cheque. This isn't a negative, this is sore asses over being under Zaros's foot.

Final point, Zaros wasn't furious over losing his shot at revenge, you seem to of forgotten Zamorak fired first and got his pride and body mutilated as a result of thinking he could stand up to him without his little stick.

If Zaros gets mad, something we've seen only once during TLW the very planet shakes, it was Seren who was distraught after the events of COM, not Zaros. Id say he left pretty content. He achieved his objective, put a lesser in his place, and obtained something useful for his plans later on.
Zarosian Lorehound

Master Questcape Owner

Inconsistent Completionist

12-Dec-2016 12:41:49

Ancient Drew

Ancient Drew

Posts: 5,732 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'd also like to point out that it wasn't Zaros who killed Mah. It wasn't even Seren; both were actually doing Mah a favour. It was Wen who messed Mah up.

Edit: And Seren was still raw from finishing Mah off, so Zamorak really should've kept his mouth shut before she was about to nuke them all. Even Zaros could've got hurt.
Prepare for hell on RuneScape in Naval Cataclysm!

Pokemon battle? Friend Code: 4614-0426-2439

12-Dec-2016 12:47:14 - Last edited on 12-Dec-2016 12:59:13 by Ancient Drew

YtHaar-Zuk
Nov Member 2011

YtHaar-Zuk

Posts: 641 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
SwedishPagns said :
YtHaar-Zuk said :
I follow my lord whether he uses me for his own gains or not, i understand the situations going on. I'm willing to follow him into the void! :-)

Hey Aegon. ^_^

How you doing these days? :P

defiantly not that lunatic...i follow Zaros religiously in game, but i don't threaten to kill people in rl if they something bad about him lmao

what even happened to him?
| Leader of the Zarosian Army
|
LoreHound
|
Going for Master Quest Cape!!
|

12-Dec-2016 18:40:54

King Peter
Aug Member 2022

King Peter

Posts: 247 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It's never been a secret that Zaros is self-centred, manipulative and power-hungry. Children of Mah did not surprise me in those respects. Still, he has shown once again that he is the only one willing to do what is necessary. Seren and Zamorak's plans to deal with the crisis would inevitably have resulted in the extinction of all of Mah's creations. At best, they would be able to stave it off for a few more centuries. At worst, Mah drains them immediately, gains enough power to enter the Abyss, and starts eating planets.

As for the others... Zamorak honestly isn't a bad guy, but the hubris and stupidity of rejecting Zaros's plan only because of his personal vendetta shows that he's still not mature enough to brandish as much power as he does. Seren, I'm torn on. I'm officially aligned with her (in terms of emissaries), and I can definitely understand her reaction (if my brother proposed killing our own mother, and a large part of the reason for that is just to gain power, I'd want to kill him on the spot too!), but when it comes to making tough but necessary decisions that she's not willing to make, I'll have no choice but to go against her.

So yeah, Zaros is a bit of a nobber, and certainly not someone to trust blindly, but unless and until someone else comes up with a viable plan to stop the Elders, I guess it's in the best interest of the universe to support him for now.
King Peter
the Ravensworn
World Guardian of Guthix
A flame can never be a star,
however bright it burns.

12-Dec-2016 19:28:16

Hazeel

Hazeel

Posts: 6,735 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
King Peter said :
So yeah, Zaros is a bit of a nobber, and certainly not someone to trust blindly, but unless and until someone else comes up with a viable plan to stop the Elders, I guess it's in the best interest of the universe to support him for now.

-Control the anima so they never wake (Former Plan).

-Drain the anima to levels unsustainable for the Elders.

-Drain the Elders themselves in a similar way done to Mah. (Likely done in conjuction with the above plan.)

-Move the citizens of Gielinor and then destroy Gielinor, thus starving the Elders.

-Let someone more trustworthy ascend to Elder status. (Even if it wasn't Zaros, this is still the worst plan of the bunch.)

EDIT: I'm disapointed we've gone this whole thread without a Twilight reference.
Runescape doesn't need a hero...it needs a villain. An all encompassing force of evil that will remain ever-threatening and use chaos to make the peoples of Gielinor tolerate each other, grow strong together, and fight side by side against this evil. I am that villain.

12-Dec-2016 19:33:47 - Last edited on 12-Dec-2016 20:16:35 by Hazeel

King Peter
Aug Member 2022

King Peter

Posts: 247 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
All excellent ideas, but so far nobody with the power to do so has actually stepped up to put any of them in motion. Well, Xenia did, and I supported her, but Ariane just had to go and kill her...
King Peter
the Ravensworn
World Guardian of Guthix
A flame can never be a star,
however bright it burns.

12-Dec-2016 20:13:47

SwedishPagns

SwedishPagns

Posts: 8,899 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
King Peter said :
All excellent ideas, but so far nobody with the power to do so has actually stepped up to put any of them in motion. Well, Xenia did, and I supported her, but Ariane just had to go and kill her...

Xenia's plan was terrible IMO. It'd result in no magic. No more Wizards' Tower or the Wizards' Guild. No more characters being connected to magic, no more storylines involving magic. Can you imagine that? It'd be a less rich story, that's for sure.

(And keep in mind that Ariane's entire character is "I wanna study and investigate all kinds of magic, so I can learn it." She wouldn't have a reason to exist if there was no magic, so she did what she had to do).

YtHaar-Zuk said :
SwedishPagns said :
YtHaar-Zuk said :
I follow my lord whether he uses me for his own gains or not, i understand the situations going on. I'm willing to follow him into the void! :-)

Hey Aegon. ^_^

How you doing these days? :P

defiantly not that lunatic...i follow Zaros religiously in game, but i don't threaten to kill people in rl if they something bad about him lmao

what even happened to him?

I know you're not him. I was joking. (Thanks for taking it so well and not raging at me :) ).

I think he died. Or got permanently committed to an insane asylum.
·
{
}
`·.„¸¸,.¤*°‘°•¸
I wish I was in Dixie land
¸•°‘°*¤.,¸¸„.·´
{
}
·

12-Dec-2016 21:26:58 - Last edited on 13-Dec-2016 00:28:36 by SwedishPagns

SwedishPagns

SwedishPagns

Posts: 8,899 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ancient Drew said :
Hazeel said :
EDIT: I'm disapointed we've gone this whole thread without a Twilight reference.
You did not just say that.

*coughsayitoutloudsayitcough*

Yer a Mahjarrat, Hazeel.
·
{
}
`·.„¸¸,.¤*°‘°•¸
I wish I was in Dixie land
¸•°‘°*¤.,¸¸„.·´
{
}
·