Forums

Content Poll - Prestige

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445

Mr RobinHood

Mr RobinHood

Posts: 2,615 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
What King alarius has said and I said previously the only compromise that will get this passed is to somehow include the the previous XP (superficially) in such a way that gives players a little credit for they have already done.....

I think with this sort of compromise, enough people will bypass those who simply think it's something they'd have to do again but not want to do....(you don't have to do it, why stop those who do?)

I will judge however I want, theirs plenty of people who say those who voted yes, are ..... So in the most respectful way possible..... Jump off a cliff:-D
\\ \\ \\_________|`›¸ ............Sir.RôbiñHôôd ......... ¸‹´|_______// // //
// // //¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯|¸‹´ ......200 Mîll Räñgé XP ....... `›¸|¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\\ \\ \\

17-Oct-2013 13:00:38 - Last edited on 17-Oct-2013 13:01:47 by Mr RobinHood

Snowskeeper

Snowskeeper

Posts: 1,960 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Was Zeus said :
It's no surprise that a lot of people that support the concept haven't achieved much on their accounts

So what you're saying is that you believe your high score position will be stolen by a player who has 'not achieved much?'

I voted yes. This is good for the economy, provides maxed players something to do while they wait for new content that doesn't include blitzing lower levels in castle wars or whatever, and, as was mentioned in the dev blog, fixes the problem with the 200m max.
A Zamorakian lorehound, probably.

17-Oct-2013 13:01:15

Astralach

Astralach

Posts: 6,228 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ferenc2017 said :
Oh and if you make all the skills 120 KEEP the maxed cape for everything 99!

Cuz else you ruin the game / my goal, for me.

The max cape does not require a dungeoneering level of 120 to be worn. This is because level 120 is considered to be "true skill mastery", as opposed to level 99, which is considered to be "skill mastery." As such, there is no reason why extending skills to level 120 would affect the max cape in such a way.
RGU | CLF | FGU | Ninja | EGC | Premier | General

17-Oct-2013 13:03:50

Sakirth
Jan Member 2023

Sakirth

Posts: 739 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Astralach said :
Sakirth said :
Yes, low-level items will become more valuable. But mid-high level items will become even more valuable, thus making it impossible for certain players to reach lvl 99 at all.

Bare in mind that the majority of low-to-mid level equipment is purchasable from NPCs, and price should therefore be kept in check to a certain extent. I agree, however, that the introduction of prestige has the capacity to cause high level equipment to increase in value quite significantly. Of course, it remains to be seen whether or not that will actually occur. Besides, it the current state of the poll is anything to go by then we may not be confronted with such an eventuality :)

Yes, I really hope prestige in it's current form will NOT be implemented exactly due to that reason. Perhaps I would think about it differently if I was maxed, but I'm not so yeah...

Prestige might work if gaining experience didn't require resources to be bought, for example making all skills work as if they were gatherers skills. But I don't see that happening.

17-Oct-2013 13:04:26

lokiman

lokiman

Posts: 253 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tw Darkflame said :
Pros;

* Allows high level players to get killed by Goblins again.

* Improves encomy by creating more demand for lower level items

Cons;

* Without a clear "end" some players might not have the will power to stop playing, and the game will go on forever.

============

Remember folks; This is a small development effort. Far,far,far less effort then a genuine increase in levels or content. It would probably even take less effort then removing the XP cap (which is likely due to a database limitation)

It shouldn't be seen as an either/or situation. Efforts used to implement this I dought will take much resources, if any, from more "real" content added to the game.

People should make their choice not if they think other things would be "better", but simply if this, independently, would be a good idea.

i agree with the latter part of this - it's a quick win - but please bear in mind that only one skill at a time needs to be reset, and anyone who has even level 80 or so already knows almost all of the best ways of getting 99 in that skill. i'm sure the thought of seeing someone with 200M xp getting pecked to death is a happy one for most of us, but it ain't going to happen :P

17-Oct-2013 13:04:29

Mace Brown

Mace Brown

Posts: 1,110 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mr RobinHood said :
This prestige system was EXCELLENT, the problem is these selfish idiots will never vote for a prestige system unless it in someway incorporates the current XP they had already made, toward it.

I'm such an selfish idiot that I'd have even voted "no" if all my current XP would count towards the system and I'd get a start bonus of 10k prestige right away.

If 75% of playership should votes "yes", then it's ok. It would show that 75% of players focus on getting xp in their skills beyond the level 99 cap, and that gathering xp and being able to show the results via highscore ranks is what playing Runescape means to them.

But if the poll shows there is no such majority, then it might be sensefull to think about what the reasons to play for this majority of players voting "no" are, and to look how to add content supporting these reasons. This would help more than calling others names just cause they have a different opinion.

Best regards,
Mace

17-Oct-2013 13:04:35

Ferenc2017

Ferenc2017

Posts: 9,575 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Snowskeeper said :
Was Zeus said :
It's no surprise that a lot of people that support the concept haven't achieved much on their accounts

So what you're saying is that you believe your high score position will be stolen by a player who has 'not achieved much?'

I voted yes. This is good for the economy, provides maxed players something to do while they wait for new content that doesn't include blitzing lower levels in castle wars or whatever, and, as was mentioned in the dev blog, fixes the problem with the 200m max.

You can't fix the economy, only players and merchanters can do this.

Even this update won't make a difference only for 1 week max cuz players invest in items for this update, 1 week later they all dump it back again and everything will crash.

Ferenc2017 :)
Ferenc2017
-
The Gamebreaker
:) Raise max cash! Click here to support!

17-Oct-2013 13:04:49 - Last edited on 17-Oct-2013 13:05:36 by Ferenc2017

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445 Back to Top