Forums

Content Poll - Prestige

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445

Jimla

Jimla

Posts: 5,394 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Crow said :
Mr Omer said :
Moreover, you guys can also further increase the level from 99 till 120(or above), if you guys don't like the idea of finishing the limit of exp.

The potential issue with raising the skillcap is that could essentially dominate game development for a long time. There would have to be a whole load of new content for each and every skill to not only make levelling worthwhile but also to make it fun.

You don't necessarily NEED new content right away if the skill cap were ever raised.

Training from 99-120 isn't much different than prestiging and retraining your skills through the 1-99 progression multiple times, if you are talking about making it fun & worthwhile. It might be interesting the first time you prestige as you get to retrain that skill, but it would soon turn into the same repetitive cycle that 99-120 would be. I see people getting much more excited over the possibly of new content at some point down the road (99-120) rather than redoing things they've already done before with the prestige system.

Besides, rather than look at it as if you have to release a bunch of content for the level 99-120 gap, why not instead look at it as a little bit of wiggle room for adding end game content in the future? I mean, we are getting progressively closer to content that peaks at the current skill cap of 99 and this issue would have to be addressed at some point anyways.

17-Oct-2013 11:18:14

Astralach

Astralach

Posts: 6,228 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Crow said :
If the community doesn't like it we go right back to the drawing board and look at how we can offer more content and achievements via other means.

If this does end up going back to the drawing board, perhaps you could use the opportunity to consider whether the prospect of raising the skillcap dominating game development for a significant period of time is such a bad thing.
RGU | CLF | FGU | Ninja | EGC | Premier | General

17-Oct-2013 11:18:41

Protato Loki
Nov Member 2011

Protato Loki

Posts: 64 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mr Omer said :
Mod Crow said :
Mr Omer said :
Moreover, you guys can also further increase the level from 99 till 120(or above), if you guys don't like the idea of finishing the limit of exp.

The potential issue with raising the skillcap is that could essentially dominate game development for a long time. There would have to be a whole load of new content for each and every skill to not only make levelling worthwhile but also to make it fun.

I agree that it is not easy to add a bundle of content for each and every skill but by allowing players to train above 200M exp, wouldn't it eliminate the problem of old hiscores that the prestige system is trying to eliminate?

If they would then give cosmetics for people everuy 10-20 of million of exp I would be in :P .

But on a side note, the update is not only there to extend beyond 200m exp. It's there so people have to re-train their skills again at the same time. Level 1-10 is a lower exp rate as 90-99 or 99 - 120m exp for that matter. At the same time the xp required for each level would be 100%/200%/300%/etc higher depending on which prestige the person is. Making it even slower.

Oh well let them go back to the drawing board, figure out how to make most of the people happy and release a prestige-like system then.
I've been playing for a while and still am a pleb

17-Oct-2013 11:19:28

Tw Darkflame

Tw Darkflame

Posts: 105 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Pros;

* Allows high level players to get killed by Goblins again.

* Improves encomy by creating more demand for lower level items

Cons;

* Without a clear "end" some players might not have the will power to stop playing, and the game will go on forever.

============

Remember folks; This is a small development effort. Far,far,far less effort then a genuine increase in levels or content. It would probably even take less effort then removing the XP cap (which is likely due to a database limitation)

It shouldn't be seen as an either/or situation. Efforts used to implement this I dought will take much resources, if any, from more "real" content added to the game.

People should make their choice not if they think other things would be "better", but simply if this, independently, would be a good idea.

17-Oct-2013 11:19:36 - Last edited on 17-Oct-2013 11:21:57 by Tw Darkflame

Zemrode

Zemrode

Posts: 118 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Crow said :
Mr Omer said :

Honestly, i'd be content if 120 skills were released without new content. Being 99 in a skill already provides good exp enough to redo them faster than 1-99 already was, so it's not like you're being slowed down by the cap or anything. Also it'd be a nice little goal to work towards, while keeping competition for ranks/levels. The only downside I can actually see to that is combat, such as attack making you hit more, defence making you block more, etc., instead just keep them at the point they are, with no benefits past 99, like the other skills would be. Instead, you could release the cosmetic stuff you wanted, like titles, emotes, and such at certain exp goals, say title at 25m exp, emote at 50m exp, and cape at 104m exp (120.)

I actually voted 'yes' to this, because i'm all for the competition in certain skills, but i'm uncertain of how well prestige system would actually work, because it doesn't allow low leveled players to actually catch up at any point, and as said by others, would cause more unhealthy game play than there already is.

17-Oct-2013 11:21:48

Mod Jack

Mod Jack

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Astralach said :
Mod Crow said :
If the community doesn't like it we go right back to the drawing board and look at how we can offer more content and achievements via other means.

If this does end up going back to the drawing board, perhaps you could use the opportunity to consider whether the prospect of raising the skillcap dominating game development for a significant period of time is such a bad thing.

It's not off the table.

17-Oct-2013 11:22:16

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445 Back to Top