Forums

Content Poll - Prestige

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445

Gonio

Gonio

Posts: 2,965 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Crow said :
Mr Omer said :
Moreover, you guys can also further increase the level from 99 till 120(or above), if you guys don't like the idea of finishing the limit of exp.

The potential issue with raising the skillcap is that could essentially dominate game development for a long time. There would have to be a whole load of new content for each and every skill to not only make levelling worthwhile but also to make it fun.

This is true, seeing as most skills already have 50% of their content not being used from 1-99. Maybe, just maybe, instead of making more content or making people redo the old content. Try making all content from 1-99 worth while rather than the items used for high profits or training purposes.

17-Oct-2013 11:06:57

Jimla

Jimla

Posts: 5,394 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jon Stryder said :
Jagex, can you disable the option to view the results for people that have voted until the vote is over. Someone has already posted the early results here and I fear that might influence voting.

To be fair, there are many other factors that could potentially influence the vote, and there just isn't much we can do about it.

For example, the main post outlines the objectives of the prestige system and they all sound rather positive, but it fails to go into detail about what these things actually mean or to cite some of the strongest arguments against the system and how it could negatively impact the game.

Of course this information is available if players are willing to dig deeper and read the Dev Blog, sift through interesting forum arguments addressing both the pros/cons in detail, and gather enough information to make an informed decision.

But lets be honest here - a large portion of voters will inevitably click the news post, lightly skim through the objectives outlined, and cast a vote solely based on what is right in front of their eyes. It is actually a little alarming how many people I've spoken to who have no clue this prestige business is even happening right now. They are totally clueless :P

17-Oct-2013 11:07:16

Astralach

Astralach

Posts: 6,228 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Crow said :
Mr Omer said :
Moreover, you guys can also further increase the level from 99 till 120(or above), if you guys don't like the idea of finishing the limit of exp.

The potential issue with raising the skillcap is that could essentially dominate game development for a long time. There would have to be a whole load of new content for each and every skill to not only make levelling worthwhile but also to make it fun.

You present a valid argument, but I dare say that players would enjoy level 100 - 120 content far more than they would prestige. It's a nice idea that has the capacity to make some seldom used content relevant again, but it's really just for people vying for the top positions on the hiscores. Furthermore, it could have a negative effect on the game by significantly increasing the price of consumables and mid-high level equipment.
RGU | CLF | FGU | Ninja | EGC | Premier | General

17-Oct-2013 11:07:17 - Last edited on 17-Oct-2013 11:08:52 by Astralach

Schmullan
Jan Member 2013

Schmullan

Posts: 1,239 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I would like to get conformation that you will actually follow the poll. Aka don't implement something that the community is against just because you feel like it. I like that you once again are using polls to get feedback but a poll means nothing if you're not planing on following the result.

I am not saying that I don't think you will go against the poll but tbh you can't deny that you have made some highly questionable decisions in the past.
Storing quest items in PoH

Even the most brilliant lights eventually flicker and die.

17-Oct-2013 11:10:10

Rangedp 00wn
Feb Member 2019

Rangedp 00wn

Posts: 58 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
thanks for giving us the oppertunity to choose :)
i personally did liked the prestige idea especially the oppertunity to start over again and relive the ''noob'' moments :P
i also would love a greater achievement then ''just 99'' even though for some of us it's quite alot :P but for others it simply isnt :P
i think prestige and level 120 would be the same
well...mostly...
both things have great things to offer :P
the only thing i did not like is to see my xp goes to waste even though there is a livetime hiscore.
after all i worked hard to earn that xp...and i personally feel it as beeing left out because i cant be on top rankings on livetime either because im exactly in the middle of it so basicly what im saying is...it doesnt make sense to me :P
it just woudnt be the same for me with splitted hiscores:S
I do understand that there has to be ''new blood'' in hiscores but i also think that if you really want to be on the rop rankings...you should work for it as what everyone did that is there today.
after all....to be the best...you've gotta beat the best ;)
~Rangedp 00wn

17-Oct-2013 11:12:19

Mod Crow

Mod Crow

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Schmullan said :
I would like to get conformation that you will actually follow the poll. Aka don't implement something that the community is against just because you feel like it. I like that you once again are using polls to get feedback but a poll means nothing if you're not planing on following the result.

I am not saying that I don't think you will go against the poll but tbh you can't deny that you have made some highly questionable decisions in the past.

If we were going to introduce it regardless we wouldn't bother with the extra work of a poll. If the community doesn't like it we go right back to the drawing board and look at how we can offer more content and achievements via other means.

17-Oct-2013 11:13:25

Protato Loki
Nov Member 2011

Protato Loki

Posts: 64 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Astralach said :
Mod Crow said :
Mr Omer said :

You present a valid argument, but I dare say that players would enjoy level 100 - 120 content far more than they would prestige. It's a nice idea that has the capacity to make some seldom used content relevant again, but it's really just for people vying for the top positions on the hiscores. Furthermore, it could have a negative effect on the game by significantly increasing the price of consumables and mid-high level equipment.

Oh seems like someone is talking for me... right...
Level 120 would only create MORE dead content... that's something they are trying to fight...
I've been playing for a while and still am a pleb

17-Oct-2013 11:14:26

Mr Omer

Mr Omer

Posts: 770 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Crow said :
Mr Omer said :

I agree that it is not easy to add a bundle of content for each and every skill but by allowing players to train above 200M exp, wouldn't it eliminate the problem of hiscores that the prestige system is trying to eliminate?

17-Oct-2013 11:15:07 - Last edited on 17-Oct-2013 11:16:09 by Mr Omer

Ltj
Apr Member 2009

Ltj

Posts: 388 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Crow said :
Mr Omer said :

Raise each skill one by one bringing in the new content with each one it doesn't have to all be done at once
:)
Happy Gielinor resident since summer 2001
:)

17-Oct-2013 11:15:51

Wacky Farmer
Jul Member 2007

Wacky Farmer

Posts: 21,926 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
make a pop up screen when log in with x option not show again so people who never read front page have chance to read/vote

you did this for

free trade/wild return

eoc

ors
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

17-Oct-2013 11:17:21

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445 Back to Top