Forums

Content Poll - Prestige

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445

Osomu

Osomu

Posts: 92 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
JDHellraiser said :
I voted for prestige. As it is now there is no true high scores (only the I got there first scores). Without any form of competition, the high scores are truly invalid. I didn't agree with the xp over 99 not being counted, but also see that this xp (earned at higher rates) would give a huge advantage if added to prestige directly.

I'm against raising the level cap to 120. I feel that this would slow down future game content that is much loved by many in the community. I personally would rather see new quests, mini-game, bosses...etc., than content designed to give better xp rates on the road to 120 in each skill.

I'm very close to to 99 in all skills, and see no use in training past 99 (or 120 in the case of dungeoneering) because, as I said before, the high scores system is flawed. If the high scores are fixed, and those at the top truly have to still compete with each other to stay there, then my opinion may change.

I respect the time taken to reach 200m xp in a skill, but as someone I loved says, "To be the best, you have to beat the best." First there doesn't truly count as being the best, only first.

This.

17-Oct-2013 23:23:40

Gray Wolves
Apr Member 2023

Gray Wolves

Posts: 1,543 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I voted yes, it would provide me with more options of game play.

I like how this game has many different ways to play!

:( darn greedy people only thinking about themselves!!@

This poll is BIASED!.
There are a few people who will use/enjoy this which means we will not be able to get 75%.

That is like asking if people pk and if 75% of players say yes then pk will stay and if 75% is not reached it is removed. :(

My new type of game play is ruined because of greedy players!

17-Oct-2013 23:23:56

Lord G Rahl

Lord G Rahl

Posts: 8,001 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
8gp said :
i think jagex should do a whole content rework or even change combat again/minigames
There is allot of content out there that isn't meant for eoc jagex should make that there number one priority to fix.

ONE MORE THING JAGEX NEEDS YES I SAID IT "NEEDS" TO WORK ON ADVERTISING RUNESCAPE. Allot of young gamers out there as im sure would love Runescape.

But you have LOL, Eve, Wow and many other games out there, that jagex can't even compete with right now.

LOL gets like 30k+ viewers on twitch and RS manages on its best days 5k viewers.

17-Oct-2013 23:25:17

Ingmar
Oct
fmod Member

Ingmar

Forum Moderator Posts: 8,428 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Gray Wolves said :
I voted yes, it would provide me with more options of game play.

I like how this game has many different ways to play!

:( darn greedy people only thinking about themselves!!@

This poll is BIASED!.
There are a few people who will use/enjoy this which means we will not be able to get 75%.

That is like asking if people pk and if 75% of players say yes then pk will stay and if 75% is not reached it is removed. :(

My new type of game play is ruined because of greedy players!

PKing is optional, even those who choose not to use prestige will still find their highscores, the original highscores, to be pushed aside for the new ones. In time, the old highscores will become completely irrevelant, including the achievements listed on them.
I would be fine with a combination of the two, just roll over all post 99 experience into the prestige system, give those who earn it a head start and then completely replace and open up the highscores. I'm real tired of having a fragmented community and the last thing I want to see is an additional fragment in the form of the highscores.
Also, balancing issues shouldn't be ignored either, don't forget that the ultra wealthy prestige rollers will be buying up low and medium level content again - possibly making it extremely hard for actual new players to keep up with them. It might be a double edged sword in that sense, reviving old content for old players, whilst locking out the new.

Of course, I couldn't help but spot the irony of you calling other players selfish, whilst your main argument for the update is that it would give you more ways to play.

~Ingmar
Ingmar
, watching Recent Game Updates

Forum Help | Support Centre

17-Oct-2013 23:29:53

Lotuspod

Lotuspod

Posts: 248 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dadizar said :

Lets discuss the flaws in YOUR arrogant logic. I have not bragged about my XP. I am not anywhere close to 200 mil XP in any skill. I slowly have worked all of my skills into the top 7500 without once whining or asking to be able to leap-frog someone else because i am not afraid to compete.

I just do not want to compete in an illusion with deluded people who need an unfair advantage to compete. Sad that you need to reset to prestige 1 level 1 to pass people. By the way, i gather all of my own supplies do not go to the GE to buy materials and pound away skills to get bragging rights in skills i really do not like.

I just am sick of pathetic trolls that cannot compete insulting the people that really do .

Here is my impression of you. "I wanted to run the marathon. I got here to hours late. It is not fair. Call everyone back and start the race over so it is fair to me."

Still laughing troll. Not making me mad, but sure have me genuinely laughing out loud.

No, I wanted the update for fun. It's a game...not a race, marathon, competition, or whatever fail metaphor you try using. I don't care anything about "passing people" or hiscores...I barely know how to use them as you can see previously. And the old hiscores will remain and continue on anyway.

The update does absolutely nothing to bother players who don't want it, it's totally optional. Yet greedy, selfish people like you would still vote no just to ruin others' fun.

Oh no, someone might not pay as much attention to your previous hiscores...lets trash a great idea just for that reason. You want a shiny star for that top 7500 or whatever crap it was...maybe it will give your life some validation? You obv don't play for fun, that's apparent.

Grow up, swallow your pride, and let others have some fun for awhile. It does nothing to bother you, I honestly don't know why you would be against something that doesn't even concern you

17-Oct-2013 23:30:29

Dadizar
Oct Member 2005

Dadizar

Posts: 5,902 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lord G Rahl said :
Dadizar said :

Lets discuss the flaws in YOUR arrogant logic. I have not bragged about my XP. I am not anywhere close to 200 mil XP in any skill. I slowly have worked all of my skills into the top 7500 without once whining or asking to be able to leap-frog someone else because i am not afraid to compete.

I just do not want to compete in an illusion with deluded people who need an unfair advantage to compete. Sad that you need to reset to prestige 1 level 1 to pass people. By the way, i gather all of my own supplies do not go to the GE to buy materials and pound away skills to get bragging rights in skills i really do not like.

I just am sick of pathetic trolls that cannot compete insulting the people that really do .

Here is my impression of you. "I wanted to run the marathon. I got here to hours late. It is not fair. Call everyone back and start the race over so it is fair to me."

Still laughing troll. Not making me mad, but sure have me genuinely laughing out loud.

You really have 1 bil in exp? And you are only ranked 7500? wow. I have half that exp and believe I am ranked 8000 and something. I would have to double my exp to even catch you, which would be another 9+ years for me? And then you would gain more exp which would mean I

I said all of my skills are ranked in the top 7500. I did not say what the ranks were. I do not need to brag about them, but you immediately try and put me down. This is why your type of YES voter gets no respect from me.

You reveal your true motivation in voting YES - wanting to leap-frog others because you cannot compete.

Come on trolls, see how long yuo can keep me laughing in real life.
§¤*
What love we've given, we'll have forever. What love we fail to give, will be lost for all eternity. - Leo Buscaglia
»¤§

17-Oct-2013 23:30:48 - Last edited on 17-Oct-2013 23:31:32 by Dadizar

Hans
Feb Member 2008

Hans

Posts: 1,491 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't know what the problem is, I voted yes.
It's optional, the original hiscores will still be there so there's no sudden push for players who don't want to lose their original ranks.
It would give maxed players a reason to keep playing. I log in for maybe 3 hours a week but I'd probably stay a bit longer if I had some skills to train.
I always feel like I want to start a new account because I like training skills up again and this eliminates the hassle of creating another email address just to play on a low level account.
"I serve no man"

17-Oct-2013 23:32:52

Sg1fannz

Sg1fannz

Posts: 1,012 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Voted no

Would prefer allowing the levels to continue past 99, with still getting a 99 cape and possibly a 120 cape. I have a friend who is 99 mining and continues to mine. I would like to see what his new level is in mining as this shows the time and effort he has put in. Its hard to congratulate him on his effort when we don't know how far he has got.
Also after 99 I tend to hardly do that skill anymore and have no desire to repeat from level 1 however if it showed how much exp to level 100 etc I might be encouraged to see if i can get that next level.

Edited to add I would like to see more new resources added like elder trees to the game. It would be great to be able to mine hunt etc a new resource at 99 as it gets boring mining the old stuff. Another reason I don't want to reset at 99 as the thought of mining copper iron etc doesn't appeal. The game needs new players to mine the earlier resources. All the armour etc out there could be able to be made. I am 99 mining and smithing, but making rune stuff to sell doesn't appeal. As far as drops go, I usualy hi alch then rather than sell on ge as I get an immediate amount of gp and it is constant, and helps my magic skill. More resources to work on is what appeals to me rather than redoing the old resources over and over.
I have played since 2004 and the fact I have only got a few 99s shows the limited time I have to play runescape with work and family commitments, so I will never figure on first pages of hi scores, and high scores have never been that important to me.

17-Oct-2013 23:34:18 - Last edited on 17-Oct-2013 23:53:42 by Sg1fannz

Osomu

Osomu

Posts: 92 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Kiran Baal said :
This should obviously be voted yes..

If you are a person with 200 mil xp, you are still going to have the reward of that, because it STILL shows total xp and that you got there in the high scores.

If you have 99's but not 200 mil xp, you can chose to prestige for the heck of it, either for fun, or to up your rank in the high scores, OR you can just not. (I know I wouldn't but some people want more goals to work towards after wards)

If you have 99's, whether 200mil or not, it will give you (and everyone) an opportunity to try to raise their rank. currently pages upon pages of the top ranks are just impossible to get to because they are locked with the people are 200 mil, so people below that are discouraged from training, there is less reward. They can never become "the best" because all the top scores are frozen now..

If you don't have 99's it doesn't matter to you.

All this does is give everyone an opportunity to be "the best" again.. instead of fighting for "1560th best..." or whatever.

17-Oct-2013 23:37:20

Lord G Rahl

Lord G Rahl

Posts: 8,001 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dadizar said :

I said all of my skills are ranked in the top 7500. I did not say what the ranks were. I do not need to brag about them, but you immediately try and put me down. This is why your type of YES voter gets no respect from me.

You reveal your true motivation in voting YES - wanting to leap-frog others because you cannot compete.

Come on trolls, see how long yuo can keep me laughing in real life.

Was not putting you down. As I said, your exp is double my exp. and I believe I have no realistic chance of every surpassing you in rank. I do have 10k of green charms in my bank, not quite sure on reds and blues exactly. Depending on your summoning level, I probably could pass that lvl, if I wanted to, but then again, maybe not.

Heck, I have 4k extreme str and att pots, and 2k of extreme range pots in my bank and I could look up your rank and try to pass you in those combat skills.

I thought you said you was 7500 rank or around there total and if 1k to 1500 ranks separated us, and you had 2 time the exp I had, rank 2k is impossible in my mind.

17-Oct-2013 23:39:44

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445 Back to Top