Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445

Bmanhp
Sep Member 2005

Bmanhp

Posts: 1,839 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Alexander V said :
Mod Crow said :
Alexander V said :
Many thanks for the opportunity to allow us to vote. I voted 'no' simply because I have invested so much of my time already into this game, and don't have the time to do it all over again.

The aim of Prestige was to make it entirely optional as to whether you choose to do it again and also give you the option to just 'switch back' to your stats if you got tired of re-levelling them. You wouldn't have been forced into doing it or locked into training again if you chose to do so.

I appreciate that, I really do. And for a while I was indifferent as to whether Prestige was added to the game. 'Yes' — players wouldn't be forced to do it, but it would naturally pressure players into competing and spending more time training skills they had already spent countless hours training, simply to avoid having their current achievements diminished.

I fear that the Prestige system would encourage (whether intentional or not) unhealthy and excessive gameplay. Perhaps a better solution would be to increase levels to 120 and add new content to the existing skills instead of just encouraging players to accumulate unreasonable amounts of experience with the same content again and again.

Agreed. I voted no also. Would much rather see skills go to 120 to add prestige and more content to the game rather than a 'prestige system' reminiscent of Call of Duty's. For those who want to compete beyond 120, removing the 200m xp cap would achieve the same thing, and I would support that. Players who already have high level banks are not going to buy many low level or 'cheap' resources anyway if the skills were reset-able. A better way to get these resources being bought up again would be to attract more new players to the game...don't make veterans play it over and over again. If they want to, they can always create a new account.

17-Oct-2013 23:09:07 - Last edited on 17-Oct-2013 23:10:16 by Bmanhp

Snowser

Snowser

Posts: 164 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Again we are faced with a poll that asked for an up or down vote.
There was once a time when a Runescape Poll asked a question and then offered
MEANINGFUL ANSWERS WITH VARIOUS OPTIONS.
There is no "I do not care, I will not use the pretige system" option.
There is no "I might consider the prestige system for skills I enjoy" option.
There is no "LOL I don have a singl 99 cuz i just talk 2 frnds!!!1" option.

Thus I voted "NO".
Give me a meaningful choice and I might express a *REAL* opinion.
Frankly I do not care. If it is optional and voluntary why would I? I would never use it or look a the highscores.

Snow Noser
p.s. Frankly I do not know why I am even leaving a comment. This will be lost in the sheitstorm of complaints and whining that forums always devolve into.

17-Oct-2013 23:12:03

Lord G Rahl

Lord G Rahl

Posts: 8,001 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Arson Time said :
I think they need to add sub scores to the hiscore
say you started runescape 3 years ago and have 17m xp in fletching now
the main hiscore will show that and the subs scores will go something like this
main 17m xp
1st year 0 xp
2nd year 0 xp so on till when you started then
9th year 14m xp
10th year 2,500,000 xp
11th year 500,000k xp

this way every one has a chance to be number for that year
if jagex cant go back that far back to see how much xp a player got for each year then start fresh.

then jagex can add rewards for the ones that reach 99 lvl xp within that year

This I could almost agree with, but I don't think Jagex saved any of that data, so I don't think it is realistic.

Those complaining about how the prestige update may devalue their rank should be making this argument, because their current argument is crap.

I got 99 runecrafting before runespan and was ranked around 1k. Since runespan came out, I am ranked between 8k and 9k, and that was even doing some runespan to unlock the runespan ranks as they are part of the completionist cape.

Runespan "devalued" my 99 rc that I got running back and forth from banks to alters, but I would not vote against runespan as an update.

17-Oct-2013 23:12:18

Kiran Baal
Mar Member 2023

Kiran Baal

Posts: 251 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This should obviously be voted yes..

If you are a person with 200 mil xp, you are still going to have the reward of that, because it STILL shows total xp and that you got there in the high scores.

If you have 99's but not 200 mil xp, you can chose to prestige for the heck of it, either for fun, or to up your rank in the high scores, OR you can just not. (I know I wouldn't but some people want more goals to work towards after wards)

If you have 99's, whether 200mil or not, it will give you (and everyone) an opportunity to try to raise their rank. currently pages upon pages of the top ranks are just impossible to get to because they are locked with the people are 200 mil, so people below that are discouraged from training, there is less reward. They can never become "the best" because all the top scores are frozen now..

If you don't have 99's it doesn't matter to you.

All this does is give everyone an opportunity to be "the best" again.. instead of fighting for "1560th best..." or whatever.

17-Oct-2013 23:16:50

Dadizar
Oct Member 2005

Dadizar

Posts: 5,902 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lotuspod said :

Font is messed up, but now I see why you said no. You have 1 billion xp. Yea youre one of those who dont want to skill again without the help of easy materials from botting and/or rwt. Or just want to sit on an achievement to please your own ego, even at the expense of others' fun. Thats the only reasons given so far that haven't been completely made up or pure speculation.

Enjoy your precious hiscores, too bad they won't be around forever anyway. Maybe one day you'll learn a little moderation and hopefully make some less selfish decisions.

Lets discuss the flaws in YOUR arrogant logic. I have not bragged about my XP. I am not anywhere close to 200 mil XP in any skill. I slowly have worked all of my skills into the top 7500 without once whining or asking to be able to leap-frog someone else because i am not afraid to compete.

I just do not want to compete in an illusion with deluded people who need an unfair advantage to compete. Sad that you need to reset to prestige 1 level 1 to pass people. By the way, i gather all of my own supplies do not go to the GE to buy materials and pound away skills to get bragging rights in skills i really do not like.

I just am sick of pathetic trolls that cannot compete insulting the people that really do .

Here is my impression of you. "I wanted to run the marathon. I got here to hours late. It is not fair. Call everyone back and start the race over so it is fair to me."

Still laughing troll. Not making me mad, but sure have me genuinely laughing out loud.
§¤*
What love we've given, we'll have forever. What love we fail to give, will be lost for all eternity. - Leo Buscaglia
»¤§

17-Oct-2013 23:16:59

Wars Wisdom
Oct Member 2017

Wars Wisdom

Posts: 1,660 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I voted "No" because i don't want something in our game that was simply copied off of call of duty,i would rather have our skills increased to 120 (maybe more if you really wanted something that much of experience gained).

that way we could simply make way for more new content for the players and the limits are not bound by just 99 anymore and we can implement more high level content.If you guys are running out of ideas just tell us about it or go to the suggestions forums for new ideas.

There is tons of suggestions for new content in the suggestions forums,don't simply do prestige just to copy off of a high money franchise game that is already out there.

I am glad you guys are doing a poll about this,because we need it more often about new content that comes into the game. :)

17-Oct-2013 23:20:06

Lord G Rahl

Lord G Rahl

Posts: 8,001 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dadizar said :
Lotuspod said :

Font is messed up, but now I see why you said no. You have 1 billion xp. Yea youre one of those who dont want to skill again without the help of easy materials from botting and/or rwt. Or just want to sit on an achievement to please your own ego, even at the expense of others' fun. Thats the only reasons given so far that haven't been completely made up or pure speculation.

Enjoy your precious hiscores, too bad they won't be around forever anyway. Maybe one day you'll learn a little moderation and hopefully make some less selfish decisions.

Lets discuss the flaws in YOUR arrogant logic. I have not bragged about my XP. I am not anywhere close to 200 mil XP in any skill. I slowly have worked all of my skills into the top 7500 without once whining or asking to be able to leap-frog someone else because i am not afraid to compete.

I just do not want to compete in an illusion with deluded people who need an unfair advantage to compete. Sad that you need to reset to prestige 1 level 1 to pass people. By the way, i gather all of my own supplies do not go to the GE to buy materials and pound away skills to get bragging rights in skills i really do not like.

I just am sick of pathetic trolls that cannot compete insulting the people that really do .

Here is my impression of you. "I wanted to run the marathon. I got here to hours late. It is not fair. Call everyone back and start the race over so it is fair to me."

Still laughing troll. Not making me mad, but sure have me genuinely laughing out loud.

You really have 1 bil in exp? And you are only ranked 7500? wow. I have half that exp and believe I am ranked 8000 and something. I would have to double my exp to even catch you, which would be another 9+ years for me? And then you would gain more exp which would mean I would never catch you.

And that is only if RS is around in 10 years

17-Oct-2013 23:21:42

8gp

8gp

Posts: 1,454 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
i think jagex should do a whole content rework or even change combat again/minigames
There is allot of content out there that isn't meant for eoc jagex should make that there number one priority to fix.

ONE MORE THING JAGEX NEEDS YES I SAID IT "NEEDS" TO WORK ON ADVERTISING RUNESCAPE. Allot of young gamers out there as im sure would love Runescape.

17-Oct-2013 23:22:29

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445 Back to Top