Forums

Content Poll - Prestige

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445

Wanda

Wanda

Posts: 664 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm a comp caper with 3 skills to 200m xp, I have an overall total xp of 1.5B and I voted YES to the update. People just don't like change... They'd get over it just like any update. I think the Prestige Update would be a great idea! The only thing i'd change is to actually reward the people who already have over 13M xp in a skill. As an example, if someone has 100m fm xp, give them the prestige they would be if they prestiged everytime they got to 99. (100m xp would get prestige 3 or so I guess) Other than that, I love the fact that you can restart to level 1 without creating a new account! Great update and people voting NO to the update are just people who don't like change. Remember... Change in a game is GREAT! It's what makes the game. If there was no change, we'd still be stuck with 07 (many people are still stuck with it).

~Coasteroli4

17-Oct-2013 16:15:22

Caeli Regina
Oct Member 2011

Caeli Regina

Posts: 346 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I voted "Yes" because this is something that I feel should be a goal in some form. I look at this and see the beauty of being able to free up more of the game to high-end players. Those who already have high skills or 99s could reset and play around with low and mid-level content.

The first thing that comes to mind is something like the Nexus, or resetting combat skills then going wild on Goblins in Lumbridge while looking for their Champion's Challenge.

This does sound like something that needs to be tweaked more than just what's in the devblog, though. I would like to have some kind of way to redeem extra XP in a 99. I echo other sentiments earlier in the thread that forcing us to get 13m, 26m, then 39m etc will promote extremely unhealthy playing styles (or even worse, botting just to remain competitive) because the levels are so far apart and require so much more xp.

I think there needs to be some kind of XP ramp for people with prestige. The idea behind 200m people is that they can repeat the high-level content to get those millions of xp; until a prestige'd skill is up to that level again, the XP will be even more painfully slow. I can't imagine trying to prestige something like Runecrafting or Agility and spending double the time on the same activities.

17-Oct-2013 16:18:25

RawrGuardian

RawrGuardian

Posts: 6,349 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Wanda said :
Remember... Change in a game is GREAT! It's what makes the game.
~Coasteroli4

You should also remember....

Negative / Bad Changes can completely destroy a once great society.

You think RS is "Great" when the majority of it's community has abandoned all hope, and left. You remind me of a Tyrant who continues to think his empire is grand after it has collapsed.

17-Oct-2013 16:22:07 - Last edited on 17-Oct-2013 16:25:09 by RawrGuardian

HonkyWrath

HonkyWrath

Posts: 146 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Poosie Kat said :
And I'll stop spamming....when a new direction for runescape is taken because this prestige idea is gonna get scrapped!

I kind of like the classic look of capes, the symbol and color scheme, but I do think the stats need revamped to exceed other capes (excluding max/completionist)

I remember when SOL came out everyone was complaining, I seemed to be the only one who only had an issue with the emotes, which brings me to another improvement to skill capes, the emotes are in terrible need of revamping, getting a 99 should lock in one of the most elaborate emotes available, instead you can spend $5 and summon demons and make fire rings and whatever else.

17-Oct-2013 16:23:16

Slow Light
Nov Member 2023

Slow Light

Posts: 821 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Voted yes, im close to being comped and im already starting to wonder what im gonna do after... i dont feel like continuesly grinding the fastest exp method possible for 200m exp to be ranked 100th or something...

I liked the idea of prestige because it would bring in more variety and change since you start from level 1 you build up again using various training methods which for me is more fun then grinding the same method over and over untill 200m exp which is slowly becoming a common thing compared to what it used to be.

I also think that the prestige system will do good to long abonden unused items in the game.

17-Oct-2013 16:23:50

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445 Back to Top