Sep Member 2011

Ohrty

Posts: 648 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
NO
to 120

YES
to Prestige and
YES
to Gold SINK for SWITCHING (1m(?) per switch to 99)

YES
TO REVOTE (ONLY PLAYERS 6+ YEARS PLAYING TIME CAN VOTE)

BRING BACK 2003-2007 RUNESCAPE AND THE ECONOMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My account was made in Feb of '05

20-Oct-2013 02:45:15

Zooks

Zooks

Posts: 26 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Red Silk Vow said :
Zooks said :

TLDR; I Voted No.

You have roughly the exact same overall as I do, and have completed all quests.

You should be able to get an inventory and BoB full of frost bones in ~7 monkfish worth of heals with most of them dying before they can even orb, while using a shield, less if you actually bother using super sets.

How in the world can you not afford to buy what you need?

How in the world would you not be able to afford what you need, if prices did indeed rise, and you could make even MORE from frost bones, or dragon bones and hides?

Thanks for breaking it down into a matter of just-buy-this and just-do-this as if that's what I really wanted from my game but let me clear it up for you.

Have you forgotten Frost Dragons require 85 Dungeoneering? I don't have that nor am I interested in getting it.

I've played Runescape since 2003 and hold only 100m worth of coins and equipment at most. I've never won the SoF or owned a holiday item of value. I'm not rich and I likely never will be well off as I'd need to be.

Lvl 99 prayer is one of my goals, and at my current experience, and the price of Frost Dragon bones, that'll cost me 233,804,072 gold. Oh how fun. Now lets imagine that doubling. That's 467,608,144 gold. Now imagine this across 3-4 other skills and tell me that's fine.

That is how in the world I can't afford to buy what I need. And no, I'm not going to grind this game. No I'm not going to gamble like so many did to earn their wealth, and NO I'm not going do anything I don't want to do.

If prestige passes, prices will rise, and the bots and grinders will fill their pockets with the gold, but not me. Because I want to enjoy my game and not be a slave to it.

Need I remind you this content is coming to us under the guise that it is optional , but the effects on the market aren't quite so optional as you think.

20-Oct-2013 04:33:52

John Rambo
Dec Member 2021

John Rambo

Posts: 4,898 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I voted yes. Please
DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER RAISING THE MAX SKILL CAP TO 120!!
I want, what they want, and every other guy who came over here and spilled his guts and gave everything he had, wants! For our country to love us as much as we love it! That's what I want!

20-Oct-2013 04:56:35

Rohiit
Jul Member 2023

Rohiit

Posts: 16 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dadizar said :
Some analogies to explain why i voted no for prestige:

If prestige was used in football, the score would be reset at half time to make it fair.

If prestige was used in baseball, the score would be reset at the end of every inning to make it fair.

If prestige was used in basketball, the score would be reset every quarter to make it fair.

If prestige was used in a marathon, times would be reset at every mile marker to make it fair.

Is prestige a serious way to open up competition?

Ahahaha that was really a good joke mate.

20-Oct-2013 05:40:42

bugs life
Dec Member 2016

bugs life

Posts: 21 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I hate how close minded people in Runescape get, Jagex has given the option to prestige and players who do not wish to participate shouldn't. I voted yes because even if the majority of older players who worked hard in the past and want to be lazy now voted 'no' should not mean that they should take away new experiences from new players coming into the game.

20-Oct-2013 05:56:13

Rohiit
Jul Member 2023

Rohiit

Posts: 16 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
bugs life said :
I hate how close minded people in Runescape get, Jagex has given the option to prestige and players who do not wish to participate shouldn't. I voted yes because even if the
majority of older players who worked hard in the past and want to be lazy now voted 'no'
should not mean that they should take away new experiences from new players coming into the game.

True that.

20-Oct-2013 06:00:28

Zhuge Liang
Feb Member 2020

Zhuge Liang

Posts: 199 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have to say this is getting more entertaining by the day.

Here's my opinion. I've been playing since late 04.. I have max total. I have 940m total xp and 200m cooking (which I enjoyed training dearly) I like the idea of this whole prestige thing, even if my 200m cook was reset back to 1 and I wouldn't be gaining any extra "total" xp for it I would probly still do it.. however, I had to vote no simply because of the fact.. its a decent idea with potential but it is not even 1% ready to be released.

I feel if it did come out that it should NOT replace the original highscores.. after all which one was there first? It's been the primary highscores table many many people check daily to compare with others, I don't see why that should have to change because of prestige. Having it as a secondary highscores table in it's own section would be ideal, and honestly that's pretty easy to do, and probly wouldn't even be a problem with anyone voting yes OR no.

I couldn't see myself prestiging every 99 all over again unless there was a serious reward for it. Some skills I would love to prestige even if it meant nothing but the highscore rank, but some skills I just wouldn't even touch because redoing it over again for the potential rewards offered so far (which isn't much is there?) just isn't worth it to me to invest that much of my time again, especially if it's not as enjoyable a second time around.

So I feel like it could work, but serious stuff needs to be worked out among Jagex and the Rs Community aswell, and I'm sure that will take more then just a few weeks.

SO.. until then my vote is no. One thing I can't stand is new content with a bunch of flaws being released. That's just how I feel though. As for everyone else complaining about the results.. that's what a vote is.. everyone votes for their own needs and wants, not for others, unfortunately, but that's the human race for ya.

In conclusion: Good idea, nowhere near ready. Looking forward to what you'll do Jagex.

20-Oct-2013 06:48:10

Colin Chan
Dec Member 2020

Colin Chan

Posts: 161 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
bugs life said :
I hate how close minded people in Runescape get, Jagex has given the option to prestige and players who do not wish to participate shouldn't. I voted yes because even if the majority of older players who worked hard in the past and want to be lazy now voted 'no' should not mean that they should take away new experiences from new players coming into the game.

Its other people's opinion. If they want to vote no, you can't tell them not to vote, because they'll still vote no.

20-Oct-2013 06:54:11

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445 Back to Top