Forums

Content Poll - Prestige

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445

Astralach

Astralach

Posts: 6,228 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ilovearagorn said :
The newspost does not mention you are unable to vote with F2P accounts. Is this intended?

It's probably intended. In the past, free players could vote in all polls, but then the website was redesigned and we were left with quick polls that didn't even require voters to log in. The first indication that free players had been disenfranchised came with the Divination skillcape poll. At the time, I presumed that this was the case so as to avoid the confused that the veteran cape poll resulted in. However, it appears that this is now the norm. It is a sad day for free players :(
RGU | CLF | FGU | Ninja | EGC | Premier | General

17-Oct-2013 10:58:51

Pox

Pox

Posts: 15 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I voted yes - I could see there being lots of complications, but it seemed to me like a really elegantly worked-out solution and the bottom line of it was that it was a harmless bit of e-peen for those who want it, stimulates the high-scores, and doesn't force anyone to do it if they don't want to - 99 is still 99, capes are still capes, 200mill is still 200mill.

Full disclosure = I don't even have a 99 yet, so feel free to ignore me as a nubbins ;)

17-Oct-2013 10:59:08

Mr Omer

Mr Omer

Posts: 770 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
What I believe is that there should be no limit of exp rather than introducing the prestige system.(Meaning than players can train above 200M exp and can have as much exp as they want). This would also finish the problem of the first person winning the race to 200M exp and being rank 1.

Moreover, you guys can also further increase the level from 99 till 120(or above), if you guys don't like the idea of finishing the limit of exp.

P.S I appreciate that you guys are allowing players to vote to decide whether the content should be implemented :)

Please reply to this message. Jmod never reply to my messages :@

17-Oct-2013 10:59:26

Was Zeus

Was Zeus

Posts: 22,388 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
A big NO from me, horrible idea ZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZE

17-Oct-2013 11:02:00

Mod Crow

Mod Crow

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Mr Omer said :
Moreover, you guys can also further increase the level from 99 till 120(or above), if you guys don't like the idea of finishing the limit of exp.

The potential issue with raising the skillcap is that could essentially dominate game development for a long time. There would have to be a whole load of new content for each and every skill to not only make levelling worthwhile but also to make it fun.

17-Oct-2013 11:02:16

Jollyscout
Jan Member 2008

Jollyscout

Posts: 3,347 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Although I don't level for competition in the highscores and prestige wouldn't impact my game a whole lot, I voted No.

I voted No, because if it is implemented the way it was described in the dev blog and if I would decide to prestige. I would want all the xp I gathered to go towards my new level (this means any xp over 99 before I decided to prestige too).

The way it is described it would mean that if I got an effigy I would have to switch back to my 99 and the xp wouldn't go towards the new level. I wouldn't be able to assist anyone without switching back either and thus missing out on xp towards my new level again. If that was addressed then I might vote Yes towards prestiging.
A Jolly Scout

17-Oct-2013 11:02:54 - Last edited on 17-Oct-2013 11:05:01 by Jollyscout

Protato Loki
Nov Member 2011

Protato Loki

Posts: 64 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ezavell said :

I am not a fan of having to grind skills that are of no benefit in game except to gain a place on the high scores.
I ask you how it will revive things like mobilizing armies?
Cosmetic over rides for a skill like construction doesn't entice me at all when all it would involve is billions of gp and making mahogany tables, when they could simply improve the skill and make it more usefull eg. chaotic weapon racks in poh.
I was under the impression that people grind skills to gain an in game edge not a cosmetic over ride.
That is a few reasons why i voted no!

Cosmetics I only mentioned because you were talking about stars on your cape.
Dead mini-games are another beast entirely, but in my opinion that's something which is part "players" their fault. Also the fact that people have high-level items to their use without any requirements, but yea that's another thing for another time.

I don't like grinding for no reason either, that's why I think having more levels, be it prestige or just more levels, past 99 is a good thing.
Past level 99 right now, grinding or playing for an in-game edge no longer exists.

Apart from that you're leaving the impression like they will release this update and then stop updating the game because players have all the old-content in the world to do again. That's something that they weren't planning to do. They have more than 1 team creating stuff at a time.

Oh well each their own opinion ;)
I've been playing for a while and still am a pleb

17-Oct-2013 11:04:18

Pox

Pox

Posts: 15 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ezavell said :
It would make me happy if you guys rewarded people for their achievements already with either a star on their cape for every 20 mil xp that runs down the trim part of the skill cape (5 down each side for 200 mil xp)
I would also like to thank you guys for listening to peoples concerns on forums and taking it to a poll.

Eza

I voted yes for prestige, but support the above as a small bonus for those who already have their 200mill :)

17-Oct-2013 11:05:17

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445 Back to Top