Forums

Content Poll - Prestige

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445

youusdf

youusdf

Posts: 677 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It's great to see a poll like this but after seeing the first thread on it I can already seeing the outcome as being a no.
Would be rather disappointing to see it as a no because I really like the idea :)

My vote has been cast and I hope the outcome for the poll is good :)

17-Oct-2013 10:37:21

Mod Crow

Mod Crow

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Jetthewyvern said :
If, as you say in your post, this is aimed at higher level accounts, why are the requirements to vote so lax?

Whilst Prestige would have the most appeal to high levels it is a big enough update that it would have some impact on all levels. The vote requirements ensure that the majority of the community can have their say.

17-Oct-2013 10:38:16

Vastia

Vastia

Posts: 760 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
. This is the only way to encourage gameplay without causing too much addiction.Without this the game will eventually reach a dead end. Raising skill caps isn't a solution; it only extends the expiry date.

17-Oct-2013 10:38:36 - Last edited on 17-Oct-2013 10:40:54 by Vastia

Mod Crow

Mod Crow

youusdf said :
It's great to see a poll like this but after seeing the first thread on it I can already seeing the outcome as being a no.
Would be rather disappointing to see it as a no because I really like the idea :)

My vote has been cast and I hope the outcome for the poll is good :)

Even if the Community decides against this suggestion for Prestige our developers will still be looking at ways of giving players more accomplishments and things to do in future. Just perhaps not in this format.

17-Oct-2013 10:39:19

Mod Jack

Mod Jack

Jetthewyvern said :
If, as you say in your post, this is aimed at higher level accounts, why are the requirements to vote so lax?

We're going to track and analyse the patterns in the voting.

Say the vote passes, but the overwhelming majority of high level players vote against it. We'd take that into account when deciding how to implement it.

17-Oct-2013 10:39:40

Ilovearagorn

Ilovearagorn

Posts: 1,694 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I've voted no because I think this is a lame solution. Jagex correctly determines there are an enormous amount of maxed players. In my eyes this is because they've made the game too easy by frequently handing out large amounts of gp and xp.

Their solution to be able to reset a level to 1 and max it again is weak imo. After all, you've already reached your lvl 99 goal: what is the challenge to do the exact same thing again? It's easier, even if your first 99 was reached with the sof bonusses and other junk already in place. Is it difficult to get 99 slayer with maxed combat stats? No. Is it difficult to get 99 prayer if you already have 500m sitting in your bank anyway? No.

On top of that, because the high leveled players are being forced back to the low resources, new players are put at an unfair disadvantage. Normal logs will rise in price because they are once again needed for fletch and fm.

The seasonal highscores are a better option in my eyes. They give the maxed players something to do, en because it is temporary you don't do the same stupid thing for months on end.

Personally I'd say: if you're maxed on rs3, go do it again on OSRS. There the xp rates are still what they should be. Or make a new account and set yourself the challenge of not using the GE. Something like that. Something that makes it more difficult, not easier.

17-Oct-2013 10:39:50 - Last edited on 17-Oct-2013 10:40:19 by Ilovearagorn

Astralach

Astralach

Posts: 6,228 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Crow said :
Jetthewyvern said :

Whilst Prestige would have the most appeal to high levels it is a big enough update that it would have some impact on all levels. The vote requirements ensure that the majority of the community can have their say.

It isn't mentioned in the first post, but one must also be a member in order to vote.
RGU | CLF | FGU | Ninja | EGC | Premier | General

17-Oct-2013 10:40:37

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445 Back to Top