Forums

Content Poll - Prestige

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445

JackScape
Dec Member 2023

JackScape

Posts: 1,376 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Jack said :
That's already in development as a separate project. It was what the live "Seasonal High Scores" were supposed to be, but there were severe technical problems with doing it with skills. To my knowledge, those technical problems have now been resolved.

I then feel the need to ask... Why prestige?

The main reason stated in its proposal was to create a level playing field on the highscores; Something that would only last in the short-term and cause a multitude of other complexities in the process. XP-tracking highscores are a truly level playing field with none of the negative repercussions of a prestige system.

So why is prestige even a thing that's still being considered? If it's strictly for the repeat-content aspect, that's understandable enough, but it really should be stated as such. The highscores reasoning that was provided is faulty, misleading, and - at this point - irrelevant.

That said, xp-tracking highscores will be awesome. I'm legitimately excited to hear that they're in the works.

17-Oct-2013 12:36:54

Storukas

Storukas

Posts: 669 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I voted NO because this is useless and adds nothing to gaming experience. Replaying same levels over and over again? lol?
Update skills, make them actually useful and spend your money for better things, not this useless crap just because you don't know how to make some of skills actually worth training.
Ty, have a good day.

17-Oct-2013 12:44:39

Mr RobinHood

Mr RobinHood

Posts: 2,615 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This is so disappointing, many of the players, did not even read the blog but heard negative feed back from those with high XP.......

This prestige system was EXCELLENT, the problem is these selfish idiots will never vote for a prestige system unless it in someway incorporates the current XP they had already made, toward it.

Compromise: Since the only semi-valid argument against prestige is they will feel like their hard work from previous was for nothing, why not allow the amount of XP a player had before prestiging the first time to be displayed on his skill cape or whatever cosmetic item.

Please don't scrap this system, it was a great idea! Would have helped the economy, promoted fair play in a world relatively bot free, while providing nothing more then cosmetic benefits!?!? Everybody wins, unfortunately not everybody reads :(
\\ \\ \\_________|`›¸ ............Sir.RôbiñHôôd ......... ¸‹´|_______// // //
// // //¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯|¸‹´ ......200 Mîll Räñgé XP ....... `›¸|¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\\ \\ \\

17-Oct-2013 12:46:49

Was Zeus

Was Zeus

Posts: 22,388 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It's no surprise that a lot of people that support the concept haven't achieved much on their accounts ZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZE

17-Oct-2013 12:48:48

Mr RobinHood

Mr RobinHood

Posts: 2,615 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Storukas said :
I voted NO because this is useless and adds nothing to gaming experience. Replaying same levels over and over again? lol?
Update skills, make them actually useful and spend your money for better things, not this useless crap just because you don't know how to make some of skills actually worth training.
Ty, have a good day.

Look another "I don't want to do it, so it shouldn't be here" ---- awesome, bet you were glad we didn't do that when it came to 07 scape
\\ \\ \\_________|`›¸ ............Sir.RôbiñHôôd ......... ¸‹´|_______// // //
// // //¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯|¸‹´ ......200 Mîll Räñgé XP ....... `›¸|¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\\ \\ \\

17-Oct-2013 12:49:58

Pietras92
Feb Member 2023

Pietras92

Posts: 482 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Holy jesus, i'm surprised. Jagex actualy ask us what do we want? This is a miracle but hey you ask us and we have 70% ppl voted no to your great idea, i wonder what would happend if that kind of pull would be out before eoc.

Anyways thanks for poll. Seriously though, ask us before you enter your "great idea" to the game

17-Oct-2013 12:52:46

Storukas

Storukas

Posts: 669 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mr RobinHood said :
Storukas said :
Ty, have a good day.

Look another "I don't want to do it, so it shouldn't be here" ---- awesome, bet you were glad we didn't do that when it came to 07 scape

Look smartass, I just stated my opinion and I don't give a flying **** you'd like or not.
Have better arguments, go on, spit it out.
Results already telling what majority of people want, so you can safely go to hell.

17-Oct-2013 12:53:08

Arx
Sep Member 2006

Arx

Posts: 697 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I do not like the current prestige system at all because it essentially starts you back at square one and just makes it even more difficult. So if you suddenly can't afford the time or gold to get that 99 again, then 'sucks to be you.'

I would think it would be better to cap the levels' potential multipliers (How well defense defends in combat, strength increases damage, prayer lasts, etc.) at 99 and then allow the level to exceed past 99 superficially. That or show the level 99 cap with a parenthesized prestige level next to it, such as 99 (107) and you could even allow the possibility of short-term boosting from your prestige level. Another option, similar to the previous, is adding a parenthesized prestige level addition as 99 (+8) instead of 99 (107). Then features, such as quick chat, could exclaim "I am currently level 99 magic and I have 8 prestige levels." or something along that effect.

In short, I would like to see prestige as an addition to your actual level. Allow players to keep their current progress, but instead of capping at 99, allow a superficial continuation to leveling so they can better appreciate their hard work.

I understand that prestige was considered to supplement the 200M experience cap in a sense, but perhaps you can find a way to do so without harming the actual level earned initially. I have multiple 99s and, while I would like to continue my progress, I don't want to lose the very thing I worked so hard for. 99 prayer? I don't want to drop my prayer points back to 1/1 again.

Please consider this in your evaluation of prestige.
With great hopes and high ambitions,
Arx
the Billionaire
, leader of
Citadel

@RSArx

17-Oct-2013 12:53:12 - Last edited on 03-Apr-2015 18:35:58 by Arx

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445 Back to Top