Forums

Content Poll - Prestige

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445

Marvz

Marvz

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I really hope this gets 75% in yes votes, it will give runescape this much needed refresher. I'm just worried the people voting don't know what it means for the future of the game, and the majority of them are voting no.

17-Oct-2013 12:23:10

JackScape
Dec Member 2023

JackScape

Posts: 1,376 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Jack said :
I don't think we'd implement 120 skills without a poll of its own. There's internal disagreement over whether "most players want it" or "most players don't want it" which is exactly the sort of thing a poll is useful for.

Glad to hear. I suppose I wouldn't have any room to protest 120 skills if it was polled and reached a majority. In that respect, it would truly be what the (existing) players want and therefor likely to aid the health of the game. I would still expect it to be a large deterrent to new players as well as some veterans even if a majority supported it, but I'd have to trust the majority against myself and my own interests. Maybe such outrageous xp-reqs to max would actually shift the playerbase away from the grind-mind? Take us back to a time when maxing a skill was special and maxing them all is unexpected? It seemed to work well in a past stage of RuneScape's life.

Those are some big maybes though. The past is the past and players are set in their ways. It'd be a gamble for sure, but at least it'd be one that we take as a collective.

17-Oct-2013 12:24:49

JackScape
Dec Member 2023

JackScape

Posts: 1,376 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Astralach said :
Ezavell said :
Astralach said :
Wacky Farmer said :
make a pop up screen when log in with x option not show again so people who never read front page have chance to read/vote

Please consider this suggestion, it could result in a far greater turnout.

i agree

Can you please implement this, Mod Jack?

Signal boosting this.

17-Oct-2013 12:27:34

Daro Rs

Daro Rs

Posts: 29 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
JackScape said :
Voting no to this for the same reason I would vote no to level 120 skills; Maxing out takes long enough. I've been playing over a decade for more hours a day than I care to admit and I'm still a ways off.

I understand the importance of keeping maxed players entertained, but making the endgame even more excessively long (120 skills) or essentially endless (prestige)... Imagine that from a newbie's perspective. What's the point of sticking with a game if it's going to take decades to max out at any casual pace? We have a hard enough time keeping new players as it is! They already look at what's out there and think "there's no way I'm ever going to reach the endgame, so why even keep playing".

EXTENDING SKILLS, OPTIONAL PRESTIGE OR 120 EXPANSION, WILL KILL THIS GAME.

Prestige would have this affect far less than 120 skills since it would essentially be 'extra', but still a pressure to level - specifically for long-term players like me who have had a hard enough time trying to max. The pressure to prestige would be there and I would sooner say "forget it" and quit playing.

Prestige will lose you veterans.
120 skills will lose you new players.

Just focus on quests or something for EVERYBODY'S sake.

Fully agree with you. :)

17-Oct-2013 12:28:35

Mace Brown

Mace Brown

Posts: 1,110 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thanks for the opportunity to vote on this.

I voted "no" for two (completely subjective / personal) reasons.

First is that when "oldschool RS" came out I thought it might be funny to start through fresh on some skills, it turned out to be not (for me); the thrill and focus of something you strive for the first time isn't there if you follow the same and well-known path again (and again, and again ...).

The second and more important is that RS is a multiplayer online game. For me a lot of the fun during my first steps here was that people played together. As of now (even though it may be just my impression) it feels more like players just skill next to each other. Prestige would turn Runescape even more from a "lets play" to a "lets skill" - platform, where skilling is done just for the purpose of getting levels and ranks, not for the achievements lying within the skill and for the possibility to be able to use them in the game.

I think there are other ways to add goals high level players can go for if they feel like there's nothing left to do for them.

Best regards,
Mace

17-Oct-2013 12:34:36

Eddie Body

Eddie Body

Posts: 888 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Crow said :
Midget Luva said :
i also voted no, because why even bring in a level system we already got one just bring in a new boss or other stuff that we want and not a stupid little prestige system like come on

Don't forget that content like this doesn't effect your regular game updates. We have various different teams at Jagex all working on different things and so Prestige wouldn't have any effect on getting new bosses, quests and so on.

Vote no.

1. Your micro transactions have rendered high scores meaningless. More real life cash you spend the more high scores you get.

2. Your efforts and resources are wasted on this item, if it's ''no big deal'' either way, they why are you investing in low priority content? This item hardly qualifies as ''content.''

3. Rather than ''design'' this nonsense you should have focused on correcting and solving the swarm of bugs, glitches and flaws that are plaguing the existing game content.

4. Disband this ''design team'' currently assigned to this poor excuse for ''content'' and reassign them to something more productive, such as fixing all these flaws you have ignored for months already.

17-Oct-2013 12:34:45

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445 Back to Top