Forums

Content Poll - Prestige

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445

Tw Darkflame

Tw Darkflame

Posts: 105 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Gonio said :
From what I've gathered from other people is this:

Stop making extremely low lvl content (novice quests, low lvl training, ect)
Stop making extremely high lvl content (grandmaster quests, higher lvl training, 'hardest boss monsters ever to walk the face of RS, ect)

and actually make the core content worthwhile!

FIX WHAT IS ALREADY THERE!

You mean by allowing players to play the game at both high and low levels, thus fixing both problems you mentioned?

Everyones at different levels, no ones ever going to be happy with the amount of content made for their specific level.
By at least letting the highest level players re-play over the game, it creates more demand for mid and low-level quests.

Critically, it does this with zero development effort - and dosnt take anything whatsoever away from lower and mid players.

17-Oct-2013 11:29:55

Mod Jack

Mod Jack

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Astralach said :
This is a little off topic, but do you have any ideas as to how long this poll will run for? A week? A fortnight? A month? Until your data shows that X% of eligible players have voted?

It gives a closing date on the poll I believe.

17-Oct-2013 11:32:42

Gonio

Gonio

Posts: 2,965 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tw Darkflame said :
Logicaly, item demand would go up proportionately to where the players are....at least till people are "spread out" over their level looping.
So, a low level burst in demand, followed by a less mid one, followed by even less demand increase for top items. As a few years pass this would even out....but demand for all items should stay higher as there is more "activity".

I dont see any negative effect of this. All seems (economically) positive to me.

A positive economy does not lead to positive reactions in people. The best plan is usually in the creamy center of the argument (whether its a positive or negative affect on the economy).

17-Oct-2013 11:32:49 - Last edited on 17-Oct-2013 11:47:05 by Gonio

Cold Bowl

Cold Bowl

Posts: 2,308 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Jack said :
Tyleralp 1 said :
Jagex, I sincerely admire your judgement in this area. I thank you for giving the community and opportunity to decide if an update comes into the game, similar to that of 2007 Runescape.

I do have to ask though, will this be a regular occurrence for EOC? This is clearly effective in oldschool RS, therefore I see no reason as to why it shouldn't be done on this server. You could even put forward potential ideas and how they would work before development even begins to save on potentially wasted time.

Having this, would ensure that the game is the players, and that you show some added maturity by listening to the active, and paying members of your game. And then, it would rightfully be, "The Year of the Players"

It's complicated.

Part of the reason RSOS are able to operate in the way they can is that their development costs are much lower so they have far more ability to wing it. (I'm not claiming they don't work very, very hard!)

On RS3 updates take a lot of time for a lot of people and development starts months in advance. There are sheer logistical problems with implementing regular polls. Some might be addressable, but some are insurmountable.

It also depends on the manner of the content. Prestiging isn't really a "content" update as such, it's a change to the rules of the game. As such it makes sense to be as open and informative as possible from as early as possible. With something like a quest or even many skilling updates, being this open and informative would effectively spoil the content months in advance of it going in the game and leave people with nothing to look forward to after all that development effort.

Do consider that one of the most succesful content in this game, is made based on the liking of the community: Runespan. It was voted for at Runefest 2011 and it well made Runecrafting bearable and just nice.

17-Oct-2013 11:33:04

Astralach

Astralach

Posts: 6,228 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Jack said :
With something like a quest or even many skilling updates, being this open and informative would effectively spoil the content months in advance of it going in the game and leave people with nothing to look forward to after all that development effort.

I beg to differ. The dwarves/gnomes/pirates poll, which ultimately resulted in Birthright of the Dwarves , was relatively informative yet still left players with a lot to look forward to :)

Of course, a poll about future game content such as quests could never be as open and informative poll.
RGU | CLF | FGU | Ninja | EGC | Premier | General

17-Oct-2013 11:33:31 - Last edited on 17-Oct-2013 11:34:18 by Astralach

Tw Darkflame

Tw Darkflame

Posts: 105 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
[quote id=294-295-289-65183445-94-328172787][quote id=294-295-289-65183445-88-328172755] [quote id=294-295-289-65183445-79-328172721]make a pop up screen when log in with x option not show again so people who never read front page have chance to read/vote[/quote] I hope that this is a possibility too ;)[/quote] Thirded. Democracy is great, but its far better if you can get feedback from most players....not just those most passionate one way or the other. That said...maybe the message only pops up for those above a certain level?

17-Oct-2013 11:34:17

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445 Back to Top