Forums

Content Poll - Prestige

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445

JackScape
Dec Member 2023

JackScape

Posts: 1,376 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Voting no to this for the same reason I would vote no to level 120 skills; Maxing out takes long enough. I've been playing over a decade for more hours a day than I care to admit and I'm still a ways off.

I understand the importance of keeping maxed players entertained, but making the endgame even more excessively long (120 skills) or essentially endless (prestige)... Imagine that from a newbie's perspective. What's the point of sticking with a game if it's going to take decades to max out at any casual pace? We have a hard enough time keeping new players as it is! They already look at what's out there and think "there's no way I'm ever going to reach the endgame, so why even keep playing".

EXTENDING SKILLS, OPTIONAL PRESTIGE OR 120 EXPANSION, WILL KILL THIS GAME.

Prestige would have this affect far less than 120 skills since it would essentially be 'extra', but still a pressure to level - specifically for long-term players like me who have had a hard enough time trying to max. The pressure to prestige would be there and I would sooner say "forget it" and quit playing.

Prestige will lose you veterans.
120 skills will lose you new players.

Just focus on quests or something for EVERYBODY'S sake.

17-Oct-2013 11:36:02

Gonio

Gonio

Posts: 2,965 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tw Darkflame said :
Gonio said :
From what I've gathered from other people is this:

Stop making extremely low lvl content (novice quests, low lvl training, ect)
Stop making extremely high lvl content (grandmaster quests, higher lvl training, 'hardest boss monsters ever to walk the face of RS, ect)

and actually make the core content worthwhile!

FIX WHAT IS ALREADY THERE!

You mean by allowing players to play the game at both high and low levels, thus fixing both problems you mentioned?

Everyones at different levels, no ones ever going to be happy with the amount of content made for their specific level.
By at least letting the highest level players re-play over the game, it creates more demand for mid and low-level quests.

Critically, it does this with zero development effort - and dosnt take anything whatsoever away from lower and mid players.

People using this system would most likely already have the low-mid lvl quests already done, and nothing has been said about being able to redo those quests. I also agree that not everyone will be happy about all the content being released, but if those who have already invested the time still had a slight advantage on the highscores over those who just reached a 99 rather than both 'starting from scratch' there would probably be a different outcome on the poll. It sort of like when they released the loyalty program, where those who have already been loyal and had membership got treated the same as those who just started their membership.

17-Oct-2013 11:38:56

KLT
Jun Member 2019

KLT

Posts: 1,016 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Gonio said :
From what I've gathered from other people is this:

Stop making extremely low lvl content (novice quests, low lvl training, ect)
Stop making extremely high lvl content (grandmaster quests, higher lvl training, 'hardest boss monsters ever to walk the face of RS, ect)

and actually make the core content worthwhile!

FIX WHAT IS ALREADY THERE!
fix abandoned minigames, make more mid lvl monsters, make already in place items useful, and make more quests experienced/master rather than on both ends of the spectrum.

What is considered "high" level content and what is considered "low" level... they kinda go hand in hand... cuz them being too "high" or too "low" is more of an opinion... Maybe a more appropriate suggestion is to better the rewards for the higher end... and/or maybe making dead content monsters aimed at the people that could benefit from what they have to offer... and for dead content minigames a lot of the pvp ones are abandoned because of combat system...
For example-Fog no incentive because it used to be heavily used for free magic xp, which air staff gives now... added with the items are dead content... wouldn't be able to tell you how game-play is there, its been dead content as long as I can remember

17-Oct-2013 11:41:10 - Last edited on 17-Oct-2013 11:44:04 by KLT

Tw Darkflame

Tw Darkflame

Posts: 105 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Gonio said :
Tw Darkflame said :
Logicaly, item demand would go up proportionately to where the players are....at least till people are "spread out" over their level looping.
So, a low level burst in demand, followed by a less mid one, followed by even less demand increase for top items. As a few years pass this would even out....but demand for all items should stay higher as there is more "activity".

I dont see any negative effect of this. All seems (economically) positive to me.

A positive economy does not lead to positive reactions in people. Look at America irl right now... Both extremes are hated by the majority of the people right now over the 'debt ceiling' debate. Which goes to show, the best plan is usually in the creamy center of the argument (whether its a positive or negative affect on the economy).

err...offtopic a bit, but the current american shutdown is due to philosophical healthcare disagreements. The debt ceiling is just being used as a hostage to get the AFC act repealed.

That said, that only reinforces what you said - pure economic arguments are seldom
why people vote.

Someone at the start mentioned the danger of addiction, for example, which is probably a fairly important point for many people.

17-Oct-2013 11:41:46

Cold Bowl

Cold Bowl

Posts: 2,308 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Cold Bowl said :
Maybe think about releasing 120 skills virtually. That doesn't force you to train them because they offer no real reward, but you will be able to see (maybe toggle) your skills as such:

Attack: 101/99

What do you think about that as a possibility? Also maybe make a 120 cape with level 99 stats if people do reach 120 virtually.

17-Oct-2013 11:44:22

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445 Back to Top