Forums

Content Poll - Prestige

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445

LA Litness
Jan Member 2011

LA Litness

Posts: 41 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Final Bane said :
Which is exactly the biggest problem of the system. It devalues any xp past 99, no matter how significant the amount. If I'm at 176M fishing xp (I'm actually almost 176.5M), why should someone who gets a flat 13034431 xp for 99 be remotely near the rank I'm at? And if they prestige, they'd automatically PASS me, despite the fact that I've accumulated over 10x the xp that they've gotten?

Obviously to make it fair they would have to add the experience that players have already earned into the new system. For example, if you chose to prestige then you would automatically go to the prestige that your experience past 99 allows for. In your case, this would be prestige 4 (about halfway to prestige 5 at approximately 195m total experience). Either way, you maintain the appropriate rank for how much experience you had. This isn't an entirely fair transition because the experience you earned past level 99 was presumably at the fastest and highest experience rates earned in that respective skill, in contrast to the experience being earned at lower rates at lower levels in the prestige system. However, there really isn't a better fix so I personally would accept this conversion.

The point of prestige is to make it possible to become the best player in a skill if you truly are the best player in that skill. If someone started playing in 2010 and took 3 years to reach 200m experience, and I started playing in 2013 and took 1 year to reach 200m experience, then I would be the better player because I reached the 200m 3 times faster than him. But in the current system, I would be ranked lower despite being the better player. This is the true fix that prestige makes.

It also facilitates higher- and lower-leveled player interaction at lower-leveled training areas. Who knows, maybe it will even cause a heightened sense of community?

18-Oct-2013 01:19:03 - Last edited on 18-Oct-2013 01:55:51 by LA Litness

Thundercats
Jul Member 2014

Thundercats

Posts: 1,351 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Player A has 200m Fishing xp

Player B has 13m Fishing xp

Player A wakes up one day to find that Player B has surpassed them in rank because of their prestige level....But hey, at least they're on the relic that we will call the "original" high scores.

I have plenty of 13m xp skills. I'm a minimalist. I wouldn't feel right being ranked ahead of my 200m xp buds. Give us another completionist cape trim to work on...
Owner -- Fast Sc

18-Oct-2013 01:19:40

ZepLaHire

ZepLaHire

Posts: 299 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
IDK why does every yes voter think that no voters don't know what it's all about... I've read the whole stuff, and I voted no (fk me right?...). And no, not because the highscore thing, I dont give a single **** about the highscores TBH. I voted no, Jagex not supposed to reward nolifeing on this level (even with overrides, titles, etc...). Player A, who can't nolife as much as player B, could feel that he never can earn those rewards , because actually he have a life, and cant play 24/7. I think the basic idea is not so bad, but in its current form, unacceptable (for me). And funny stuff, but many supporter not even reached his first 99, or just 1-2.
Rewards at 20m, 30m, and 40m xp would be good (and reachabe!!! for the average rsplayer), but an infinite prestigeing system is just bad guys**** needs an end game(particulalry for the competitive-type palyer), and with this, our end game is dead.
I respect the yes voter's opinion, and I dont know why they are angry at us, but dont think that your vote worth more than ours. As the poll show, the majority of players don't want this update. Everyone have they own opinion, and you have no right to question our views.
Edit: And if you want to compete again, you can make an another account any time you want.
BANG

18-Oct-2013 01:20:17

Thundercats
Jul Member 2014

Thundercats

Arguably a player that had 200m xp 6 years ago probably used more difficult methods with less xp per hour. That means no bxp weekend, no effigies, no squeal of fortune, no barbarian horn, no sacred clay etc. Also once you hit 200m xp, you can't surpass that so that means that said player spent the last 6 years not doing anything (twiddling their thumbs waiting for the update).

The player that got to 200m xp first deserves to be #1 on the high scores in that skill. nuff said.
Owner -- Fast Sc

18-Oct-2013 01:24:07 - Last edited on 18-Oct-2013 01:24:24 by Thundercats

Wyndd Walker
Dec Member 2021

Wyndd Walker

Posts: 522 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Seeker said :
Wyndd Walker said :
Have you mentioned whether f2p accounts can vote?

It's members only.

F2p accounts are a part of that 'online' number. Often there are more people playing on f2p than on member servers.

Soooo, that is another part of the total added to the OSRS and lobby numbers out of the 40k who are currently online. Are there REALLY more than 15k members online currently? Only jagex knows...

18-Oct-2013 01:29:26 - Last edited on 18-Oct-2013 01:30:45 by Wyndd Walker

Thundercats
Jul Member 2014

Thundercats

LA Litness said :

The point of prestige is to make it possible to become the best player in a skill if you truly are the best player in that skill. If someone started playing in 2010 and took 3 years to reach 200m experience, and I started playing in 2013 and took 1 year to reach 200m experience, then I would be the better player because I reached the 200m 3 times faster than him. But in the current system, I would be ranked lower despite bein

But perhaps the reason it took 3 years instead of 1 year is the xp rates are 3 times better now than they were then? Who's to say anyone did more work than anyone else.

I got 99 agility at ape atoll without a horn. Now people have pendants, horns and advanced course, not to mention dailies. I would argue I could get 99 in weeks instead of months now with the current agility advantages.
Owner -- Fast Sc

18-Oct-2013 01:29:27 - Last edited on 18-Oct-2013 01:31:05 by Thundercats

LA Litness
Jan Member 2011

LA Litness

Thundercats said :
Arguably a player that had 200m xp 6 years ago probably used more difficult methods with less xp per hour. That means no bxp weekend, no effigies, no squeal of fortune, no barbarian horn, no sacred clay etc. Also once you hit 200m xp, you can't surpass that so that means that said player spent the last 6 years not doing anything (twiddling their thumbs waiting for the update).

The player that got to 200m xp first deserves to be #1 on the high scores in that skill. nuff said.

Probably true, but like I said there is no perfect fix to this situation. But why should a player be penalized for being younger or starting to play later than one who maxed in 2006? That doesn't seem fair either, and the original players who had maxed at 200m would already be at prestige 5 if Jagex decides to transfer existing experience past 99 so if they wanted to come back and "defend" their rank, they could do so (even utilizing the faster experience rates present in RS3).

18-Oct-2013 01:30:20 - Last edited on 18-Oct-2013 01:56:21 by LA Litness

LA Litness
Jan Member 2011

LA Litness

Thundercats said :
LA Litness said :

The point of prestige is to make it possible to become the best player in a skill if you truly are the best player in that skill. If someone started playing in 2010 and took 3 years to reach 200m experience, and I started playing in 2013 and took 1 year to reach 200m experience, then I would be the better player because I reached the 200m 3 times faster than him. But in the current system, I would be ranked lower despite bein

But perhaps the reason it took 3 years instead of 1 year is the xp rates are 3 times better now than they were then? Who's to say anyone did more work than anyone else.

I got 99 agility at ape atoll without a horn. Now people have pendants, horns and advanced course, not to mention dailies.

See my previous post. There is no perfect system, but this would be better than what we have now.

18-Oct-2013 01:31:19 - Last edited on 18-Oct-2013 01:56:51 by LA Litness

Quick find code: 294-295-289-65183445 Back to Top