Let's talk about Elon Musk!

Quick find code: 23-24-842-66266218

mr togue
Sep Member 2020

mr togue

Posts: 6,957 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
f a k e news said :
Modern day Einstein

totally intrigued by your post care to expand on it?

if its a joke...well its awesome cause its truly on so many high level of high intelligence so much respect to you

if its a insult against me just say so... i will not report you and i will not attack you for this ,,, honest,,, ( i hope my reputation would prove this i can take full criticism and i dont believe in people reporting people for minor infractions of the rules of the board,, )

if its a compliment . which is how i read it ..... thanks bro

but being who i am ... i thought i would ask you to clarify,

11-Mar-2023 21:42:50 - Last edited on 11-Mar-2023 23:44:38 by mr togue

Joel
Feb
fmod Member

Joel

Forum Moderator Posts: 32,973 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
mr togue said :
@joel...

Not sure what we're debating at this point, I've literally said, and I quote:
Joel said :
However to a certain extent, yes, a business owner has the right (within the applicable laws) to let go who they deem necessary.

That's literally at the heart of this back and forth. However, there's a balance to be had, hence why there's labour laws to offer certain levels of protection to workers. Outside of that, an employer has every right to let go whoever they deem fit, whenever they deem fit.
Joel

Need support? Support Centre | Forum Help

12-Mar-2023 00:13:52 - Last edited on 12-Mar-2023 00:14:01 by Joel

mr togue
Sep Member 2020

mr togue

@joel

i siad i disagree with your accessment,,

you siad "mr togue, I don't think any reasonable and decent person would be in support of employers having the ultimate and unaccountable right to terminate any employee at any time, for any reason regardless of performance. There are varying degrees of labour laws in place (depending on the region) for that very reason, to ensure there's some level of protection for workers so businesses and corporations who care about their bottom line, not individuals can't just do what they want without accountability"

i disagree with you,,, if a boss wants you gone you will be gone you can argue if its fair but the simple fact is you will be arguing that issue from the outside of the company property,it does not matter if it hurts the bottom line or not that person would not be working there ever again,,, plain and simple.

as for you saying
"In regards to the recent outburst, I feel terrible for Halli to have to defend himself in a public space because Twitter's HR and senior management can't even send out termination letters, regardless of the reason. Add another layer of his disability which Musk pretty much made light of and mocked is absolutely not OK and I'm sure Musk's apology was down to his legal team mitigating a lawsuit! Even then, he seemed to blame his outburst on others and not taking accountability himself "

i have not spoken about this man or to any comments made by others in this conversation yet you are directing this to me,,,, so i ask why are you trying to school me about some thing i have not spoken about?

12-Mar-2023 15:05:28

Joel
Feb
fmod Member

Joel

Forum Moderator Posts: 32,973 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
mr togue said :
i disagree with you,,, if a boss wants you gone you will be gone you can argue if its fair but the simple fact is you will be arguing that issue from the outside of the company property

You can disagree with whatever you want. :) I'm basing my remarks on the varying degrees of labour laws that exist in countless regions around the world. While a business and business owner has every right to hire and fire who they so choose, those actions need to be within the boundaries of the law and labour laws should exist as they serve a very meaningful and important purpose.

mr togue said :
i have not spoken about this man or to any comments made by others in this conversation yet you are directing this to me

That wasn't directed at you, it was just following on from the most recent ongoing discussion everyone else in the thread was having so I was adding my two cents in on that. Anyway, that's besides the point.

The bottom line is, when Musk took over he very messily upended everything, letting people go etc etc to which there was much criticism over (as shown in earlier posts in this thread) but he was within his right to hire who he wants regardless. The recent discussion was based around a more recent event which you evidently aren't fully aware of yet.

So again - not sure what we're really disagreeing on, unless in fact you believe labour laws should be abolished with businesses and corporations being allowed to do whatever they want and treat employees however they want - to which I would say yes, we fundamentally disagree. :)
Joel

Need support? Support Centre | Forum Help

12-Mar-2023 15:59:24

mr togue
Sep Member 2020

mr togue

i am saying labor laws ,,, only after the person has been fired ... come into play

but the reality is no matter how the laws play out,,, that person will not return to the company as a employee,,

now there are exceptions ,,, but i am not discussing a
"what IF" or in this "special event moments,," scenarios

12-Mar-2023 18:35:21

Tenebri
Jan Member 2015

Tenebri

Posts: 39,133 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
f a k e news said :
f a k e news said :
Modern day Einstein

I meant he is a modern day Einstein @ elon musk because of his intelligence.

what has he done thats of great intelligence?

hes just the founder of companies, and hires scientists to do all the intelligent stuff. then takes the credit for it cause he is the owner of the company.

he is definitely not even close to Einstein who has a nobel prize in physics for discovering the photoelectric effect. elon does nothing like this. not even close is just the founder / co founder of companies. thats it.

but please do let me know how you think he is somewhat intelligent let alone being on par with einstein.
200m all RS3 on 7/3/19
1.2Billion overall Slayer xp / Ultimate slayer title

OSRS 2277/2277 Untrim slayer cape
Hail Satan, He loves for who you are.

13-Mar-2023 11:05:07 - Last edited on 13-Mar-2023 11:10:57 by Tenebri

Archaeox
Dec Member 2011

Archaeox

Posts: 53,399 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
f a k e news said :
Modern day Einstein

I disagree.

He is, undeniably, a visionary.

He himself, however, does not create most of the technologies that drive his vision: he hires other people to do that.

Nor has he come up with any radical new theories of his own: his talent is for the financing and application of technology, not its invention.
~~~~ Just another victim of the ambient morality ~~~~

~~ Founder of the Caped Carousers quest cape clan ~~

!! Slava Ukraini - heroyam slava !!

13-Mar-2023 12:51:59 - Last edited on 13-Mar-2023 15:12:02 by Archaeox

Quick find code: 23-24-842-66266218 Back to Top