Forums

Let's talk about Elon Musk!

Quick find code: 23-24-842-66266218

Tenebri
Jan Member 2015

Tenebri

Posts: 39,133 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
mr togue said :
i have read your responses and i have to ask myself are you all living in a delusional world?

i dont care which country is effected by the decision Elon made.. this is crazy to think you believe that people should forced to keep bad employees or even good employees..

thats not what is being said at all lmao. are you sure you read what we said?

there has to be just cause for termination of a job. therefore if its a bad employee then sure fire away. when did we say they cant fire bad employees? lol

mr togue said :
Miles Prower said :
Oh please, you're posting paragraphs of rants which don't even pertain to the issue at hand. The issue isn't even that the employee in question was fired. The issue is that he had to go through many days of uncertainty to find out whether or not this was the case.

wrong sir .
this thread is about Elon and his firing of multiple employees and what Elon could /should do with his money

this thread is about more then just 1 employee and here are some examples of it

title to this thread,,,----->"Let's talk about Elon Musk!"

said by Tenebri post number 3 first page,,, ---->"he's fired many people from twitter "

said by Kiwi Magic bringing up Elon's money page 1 post 4---->"I don't like how Elon Musk doesn't pour his money"

should i go on showing examples of how this thread is NOT JUST ABOUT ONE GUY?

now i want to point out ,,, my RANT as you put it,,

talked about Elon... box checked,,, did that
talk about mulitple employees getting fired,,, box checked
talked about elons money,,, yup that box too,,, Checked,,,

just where did i not stay in subject and stay in issue????

i say we should just call this a """mic drop moment"""

hes referring to my post before you started.

theres no real mic drop moment at all. thats a bit cringe to say that lmao
200m all RS3 on 7/3/19
1.2Billion overall Slayer xp / Ultimate slayer title

OSRS 2277/2277 Untrim slayer cape
Hail Satan, He loves for who you are.

08-Mar-2023 19:34:37 - Last edited on 08-Mar-2023 19:38:19 by Tenebri

Tenebri
Jan Member 2015

Tenebri

no one has said this entire thread is for one guy that was posted on page 22. its just that was the topic as all other discussions had stopped.

this is how discussions work. that was the new topic for the thread.

this thread is not about him firing people its just about him and all his actions. which also include him firing people on a whim, and with that we get many discussions, and as i just pointed out the most recent was about 1 guy. who happened to be disabled which later elon made fun of him with.

the posts you refer to from pages ago. were about him firing many people yes. but it wasnt a cry for help for those people, its the lack of understanding he truely had for the company he just purchased for 4x the price of it what it was worth. because this thread isnt about him firing many people as you put it. nor is it about what he could or should do with his money.

its just about him, and his lack of understanding, his immorality in the way he says people. and everything in-between.
200m all RS3 on 7/3/19

08-Mar-2023 19:37:38 - Last edited on 08-Mar-2023 19:50:44 by Tenebri

mr togue
Sep Member 2020

mr togue

Posts: 6,957 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
you are a experienced forum person you should know not all people will get involved the very second a thread is created and as you also know a person will tune into what they want to read,,, and most will not all read thru every page ,,,

every part of my posts are exactly about the first page readings,,, i quoted your words,,, they are there for all to read,, i have the moral stance to respond to them if i chose to

in response to this statement of yours,,,

"there has to be just cause for termination of a job. therefore if its a bad employee then sure fire away. when did we say they cant fire bad employees? lol"

no you are incorrect,, does not matter if the employee is good or bad,,, a owner/boss has the right to remove you from his company at any time for whatever reason he/she.they/her/him wants to ,,, there is no force on the planet that can force a person to keep any one in a company if the company wants them out ...

08-Mar-2023 19:44:55 - Last edited on 08-Mar-2023 19:53:53 by mr togue

Tenebri
Jan Member 2015

Tenebri

mr togue said :

every part of my posts are exactly about the first page readings

then this is where the confusion is. everything that was discussed on page 1, is now over. and has moved on 24 pages worth now.

because miles is not talking about that hes talking about the post on page 22 ill edit it in

Tenebri said :
he has such a lack of respect,

mr togue said :

i quoted your words,,, they are there for all to read,, i have the moral stance to respond to them if i chose to

indeed no one is saying you have to or dont have to. its your choice. no one is saying otherwise... its all up to you.

it looks like you only quoted one of my posts. (if i missed any others, its mainly down to not using the quote button on forums, this is why its helpful to use so we dont miss when we are quoted)
200m all RS3 on 7/3/19

08-Mar-2023 19:50:17 - Last edited on 08-Mar-2023 19:55:08 by Tenebri

Tenebri
Jan Member 2015

Tenebri

mr togue said :
i do not need to quote more then one

well its helpful to do so.

im going to stop here as this now off topic entirely. and wouldnt want to derail the thread.

so unless its on topic i wont be responding hope you understand

glad the confusion has now stopped. to an extent some things you said i truely do not know what you mean, but its all good. i dont see any reason to bring them up to ask about them, i realised that doesnt get anywhere nor get any answered to help me understand your viewpoint. which sucks because thats why i enjoy the forums is to hear viewpoints.

and to keep things back on track with an update to the post i posted on page 22

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-64884287

least elon realised his mistake this time, but im sure it was his huge backlash he got that prompted the apology
200m all RS3 on 7/3/19

08-Mar-2023 19:57:30 - Last edited on 08-Mar-2023 20:03:24 by Tenebri

mr togue
Sep Member 2020

mr togue

Tenebri said :
mr togue said :
i do not need to quote more then one

well its helpful to do so.

im going to stop here as this now off topic entirely. and wouldnt want to derail the thread.

so unless its on topic i wont be responding hope you understand

absolutly.,, have a great day,,,, ** mic drop**

08-Mar-2023 20:00:59

Archaeox
Dec Member 2011

Archaeox

Posts: 53,399 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
mr togue said :
elon can do what ever he wants he has the gold and those with the gold can make the golden rules,,

Actually, he can't. Even the United States has labor laws - which Elon Musk has tried to ignore or avoid. In the same way, he's trying to avoid paying rent on the company's properties, even though that is clearly illegal.
~~~~ Just another victim of the ambient morality ~~~~

~~ Founder of the Caped Carousers quest cape clan ~~

!! Slava Ukraini - heroyam slava !!

09-Mar-2023 09:03:20

Joel
Feb
fmod Member

Joel

Forum Moderator Posts: 32,973 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think the last few pages have been debating totally different situations resulting in crossed-wires and the discussion getting heated.

mr togue, I don't think any reasonable and decent person would be in support of employers having the ultimate and unaccountable right to terminate any employee at any time, for any reason regardless of performance. There are varying degrees of labour laws in place (depending on the region) for that very reason, to ensure there's some level of protection for workers so businesses and corporations who care about their bottom line, not individuals can't just do what they want without accountability.

However to a certain extent, yes, a business owner has the right (within the applicable laws) to let go who they deem necessary.

In regards to the recent outburst, I feel terrible for Halli to have to defend himself in a public space because Twitter's HR and senior management can't even send out termination letters, regardless of the reason. Add another layer of his disability which Musk pretty much made light of and mocked is absolutely not OK and I'm sure Musk's apology was down to his legal team mitigating a lawsuit! Even then, he seemed to blame his outburst on others and not taking accountability himself :(

I'm not fully informed on the full context, history, circumstances etc beyond what we've seen publicly on Twitter but I don't think anybody can condone or defend that situation from Musk's side, even for anybody who otherwise likes and supports Musk. :/
Joel

Need support? Support Centre | Forum Help

09-Mar-2023 20:52:07

mr togue
Sep Member 2020

mr togue

@joel

i disagree with your assessment,, but my discussion had nothing to do with that gentleman at all,, i never referenced him or discussed his case,,

as for liking or disliking or defending musk i did not do that either i said a boss of a company has the right to remove any one they chose from the company ,,, and it does not matter which country you are referencing to,,,

no court in any country will "force " a company to pay for a employee if the company wants them gone,,

my original post was in reference to the first page,, i said it then and i say it again,,, i wish people who cry about losing a job just move on and get perhaps even a better job,,,

i live in MN USA,,, and in this state,,, its a right to work state,, which means a person can for any reason decide to quit and collect unemployment ... but the bosses of this state can at any time remove any employee without any kind of explanation,,, you come in and the boss says your fire that's it your all done ,,, he does not need to explain to you why ,, even if it was 1 day prior to that person retiring,,

this crap about how employees says that musk cant fire them or say musk must do what the prior owners agree to is hogwash,,, the moment musk took over all prior agreements are void and null,,, he could have been a Ahole and just tell them to get out with out paying them a dime,,,the truth is unless its in the purchase agreement between musk and the prior owners,,, he doesn't have to honor any thing the prior owners said to the employees

10-Mar-2023 20:08:49 - Last edited on 10-Mar-2023 20:17:12 by mr togue

Quick find code: 23-24-842-66266218 Back to Top