Forums

Let's talk about Elon Musk!

Quick find code: 23-24-842-66266218

Archaeox
Dec Member 2011

Archaeox

Posts: 53,399 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tenebri said :

his fanbase are already saying its bots.

literally his own platform and they still shout its fake and cant accept results of a vote lol

The new line is to restrict policy polls to Twitter Blue subscribers - which for a 'global public square' is hilarious, as Blue is currently only available in 5 western anglophone, white-majority countries, and is stuffed with right wing trolls anyway.
~~~~ Just another victim of the ambient morality ~~~~

~~ Founder of the Caped Carousers quest cape clan ~~

!! Slava Ukraini - heroyam slava !!

20-Dec-2022 08:22:42

Joel
Feb
fmod Member

Joel

Forum Moderator Posts: 32,973 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tenebri said :
Joel said :
Where do you want him to go?

you answered this yourself earlier

Joel said :

I honestly just want the stupidity to stop and for him to remove Twitter from his plate and get back to Tesla and SpaceX.

I guess I'll rephrase. He owns Twitter. He massively overpaid for it. He can't and won't just as current CEO walk out and throw his hands up without hiring someone to take his place, and someone who is actually capable and up to the job. So until that time, we're stuck with him as CEO, however much I or anyone else dislikes that.
Joel

Need support? Support Centre | Forum Help

20-Dec-2022 15:44:28

Miles Prower
Nov Member 2006

Miles Prower

Posts: 9,764 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Personally I couldn't care less if he stays, goes, or even if the platform dies. All I know is him (through his own incompetence and hypocrisy) and his fanbase have provided limitless entertainment over the past few months. :D I just wouldn't be happy with the current trajectory if I owned Tesla stock. Low on bank space? Click here .

20-Dec-2022 18:16:11

Smok Taunter

Smok Taunter

Posts: 58,110 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Archaeox said :
Tenebri said :

his fanbase are already saying its bots.

literally his own platform and they still shout its fake and cant accept results of a vote lol

The new line is to restrict policy polls to Twitter Blue subscribers - which for a 'global public square' is hilarious, as Blue is currently only available in 5 western anglophone, white-majority countries, and is stuffed with right wing trolls anyway.

Unless he sells all his stock he ain't leaving Twitter, and I don't think that's in the book. He's got the ego the size of the moon and I don't think he's capable of swallowing it to let go of Twitter in that way having tried to invest that much effort into it. But for someone such as himself who is the entire board of Twitter focused on one point, he can appoint someone else to manage the site on his behalf and step back from day to day operations and let his manager run it for him. All the same however: I can never see him logging off from the site. So his relationship with Twitter management will be all the same incredibly stressed.

The drama will be fun as it continues to unfold, especially as his current bans on linking to outside social media sites actually violates regulatory rules in the US, and he entirely abolished the European office of Twitter which exists to pack ex-EU chiefs to handle the wetwork between EU regulatory bodies and Twitter so the company can bend the rules somewhat on what the EU allows; which is a thing many other social media, tech, or tele-com companies do anyways. Musk just happened to take the insane perspective that office was entirely pointless, and not that it was actually very useful insulation from a continental regulatory agency.

20-Dec-2022 20:03:05

Tenebri
Jan Member 2015

Tenebri

Posts: 39,133 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Joel said :
Tenebri said :
Joel said :
Where do you want him to go?

you answered this yourself earlier

Joel said :

I honestly just want the stupidity to stop and for him to remove Twitter from his plate and get back to Tesla and SpaceX.

I guess I'll rephrase. He owns Twitter. He massively overpaid for it. He can't and won't just as current CEO walk out and throw his hands up without hiring someone to take his place, and someone who is actually capable and up to the job. So until that time, we're stuck with him as CEO, however much I or anyone else dislikes that.

yes i know he cant just up and leave lol.

200m all RS3 on 7/3/19
1.2Billion overall Slayer xp / Ultimate slayer title

OSRS 2277/2277 Untrim slayer cape
Hail Satan, He loves for who you are.

20-Dec-2022 20:34:36

Tenebri
Jan Member 2015

Tenebri

Posts: 39,133 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Miles Prower said :
Musk claims he will resign as CEO as soon as he finds someone "foolish enough to take the job". Seems he's too stupid to understand that by his own logic, that applies to the current postholder.

yeah i found that amusing too lol
200m all RS3 on 7/3/19
1.2Billion overall Slayer xp / Ultimate slayer title

OSRS 2277/2277 Untrim slayer cape
Hail Satan, He loves for who you are.

22-Dec-2022 16:25:36

Joel
Feb
fmod Member

Joel

Forum Moderator Posts: 32,973 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tenebri said :
yes i know he cant just up and leave lol.

haha, it's a convincing persona no? :P

Miles Prower said :
Musk claims he will resign as CEO as soon as he finds someone "foolish enough to take the job". Seems he's too stupid to understand that by his own logic, that applies to the current postholder.
I'm sure that isn't lost on him whatsoever. :P He's publicly claimed he doesn't advise or recommend what he's doing to anybody else so he has some level of self-awareness.

I also listened to snippets of the Spaces talk recently where he talked about the way he's been acting & speaking in reference to how bad Twitter's situation is financially etc so it points to the continued dire situation Twitter is in which could explain somewhat why he's acted exceptionally more weird and troll-like than normal lol

But, it's his own doing, he didn't need to go after the purchase of Twitter, but he did so here we are.
Joel

Need support? Support Centre | Forum Help

22-Dec-2022 18:34:44

Kiwi Magic

Kiwi Magic

Posts: 21,563 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Just finished watching an interview on Al Jazeera with Bill Gates.

He doesn't talk much about how he was developing computers in 1975 when everyone were using typewriters. Ore about the insane amount of money he made achieving what he said he wanted to do in 1980... (put a computer in every home in the world).

He talked about solving problems like poverty, viruses and combating malaria in poor countries, and improving their quality of life.

I don't think he is doing anything that most people would, or should do in his situation. What else is he going to do with his money. He cant take it with him when he dies.

He's just a person like the rest of us, with intelligence and had a vision, with luck playing a part as well. He was ruthless and almost put what is Apple today out of business by concentrating on cheap OS software, partnering with IBM and compatible hardware. Microsoft took 80% of the market back then. He was so successful the US government spent years taking Microsoft to court on charges of creating a monopoly. The government lost every time and gave up.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to see this sort of attitude from Elon Musk. He deserves to develop his projects and continue to make money. But he needs to be humble, and acknowledge that he did not really make his fortune, humans and corporations that purchase his products made him rich. And the people he employs to develop his products do the real work.

Musk doesn't know much about anything. Him buying Twitter is a good example. He needs talented people to repair the damage he has done in a very short time.
Make Your Own Magic

25-Dec-2022 20:35:38 - Last edited on 25-Dec-2022 21:03:36 by Kiwi Magic

Quick find code: 23-24-842-66266218 Back to Top