Forums

Let's talk about Elon Musk!

Quick find code: 23-24-842-66266218

Archaeox
Dec Member 2011

Archaeox

Posts: 53,399 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Miles Prower said :
Allegedly the rate limiting is a bot prevention measure and action against AI scraping the website.

Or it's because he isn't getting enough subscribers to Twitter Blue, similar to removing 2FA via SMS with the "it's not secure" excuse.

OR it's because he hasn't being paying for the necessary Google Cloud services, and the contract is up for renewal right now.
~~~~ Just another victim of the ambient morality ~~~~

~~ Founder of the Caped Carousers quest cape clan ~~

!! Slava Ukraini - heroyam slava !!

03-Jul-2023 07:52:41

Archaeox
Dec Member 2011

Archaeox

Of course, the other thing about this latest debacle is that it's going to kill any trust that might have been coming back among advertisers, as it shows the "new Twitter CEO" Linda Yaccarino is basically a figurehead, and Musk is still playing at running the company.

""
Lou Paskalis, the founder of advertising consultancy AJL Advisory and former marketing boss at Bank of America, said Yaccarino is Musk's "last best hope" to salvage ad revenue and the company's value.

"This move signals to the marketplace that he's not capable of empowering her to save him from himself," he said.

""

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/analysis-musks-twitter-rate-limits-040728319.html

03-Jul-2023 10:40:15

Acaeus Vinn

Acaeus Vinn

Posts: 19 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I can appreciate Elon Musk because he's a man with vision, drive, and he does things when he says he's going to do them. He's a genius for sure, and I like how he exposed some seriously shady stuff that twitter was involved in after he bought it (albeit anyone with sense kinda already knew about it).

I don't have a definite stance on him, but so far, I'd rate him a 7 out of 10 in my book. He seems okay.
John 4:20

04-Jul-2023 05:10:27

Tomato 56789
Apr Member 2022

Tomato 56789

Posts: 15,317 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have good internet thanks to him. Bill Gates and a governor promised it 20 years ago, every state governor I've had has promised it since, Musk is who delivered. Prior to Starlink my options were :D ial-up, high-latency satellite like Hughesnet and their immediate competitors, my mobile carrier which is slower / less data than traditional satellite, or one broadband company that disconnects all the time and only has (slow) service half a day at a time.
Casual legacy trash of 19 years in RS, author of 6 books irl

04-Jul-2023 21:06:49

Tenebri
Jan Member 2015

Tenebri

Posts: 39,133 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
so with the new update, google has now stopped showing twitter in google searches. (as its algorithm wont show unavailable content) so with the limit on twitter accounts, its getting so many less views that expected as google arent showing them, when it could have with out the restrictions.
200m all RS3 on 7/3/19
1.2Billion overall Slayer xp / Ultimate slayer title

OSRS 2277/2277 Untrim slayer cape
Hail Satan, He loves for who you are.

04-Jul-2023 22:00:44

Archaeox
Dec Member 2011

Archaeox

Tenebri said :
so with the new update, google has now stopped showing twitter in google searches. (as its algorithm wont show unavailable content) so with the limit on twitter accounts, its getting so many less views that expected as google arent showing them, when it could have with out the restrictions.

No doubt also part of the pressure from Google on Twitter to actually pay for the services it's contracted .

Musk's "don't pay until they sue" approach is guaranteed not to generate goodwill.

05-Jul-2023 07:25:38

Tenebri
Jan Member 2015

Tenebri

Posts: 39,133 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Archaeox said :
Tenebri said :

No doubt also part of the pressure from Google on Twitter to actually pay for the services it's contracted .

Musk's "don't pay until they sue" approach is guaranteed not to generate goodwill.

hes a genius /s
200m all RS3 on 7/3/19
1.2Billion overall Slayer xp / Ultimate slayer title

OSRS 2277/2277 Untrim slayer cape
Hail Satan, He loves for who you are.

05-Jul-2023 08:27:48

Quick find code: 23-24-842-66266218 Back to Top