Let's talk about Elon Musk!

Quick find code: 23-24-842-66266218

Tenebri
Jan Member 2015

Tenebri

Posts: 39,133 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tuffty said :
Red hot News.

Elon Musk is reportedly seeking investors for Twitter at $54.20 a share — the same price he paid for it.

Seems He's trying to dump it after making a mess of it due to him being a muppet.

Anyone going to buy shares??? I'm not lol.

anyone that buys them would be an idiot. lmao
200m all RS3 on 7/3/19
1.2Billion overall Slayer xp / Ultimate slayer title

OSRS 2277/2277 Untrim slayer cape
Hail Satan, He loves for who you are.

26-Dec-2022 14:14:51

Volte Face
Oct Member 2023

Volte Face

Posts: 942 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't think Twitter was ever that strict regarding censorship - a lot of people who were banned from Youtube still had active accounts there.

It would be great if Elon or anyone who's pro-free speech could find some way to acquire YT. I don't know how that would work though since it's tied with Google.
The age of chivalry is gone; that of sophisters, economists, and calculators has succeeded, and the glory of Europe is extinguished forever.

27-Dec-2022 15:55:22

Miles Prower
Nov Member 2006

Miles Prower

Posts: 9,764 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Volte Face said :
I don't think Twitter was ever that strict regarding censorship - a lot of people who were banned from Youtube still had active accounts there.

It would be great if Elon or anyone who's pro-free speech could find some way to acquire YT. I don't know how that would work though since it's tied with Google.

It's almost as if the two separate platforms have their own Terms of Service.

As for acquisition, if he was that confident he would succeed, why not launch his own platform? Could it be because the others have failed to gain traction beyond becoming an echo chamber for extremists "freedom fighters"?
Low on bank space? Click here .

27-Dec-2022 17:07:49

Rooh
Jan
fmod Member

Rooh

Forum Moderator Posts: 40,586 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Volte Face said :
The difference is Musk didn't ban people, they chose to leave Twitter or migrate somewhere else.

:O He banned thousands of accounts, pretty much anyone who criticised him, including many journalists.
https://www.theverge.com/2022/12/15/23512004/elon-musk-starts-banning-critical-journalists-from-twitter
Who's the cat that won't cop out when there's danger all about?

28-Dec-2022 15:43:44

Miles Prower
Nov Member 2006

Miles Prower

Posts: 9,764 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Volte Face said :
Third parties work with social media companies to get them to change their algorithms, this resulted in accounts being banned arbitrarily and not necessarily because they breached those terms.

It's just easier to acquire an existing platform than to build one from scratch if you have the money. Obviously if you ban a specific group of people then they're going to congregate somewhere else and become more extreme in the process. The difference is Musk didn't ban people, they chose to leave Twitter or migrate somewhere else.

But surely a genius such as Elon Musk could overcome the difficulty of launching a new platform, rather than butchering what exists already. Is he really so pathetic and inept that he would rather take the easier route than rise up to the challenge like a real entrepreneur (yes)? Apart from that, your last sentence is objectively incorrect.
Low on bank space? Click here .

28-Dec-2022 16:54:06 - Last edited on 28-Dec-2022 16:54:43 by Miles Prower

Tenebri
Jan Member 2015

Tenebri

Posts: 39,133 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Volte Face said :
The difference is Musk didn't ban people, they chose to leave Twitter or migrate somewhere else.

i hope you did some stretching before this comment, because damn the mental gymnastics to get to this conclusion must have been difficult
200m all RS3 on 7/3/19
1.2Billion overall Slayer xp / Ultimate slayer title

OSRS 2277/2277 Untrim slayer cape
Hail Satan, He loves for who you are.

28-Dec-2022 19:13:32

Rooh
Jan
fmod Member

Rooh

Forum Moderator Posts: 40,586 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tesla shares have just hit an all-time low.

This time last year they were valued at $362.06, they're currently at $112.71
Ouch.
Who's the cat that won't cop out when there's danger all about?

29-Dec-2022 10:11:53

Quick find code: 23-24-842-66266218 Back to Top