Forums

GRIEF

Quick find code: 93-94-912-65783429

MDove

MDove

Posts: 1,259 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jack Flac said :
I am curios to see what kind of ruin that would bring.

Question: I showed up at Forums around the time of the Catherby Worked-Over..
Witnessed & volleyed during the incidents of Bank-Bidding/0815/Stoat, etc...Hoping Madame LaFrou is simply having a much deserved rest...Mannn, some duty.

Prior to these incidents, were the Forums as quiet as now? LOL. Or just perhaps, time of year quiet. Cuz, guns were blazin' when I showed up!

Must say, y'all are formidable. Huff, puff.
Btw, what the H' does !!!6!! mean? (after all this time, yeah.) :P

15-Oct-2016 19:25:40 - Last edited on 15-Oct-2016 19:40:50 by MDove

Corugi

Corugi

Posts: 19,109 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lord Bucket said :
Draft could use some edits:

"Hi there! (( :P )) We are clan GRIEF. We hereby declare WAR on your clan, and everything your clan stands for. It's nothing personal, just business. It just so happens we have made it our business to destroy every other clan in existence. Cordial regards and hope to see your clan reduced to a pile of smouldering ashes soon! Lots of love and kisses, Clan GRIEF."

There. That should fix it. Posting a smiley with the tongue out gets you in good with the mods and Jagex. Otherwise, they'll probably lay siege to your attempt with banhammers.

Take an additional 15 smiley grenades ( :P ) ( :P ) ( :P ) ( :P ) ( :P ) ( :P ) ( :P ) ( :P ) ( :P ) ( :P ) ( :P ) ( :P ) ( :P ) ( :P ) ( :P ). Throw these at mods and they cannot hide your post. They also cannot ban you. But most important of all...You could catch the mods.

I would have to say that is BRILLIANT editing on your part Lord Bucket!

TO ARMS!

The offensive on the 3rd front begins!
I failed to keep my New Year's resolution before I even made it.

16-Oct-2016 11:21:40

Corugi

Corugi

Posts: 19,109 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
MDove said :
Jack Flac said :
I am curios to see what kind of ruin that would bring.

Question: I showed up at Forums around the time of the Catherby Worked-Over..
Witnessed & volleyed during the incidents of Bank-Bidding/0815/Stoat, etc...Hoping Madame LaFrou is simply having a much deserved rest...Mannn, some duty.

Prior to these incidents, were the Forums as quiet as now? LOL. Or just perhaps, time of year quiet. Cuz, guns were blazin' when I showed up!

Must say, y'all are formidable. Huff, puff.
Btw, what the H' does !!!6!! mean? (after all this time, yeah.) :P

It's a sad story, but the forums have been dying a slow death for some time now. What you saw during the Catherbye rework was but just a brief shining reflection of more glorious times. Really. The forums used to be incredibly vibrant, with posts coming thick and furious. There was a much stronger community back then.

What happened? Why are the forums so much slower now? Several reasons I think. The move to other social media by Jagex encouraged people to communicate about RS on platforms such as twitter and Facebook. Then in recent times a lot of people have begun to use rs/reddit as a means to discuss RS, to rant, and to share humorous comments. Reddit has a much much looser moderation which many folk, as young adults or adults, prefer. These forums have a draconian moderation, sometimes bordering on pants-on-head stupidity, which many people resent.

The net effect is that as older people leave, either due to their frustration of dealing with the moderation or simply because they have lost interest in rs. The newer ones come in and find these forums to be archaic compared to reddit and other modern social media platforms. That's if they actually find these forums in the first place, and if they do then are much less likely to stick around.

I will tell you about the famous !!!6!!! another time.
I failed to keep my New Year's resolution before I even made it.

16-Oct-2016 11:47:45

MDove

MDove

Posts: 1,259 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yes, this is as I suspected but, was given the opening by Jumpin-Jack's post, to ask.
Yes, there is sadness around but, even an Army retreats to save for the next round...
As 0815 once said, "at the end of the day let me pass you a cuppa tea.."

Am glad to have brushed paths witcha...

Heads up Chief, there will be another cheese around the corner.

!!!!!!6!!!!!!

16-Oct-2016 14:10:05

Legionnaire

Legionnaire

Posts: 20,901 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Corugi said :
I hereby declare Legionnaire to be "THE BRAVEST OF THE BRAVE" as well as "THE FIRST IN THE FRONT LINE" and "HE WHO CHARGES THE MACHINE GUNS WITH NOTHING MORE THAN A SOGGY CABBAGE LEAF IN HAND!"

Such a stirring speech! BY THE GODS!

Who can not be but moved to tears of pride over such a tumultuous rendition of strength through adversity?

*Weeps profusely with pride*

(Golly! That was a long sentence. It had a lot of big words too. Did it make any sense though?)

AND LOOK! The Bucket has posted! Bucketeering joy has once more blessed this humble abode. He's still a big fat noob though. Hmm.. Oh Look! A link... Lord Bucket said :
Btw, have you read the top 15 facts of why the Frog Princess is totally not a frog ?

Must resit clicking it....must resist....must be strong and resist.... must!.... ...

WTF has a Shadow Drake got to do with the Frog Princess?

YES USING SOGGY CABBAGES TO DESTROY THE CABBAGES AND THE ORANGES!!! THEY WILL FEEL THE WRATH OF ME!!!!!!!!

I understand what the correlation is to the Frog Princess!!!! She was once a Shadow Drake so powerful she was transformed into a frog.
Time4Rants RIP Never Forget! 2010-2013, In Memory of Old Timer: ""I'm a doctor, not a spiritual medium!" RIP ;(
Shy Lego 2010-2011 RIP
Lego x LD= Forbidden Love. Legita=Forbidden Love

17-Oct-2016 01:39:41

Jack Flac
Feb Member 2022

Jack Flac

Posts: 6,207 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
MDove said :
Yes, this is as I suspected but, was given the opening by Jumpin-Jack's post, to ask.
Yes, there is sadness around but, even an Army retreats to save for the next round...
As 0815 once said, "at the end of the day let me pass you a cuppa tea.."

Am glad to have brushed paths witcha...

Heads up Chief, there will be another cheese around the corner.

!!!!!!6!!!!!!

Jumpin-Jack. Only a small select few have called me that before. Me, the living meme of The Enemy. If you don't know of which I speak, it's best not to ask.
Leader of The Enemy ||
The opposite of Justice is simply another Justice. What is Evil is subjective to each person.
YOU
are their evil

17-Oct-2016 10:01:45

Legionnaire

Legionnaire

Corugi, Cat has been found in the off topic chat lounge by Jack!!! I have issues an Ultimatum to her. She has 24 hours to decide...if not I say we declare her a traitor and burn her to the stake!!!! Hunt her down and cause tremendous amount of grief to her. Time4Rants RIP Never Forget! 2010-2013, In Memory of Old Timer: ""I'm a doctor, not a spiritual medium!" RIP ;(
Shy Lego 2010-2011 RIP

17-Oct-2016 20:33:01

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
LIES. ALL LIES.

Damn you Lego, I was within a weazle's whisker of implementing Plan B and annexing Off Topic as a propaganda machine to feed rumour, misinformation and downright lies to the masses, spreading panic and terror designed to send them rushing to join Clan Grief and thus becoming cannon-fodder to hurl at the Jagexy Monsters.

I had them eating out of my hand - nay! they were eating fungal remains out of my socks until you showed up and blew my cover. Now I'll have to go back to snivelling around any misbegotten swamp-stinking forum that'll have me, skulking like a hobo's dog in dank, dingy crevices like RGU.

!!!6!!!
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

18-Oct-2016 01:37:12

Legionnaire

Legionnaire

FiFi LaFeles said :
LIES. ALL LIES.

Damn you Lego, I was within a weazle's whisker of implementing Plan B and annexing Off Topic as a propaganda machine to feed rumour, misinformation and downright lies to the masses, spreading panic and terror designed to send them rushing to join Clan Grief and thus becoming cannon-fodder to hurl at the Jagexy Monsters.

I had them eating out of my hand - nay! they were eating fungal remains out of my socks until you showed up and blew my cover. Now I'll have to go back to snivelling around any misbegotten swamp-stinking forum that'll have me, skulking like a hobo's dog in dank, dingy crevices like RGU.

!!!6!!!

Well you should have said something!!!! I would have helped you with your cover!!! Gone into off-topic befriend the masses and persuade them to say hello in our clan thread...

However,
You did not...you did not inform the WAR CHIEF OF GRIEF and then in response you were
Breaking Poor Corugi's morale to the point he was going to give up on GRIEF!!! D:
Time4Rants RIP Never Forget! 2010-2013, In Memory of Old Timer: ""I'm a doctor, not a spiritual medium!" RIP ;(
Shy Lego 2010-2011 RIP

18-Oct-2016 02:43:58

Quick find code: 93-94-912-65783429 Back to Top