Kings Abbot

Posts: 10,754 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ghazgkull said :
Kings Abbot said :
Ghazgkull said :
a spite mine you say?

Located on Kessel?

sounds dangerous

Well, it's located next to the Maelstrom (a black hole) and there's only one safe way in and out of the nebula-like thing that surrounds it all. Plus, there are always pirates trying to rob you, or even the Empire to arrest you. And the guys who turn it into drugs, the Pyke Syndicate, are no softies when you fail to show up with the cargo you promised them.
Han Solo had to dump his load to avoid getting arrested by the Empire, and got indebted to Jabba the Hutt who was smuggling it for. That's why Greedo threathented Solo and even tried to shoot him (and utterly failed, getting shot himself in the process). Solo then promised Jabba to repay him, didn't (he thought he would get quite some money for getting Obi-Wan and Luke to Alderaan), wound up saving Leia and helping in the Rebellion. After three years he wanted to leave to pay his debt, but the Empire finding the rebel base on Hoth prevented that.
After fleeing with the Millenium Falcon with a broken hyperdrive to Cloud City on Bespin to han's old friend Lando Calrissian, they got betrayed by Lando and Han got encased in carbonite as a test (to see if Darth vader could use the technique to bring Luke to Emperor Palpatine) and sent frozen Han along with Babo Fett to Jabba as repayment.

So yes, running spice is dangerous.

FiFi LaFeles said :
I've had a novel idea !

Let's be nice to each other.

Didn't we even wage a war by being nice to each other?
Kings Eastwood in
THE GLOOP , THE BWIAN , and THE WIKI
music by Trewavio Morricone

YOU-KNOW-WHO
GO
YOU-KNOW-WHAT
YOURSELF!

07-Jul-2020 21:29:44

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yes, I have a vague recollection of that. But it was a bit of a feeble effort and only lasted about twelve minutes. We should really trie moar - I'll start:

I like Corugi, he's such a nice guy.

Howzat?
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

08-Jul-2020 00:45:44

Corugi

Corugi

Posts: 19,109 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
We tried a variety of that. It was called "The Politeness War." We tried to be polite to each other.
Corugi said :
Civil War! The clan has ascended into civil war. Again. This time its being fought through cloying good manners, mutual respect, and unequivocal courtesy. Hence its name, "The Politeness War". Without a doubt it is surely the most sickening war to have ever engulfed our normally rude and ill-tempered clan.

Anyway if i recall correctly we all became exhausted by the effort, I think we couldn't even stomach that level of debased inhumanity.

And besides I am not nice. I am a disgrace to everything good and decent. Here, have a cup of tea. Do you take one broadside or two?

I failed to keep my New Year's resolution before I even made it.

08-Jul-2020 05:19:47 - Last edited on 08-Jul-2020 05:25:01 by Corugi

Corugi

Corugi

Posts: 19,109 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Oh all right then. I will agree for the greater good. We can be nice to each other. In fact I have recently found a very pleasant chap who dresses in a black suit. His name is Nex. I have hired him as a "niceness" advisor. I want you all to meet him. Preferably somewhere in a dark alley with a nearby dumpster. I failed to keep my New Year's resolution before I even made it.

08-Jul-2020 05:49:14 - Last edited on 08-Jul-2020 05:58:37 by Corugi

Nex A Origin

Nex A Origin

Posts: 277 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm sorry Mr. President, but I got mustard on my suit and had to change, and then I forgot my sunglasses... but I'll do my best Sir!

I had to get a ride with my girlfriend as well, I hope it's okay that she joined us.

Eat shmallow, you filthy animals!
•••••
•••••
•••••
•••••
•••••
•••••
••••
••
••
••
••••