Forums

Dev Blog: The Grand Exchange

Quick find code: 380-381-138-65551054

Terasmies456
Mar Member 2014

Terasmies456

Posts: 27 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm just wondering when you are change oldschools runescapes name to pre-eoc scape... Every update we are taking step closer to 2012... I hope any of those things doesn't pass. :( INB4 EOC

09-Jan-2015 22:37:43 - Last edited on 09-Jan-2015 22:39:15 by Terasmies456

Wnp

Wnp

Posts: 105 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Kronus31 said :
Jelle654 said :
I am very surprised by the amount of support the GE is getting.

The GE is right up there with Solomons, SoF, the removal of free wildy, EoC, and the EP'ing systems for worst updates in the history of RS. It was one of the first updates of series that broke the game.

The Grand Exchange made runescape way too easy and also absolutely ****** up the entire economy. The GE removed the need to actually play the game to obtain a lot of items. We don't need anymore easyscape. Oldschool has become easy enough as it is. As a player there are no downsides to using the GE. In basicly all case it's the fastest way to both buy and sell items and to this for the best prices. There's nothing discouraging people to use the GE. There being no downside using the fastest way to obtain any item is bad design IMHO. A GE without heavy taxing system shouldn't even be considered. It's way too OP.

The GE also gives/gave a lot of power to scamming merchanting clans. This is not something anyone should want. These clans reducing overall availability of items and manipulating prices are absolute **** without the GE their influence is managable but with a GE there's nothing stopping them.

I also get the feeling that the people who will vote for GE are people that did not really want OldSchool runescape, but just pre-EoC. The GE is not really something I think can be considered as OldSchool.

We don't need more easyscape, please vote no to GE.
I'll be very disappointed if the GE is introduced into OldSchool.

I love this comment way too much, sir.

I don't understand how ge makes the game easier. merching will be done regardless

09-Jan-2015 22:40:01 - Last edited on 09-Jan-2015 22:43:37 by Wnp

Wnp

Wnp

Posts: 105 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Kronus31 said :
Wnp said :
Kronus31 said :
Lewd Ahegao said :
Kronus31 said :
Please don't imply the grand exchange ): It completely destroys the economy. it is much more fun to hunt for that special item/gear you wanted and to finally find a seller/buyer makes it all the more worth to put it on or use it.

If by chance the GE does make a comeback, DO NOT HAVE SET PRICES. the OSRS economy would plummet if you bring the set prices back.

I don't want to offensive but you really should read the 1st post by the mods before commenting, you can set any price to the item when you're selling it

Right, i read it. but as everyone knows, there will be a "set" price for that item like the current GE meaning everyone will follow that price.

Please explain how this will affect you or the general good of player base. how much trading do you do with 501 total level. i suggest you think about abstaining for the good of the actual players.

What the hell does my OS character's total level have to do with this? i played RS back in 06 all the way until the EoC, i know what im doing when it comes to selling/trading, hence my opinion. Before you try to sound big with a simple comment and telling me to "think about abstaining" Try keeping this on topic rather than insulting someone.

it has everything to do with it. you are talking about/voting for content that will be in the version of the game. and from what i can see you don't even play it. so with that being said leave the opinions and decisions on people who it will affect. simple, not trying to insult you directly but being honest.

09-Jan-2015 22:42:32

Gulma1

Gulma1

Posts: 597 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Not One said :
"It would not replace the original, manual trade system, it would exist alongside it."
^This
Although it may seem obvious, this statement is why the GE seems like the right path. It means that people who like the GE, they are allowed to trade over it. And the people who don't like the GE, they are too allowed to not trade over it.
I personally like the idea of the GE due to; a possible increase of players, better known prices of items and one that really hits home for me and many other players, its just about impossible to be scammed over the GE.
I liked the nostalgic feel of OSRS but its time for a change. This is more than a game I used to play 7 or 8 years ago, it's a game I play today and I want it to evolve into something bigger. I know a few people won't agree with me but all I can say is I hope the community votes this change through and who knows, maybe if things don't work out if it does pass, it could be removed again anyway.
Happy scaping friends.

This is hilarious.

How do you expect to not use the GE if people everyone trades over GE?

09-Jan-2015 22:43:48

Dangermouth
Sep Member 2018

Dangermouth

Posts: 2,427 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Evening Mods.

And firstly, thank you for making a game that I'd forgotten even more wonderful than I'd remembered.

What do I like about this version of RS that is different to the other (I play both)?

This is relaxed. It is fun. Note that word * * N. It is interesting, it is lively, it does NOT lag, it has characterful people and places and NPCs, it is innovative and imaginative and hard yet has purpose and I would like to commend you and the community for (re) creating something special.

I won't comment on all your proposals as there are too many, but the GE will I believe simply become the equivalent of the old GE as it was, and also much like Prifddinas (sp?): a well-done, but ultimately characterless sink.

I have 13k gp, so I am doing far, far better than I did first time round when it probably took me a year to get that amount. This time 2-4 weeks. When the GE first came out I loved it. Yes, it is convenient, but so too is your option to trade as suggested and a quick world hop is not that difficult.

My concerns with a new G.E. are twofold:

1/ The spirit of this great game (and it is a great game, I do mean that) will become eroded - and that is potentially a death-knell for it.

2/ All the concerns that others will have regarding price manipulation and so on. Because I was there: I saw it happen; I saw RS become payscape and hated it like so many others.

I understand that for the most part peoples' views are already polemicised as they already are and would be so the vote and arguments are to a large extent moot.

My hope is that one of the JMods will read this and factor it in to their thinking both with regard to a form of automated trade (see the post below because I'm running out of space) and other developments. Please let this game develop wholly differently to the other version - I honestly see it as having more long-term potential albeit to a different market.

09-Jan-2015 22:45:51

Dangermouth
Sep Member 2018

Dangermouth

Posts: 2,427 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
and (cont).

What I do like is that because you have a 'lesser' product to work with you have to be more creative and work harder and I do think that the results are worth it. That is one big advantage this version of RS has: it is innovative; the other isn't much at all.

With regard to automated trading, I would like to see the alternative (standing around shouting bank sale, for example) still have some currency.

Please, if you can at all, do not automate and 'convenience' (as in make everything conveninet) the game because it makes it sterile and RS (OSRS much, much more than RS3) is a game, a world, a community.

Keep it that way.

09-Jan-2015 22:45:57 - Last edited on 09-Jan-2015 22:49:21 by Dangermouth

Terasmies456
Mar Member 2014

Terasmies456

Posts: 27 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If you release GE some people can get like 1b gp by just sitting in GE and merching. I think nobody wants this. PRE-EOC rs would be better if there would be more players that have played the game in the golden ages. Major of the player started 2009-2013 and doesn't realize that they are ruining this game...

09-Jan-2015 22:46:43

Diggydug1

Diggydug1

Posts: 4,603 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Wnp said :

it has everything to do with it. you are talking about/voting for content that will be in the version of the game. and from what i can see you don't even play it. so with that being said leave the opinions and decisions on people who it will affect. simple, not trying to insult you directly but being honest.

So if people's total levels don't meet your standards they don't play much?

My total level was never high relative to the time I played, but I cared very much about the game. Stuck with it f2p before deciding to fully quit. Voting with my wallet, in a sense. Does that make me a less valuable player? Probably not considering I have money and Jagex is a business.

09-Jan-2015 22:49:21

Quick find code: 380-381-138-65551054 Back to Top