Forums

Dev Blog: The Grand Exchange

Quick find code: 380-381-138-65551054

Jelle654
Jul Member 2022

Jelle654

Posts: 872 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I am very surprised by the amount of support the GE is getting.

The GE is right up there with Solomons, SoF, the removal of free wildy, EoC, and the EP'ing systems for worst updates in the history of RS. It was one of the first updates of series that broke the game.

The Grand Exchange made runescape way too easy and also absolutely ****** up the entire economy. The GE removed the need to actually play the game to obtain a lot of items. We don't need anymore easyscape. Oldschool has become easy enough as it is. As a player there are no downsides to using the GE. In basicly all case it's the fastest way to both buy and sell items and to this for the best prices. There's nothing discouraging people to use the GE. There being no downside using the fastest way to obtain any item is bad design IMHO. A GE without heavy taxing system shouldn't even be considered. It's way too OP.

The GE also gives/gave a lot of power to scamming merchanting clans. This is not something anyone should want. These clans reducing overall availability of items and manipulating prices are absolute **** without the GE their influence is managable but with a GE there's nothing stopping them.

I also get the feeling that the people who will vote for GE are people that did not really want OldSchool runescape, but just pre-EoC. The GE is not really something I think can be considered as OldSchool.

We don't need more easyscape, please vote no to GE.
I'll be very disappointed if the GE is introduced into OldSchool.

09-Jan-2015 22:26:54 - Last edited on 09-Jan-2015 22:27:49 by Jelle654

Kronus31
Oct Member 2023

Kronus31

Posts: 99 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Wnp said :
Kronus31 said :
Lewd Ahegao said :
Kronus31 said :
Please don't imply the grand exchange ): It completely destroys the economy. it is much more fun to hunt for that special item/gear you wanted and to finally find a seller/buyer makes it all the more worth to put it on or use it.

If by chance the GE does make a comeback, DO NOT HAVE SET PRICES. the OSRS economy would plummet if you bring the set prices back.

I don't want to offensive but you really should read the 1st post by the mods before commenting, you can set any price to the item when you're selling it

Right, i read it. but as everyone knows, there will be a "set" price for that item like the current GE meaning everyone will follow that price.

Please explain how this will affect you or the general good of player base. how much trading do you do with 501 total level. i suggest you think about abstaining for the good of the actual players.

What the hell does my OS character's total level have to do with this? i played RS back in 06 all the way until the EoC, i know what im doing when it comes to selling/trading, hence my opinion. Before you try to sound big with a simple comment and telling me to "think about abstaining" Try keeping this on topic rather than insulting someone.

09-Jan-2015 22:27:31

Kronus31
Oct Member 2023

Kronus31

Posts: 99 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jelle654 said :

The GE is right up there with Solomons, SoF, the removal of free wildy, EoC, and the EP'ing systems for worst updates in the history of RS. It was one of the first updates of series that broke the game.

The Grand Exchange made runescape way too easy and also absolutely ****** up the entire economy. The GE removed the need to actually play the game to obtain a lot of items. We don't need anymore easyscape. Oldschool has become easy enough as it is. As a player there are no downsides to using the GE. In basicly all case it's the fastest way to both buy and sell items and to this for the best prices. There's nothing discouraging people to use the GE. There being no downside using the fastest way to obtain any item is bad design IMHO. A GE without heavy taxing system shouldn't even be considered. It's way too OP.

The GE also gives/gave a lot of power to scamming merchanting clans. This is not something anyone should want. These clans reducing overall availability of items and manipulating prices are absolute **** without the GE their influence is managable but with a GE there's nothing stopping them.

I also get the feeling that the people who will vote for GE are people that did not really want OldSchool runescape, but just pre-EoC. The GE is not really something I think can be considered as OldSchool.

I love this comment way too much, sir.

09-Jan-2015 22:28:44 - Last edited on 09-Jan-2015 22:29:48 by Kronus31

Spel Casta

Spel Casta

Posts: 208 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jelle654 said :

Quoted for truth.

09-Jan-2015 22:31:08

Diggydug1

Diggydug1

Posts: 4,603 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jelle654 said :

I understand it though. Most of the people still playing, even OSRS, played with the GE as a big part of their game, with it gone they have to do things differently and can't quite get around that.
Others just enjoy the "convenience" it provides and want everything instantly. All about levels for them.

09-Jan-2015 22:34:56

Quick find code: 380-381-138-65551054 Back to Top