Forums

Dev Blog: The Grand Exchange

Quick find code: 380-381-138-65551054

Lewd Ahegao

Lewd Ahegao

Posts: 10 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey Mod Ash and everybody else, could the gnome quest after the eyes of glouphrie get released? ^_^
The quest was really great content and with the quest the extra map space behind CW could finally get some use as it should :)
Also, YES 4 GE :D

09-Jan-2015 21:33:48 - Last edited on 09-Jan-2015 21:34:11 by Lewd Ahegao

Not One

Not One

Posts: 9 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"It would not replace the original, manual trade system, it would exist alongside it."
^This
Although it may seem obvious, this statement is why the GE seems like the right path. It means that people who like the GE, they are allowed to trade over it. And the people who don't like the GE, they are too allowed to not trade over it.
I personally like the idea of the GE due to; a possible increase of players, better known prices of items and one that really hits home for me and many other players, its just about impossible to be scammed over the GE.
I liked the nostalgic feel of OSRS but its time for a change. This is more than a game I used to play 7 or 8 years ago, it's a game I play today and I want it to evolve into something bigger. I know a few people won't agree with me but all I can say is I hope the community votes this change through and who knows, maybe if things don't work out if it does pass, it could be removed again anyway.
Happy scaping friends.

09-Jan-2015 21:34:12

The TomBomb
Jan Member 2012

The TomBomb

Posts: 4,497 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
No matter what, the current trading system isn't enough.

For sure I want the grand exchange. But if the poll fails because people aren't looking towards the future of the game. We need it easier with the trading post. trading on any world through the post no matter what bank you are at is the next best thing.

Also, to anyone who is against the GE and doesn't agree with what I said. New players do not like the current system, they wind up quiting very early on because it's too hard for them to buy/sell anything because runescape's system is VERY out of date compared to any other game in existance. Every single game out there now that has any form of trading pretty much has a grand exchange type of deal. It's the best, fastest and easiest way to get the items we want to buy/sell so we can get back to actually playing the game itself.

09-Jan-2015 21:38:38

Mork Mad

Mork Mad

Posts: 42 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Bighouse said :
Haha, these newschool kids
Newschool who? I started playing in 2005, and GE (without trading restriction of course) is one of the best updates in RuneScape. Also, fun fact: GE was originally added in late 2007. Yes, that's oldschool.

09-Jan-2015 21:39:03

Diggydug1

Diggydug1

Posts: 4,603 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Miami said :

Reason ppl want ge is cause of laziness

This is an accurate summarization, they paint it up in economic garbage but the reality is it is detrimental in terms of gameplay and economics. No one ever says how it does good things, they just say it's good and look what it did for RS3!

09-Jan-2015 21:42:07

Mork Mad

Mork Mad

Posts: 42 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Builder194 said :
I liked the GE at regular runescape, so it would be nice to have it here, but does this mean that old runescape is slowly progressing toward the modern one?
No. Game is still based around 2007, but with new unique content and the best from the main game. Corporeal beast etc. are great examples

09-Jan-2015 21:42:26

Quick find code: 380-381-138-65551054 Back to Top