Dev Blog: The Grand Exchange

Quick find code: 380-381-138-65551054

TokHaar

TokHaar

Posts: 1,385 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FL0RYDA said :
TokHaar said :
Hio54 said :
My only worry about it is that it leaves the door wide open to price manipulation. What's stopping the RS3 accounts with countless Billions of GP transferring their gold so they can manipulate prices?

GE limits. I mean, if you have enough money, you can effectively control supply of items whether the GE is in the game or not.

LOL you obviously didn't play when G/E was around. Price manipulation ran rampant, even with the limits.

I did play then. Comparing that time to OSRS would be ridiculous. The ONLY reason that price manipulation worked so well during that time is because of trade restrictions.

Hio54 said :
TokHaar said :
Hio54 said :
My only worry about it is that it leaves the door wide open to price manipulation. What's stopping the RS3 accounts with countless Billions of GP transferring their gold so they can manipulate prices?

GE limits. I mean, if you have enough money, you can effectively control supply of items whether the GE is in the game or not.

Apologies if I didn't say that, I'm not arguing that you can only manipulate with the GE, I mean that, the GE can make it happen much quicker than usual.

Also, if your only argument against the GE or your MAIN argument against it is player interaction, then. Yeah.

Sure, but requiring multiple accounts to buy out items makes things trickier, more time-consuming, and more expensive.

Player interaction isn't why I want the GE at all. I want the GE because it's convenient, it more accurately represents true supply and demand, it allows me to waste less time buying and selling so I can spend more time playing, and opens up the possibility of systems such as coinshare/lootshare, price checker, and trade values to help prevent scams.

09-Jan-2015 21:17:07

Pmy39
Aug Member 2020

Pmy39

Posts: 320 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This type of G.E. is just a step towards another rs3. What is the point of 'free trade' if you are limited by the amount you can buy?

The reason for price manipulation is because suggested prices are posted in G.E. based off previous trades which have a major influence from merchers.

Another huge issue is coinshare. This is huge factor in inflation.

Think of it like this, let's say 10 billion gp enters osrs every day and 8 billion leaves. coin share gets added now from drops converted to coins 13 billion gp enters rs every day but still 8 billion gp leaves.

This builds up over time. the effects of this won't be seen for at least 6 months, but prices will rise. Eventually the inflation will reach rs3 levels and getting higher levels and high end items will be a huge grind.

09-Jan-2015 21:18:17

Diggydug1

Diggydug1

Posts: 4,603 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I just subscribed again after years, yesterday, and this is a confirmed poll. I hope it doesn't make it but with what I'm seeing the community is sternly divided and absolutely hates trading or non-centralized trade.

09-Jan-2015 21:21:18

TearsDntFall

TearsDntFall

Posts: 12 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If GE is implemented I would like to see the hub in falador park for a more nostalgic feel as a few others have said. I also hope that you cannot trade while offline. If you can then flip bots will come back and prices will be manipulated to extremes. If you guys can put together this update carefully and thoughtfully I don't see a reason to vote no to it, also keep in mind though that this update has the potential to ruin OSRS.

09-Jan-2015 21:28:57

Ariamis

Ariamis

Posts: 4 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I am totally in favor of adding the Grand Exchange to the game. The trading post is just difficult to deal with, and w1 trading takes far too long.

I am also completely in favor of the Dragon Defender (and Dragon Claws).

Now about the other points I have a stance on:

"Should we increase the number of available bank slots for both free-to-play and members by 200?"
Absolutely, my bank is really cramped because I like to have a lot of items.

"Should we remove the 'Harpoon' option on the fishing spots found in Piscatoris?"
YES YES YES, 100%! Nobody goes there to harpoon when the fishing guild is a much more efficient option.

"Should we allow Ava's devices to retrieve ammo regardless of where it landed? Currently they cannot collect ammo from anywhere you cannot directly walk to."
Maybe, maybe not. It might cause the price of ammo to drop too much.

"Should filtering public chat also filter chat seen over other players' heads?"
Yes, would make w1 trading much easier. We may not even need GE if this is added.

"Should we append the names of the Recipe for Disaster gloves to include the level they represent? For example, rune gloves."
Yes, that's how they're referred to anyways, so may as well make it official.

"Should we adjust the inventory appearance of maple logs and staffs to prevent them being confused with yew logs and battlestaffs in trade screens?"
No, if people fall for that they can report the scammers and get them banned, instead of the scammers finding other ways to scam.

"Should we add a right-click option to slayer masters to get an assignment?"
Yes, pretty straightforward. I would rather the space bar dialogue skip be repolled but I don't know how that would fare.

"Should we add a timer to the fight cave to tell you how long it took you to get from wave 1 to killing TzTok-Jad?"
Yes, seemed popular with Zulrah.

"Should we add a fee of 50k to the priestess who collects your dropped items at Zulrah?"
Yes, Zulrah is too low risk right now.

09-Jan-2015 21:30:59

FL0RYDA

FL0RYDA

Posts: 119 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Jagex

Take note again.

Not implementing G/E won't lose you subscribers; you just need to implement NEW, ORIGINAL, and EXCITING content to maintain subscription numbers, which will also spark interest to new players. Content from RS3 is not new; although some do become great additions to the game, G/E is not one of them. Don't you remember the dropoff of players after G/E was introduced?

Many of us who are adamant about not wanting G/E will end up cancelling our subscriptions should it be added to the game.

Jagex employees, implement G/E and you might as well start looking for a job elsewhere.

09-Jan-2015 21:31:39 - Last edited on 09-Jan-2015 21:33:23 by FL0RYDA

Miami

Miami

Posts: 13,739 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Pmy39 said :
This type of G.E. is just a step towards another rs3. What is the point of 'free trade' if you are limited by the amount you can buy?

The reason for price manipulation is because suggested prices are posted in G.E. based off previous trades which have a major influence from merchers.

Another huge issue is coinshare. This is huge factor in inflation.

Think of it like this, let's say 10 billion gp enters osrs every day and 8 billion leaves. coin share gets added now from drops converted to coins 13 billion gp enters rs every day but still 8 billion gp leaves.

This builds up over time. the effects of this won't be seen for at least 6 months, but prices will rise. Eventually the inflation will reach rs3 levels and getting higher levels and high end items will be a huge grind.

They dont understand lol... Reason ppl want ge is cause of laziness

09-Jan-2015 21:33:25

Quick find code: 380-381-138-65551054 Back to Top