Forums

Dev Blog: The Grand Exchange

Quick find code: 380-381-138-65551054

Tree Village

Tree Village

Posts: 4,700 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Kempo

Do you know why players play this game? Do you know why players play legacy? It's all about the old combat system. (Well sorta in Legacy) but it's almost like it.

I Don't see this game growing with the current trading system at the moment. not at all.
GE IS LOVE GE IS LIFE GE LOOKS VERY NICE

09-Jan-2015 21:03:25

Tree Village

Tree Village

Posts: 4,700 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
B2up said :
PanndaBearr said :
Voting no to ge on both of my accounts, I've explained in depth on many threads throughout the last couple of weeks why so I won't go into detail. If you're a regular in the OSRS general forums you've probably read my posts.

The ge takes away the value in having items when you need them. It reduces the advantage of knowing how to obtain items, the advantage of using skills/stats to obtain obscure items, and the advantage of being knowledgeable and efficient as a whole. It makes several skills; buy from ge> train skill> sell to ge, something I wouldn't want to see at all. Simply put, the ge makes the game easy and takes away advantages from those who are sufficient with the current system.

Many of the pro ge arguments are flawed as well. For one, merchanting will be easier than ever, allowing people like myself who seldomly trade the ability to make money merchanting while sleeping and playing. Also, whether or not an update is considered "old school" should have nothing to do with when it came into the game. The fact that it came out in 2007 is irrelevant. The update itself should be debated not the year it came out in.

Just my reasons, and hopefully the ge will stay out.

Well said.

The nostalgic sandbox feel that RS once had, will again be gone.

I remember Jagex saying at the beginning in an interview on YT (i've been looking for the video the past 3 days and cannot find it though), they wouldn't implement this.

Unfortunately, I see this passing - I'm unsubscribing already.
**** RS3 v.2 with **** graphics.

R.I.P. Runescape - We'll miss you <3

It was already gone. long time ago bud.
GE IS LOVE GE IS LIFE GE LOOKS VERY NICE

09-Jan-2015 21:04:10

Hio54
Dec Member 2017

Hio54

Posts: 286 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tree Village said :
@Kempo

Do you know why players play this game? Do you know why players play legacy? It's all about the old combat system. (Well sorta in Legacy) but it's almost like it.

I Don't see this game growing with the current trading system at the moment. not at all.

That's a bit of an big assumption. I don't speak for everyone, I play because I feel like when I achieve a level, I've actually worked for it. I may not have any 99's, I don't have the time to grind out a skill, however I enjoy skilling more in 07 than in RS3.

That's just me though, it may be me or it may be the opinion of the general population, it may not.

09-Jan-2015 21:07:26

Kempo10

Kempo10

Posts: 96 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tree Village said :
@Kempo

The better question to ask is do you know why they employed the legacy system in the first place?

It's just the Rs3 team trying to make up for (now) irreversible poor decisions they made in the past, in an attempt to compromise, and make their game a bit more like our game. The superior game.

We have the ability to prevent the same problems from arising that were previously brought about in Rs3. The decision as to whether or not we want to make the same mistakes that have already previously been made, has (AGAIN) been given to us by the osrs team.

After all, if/when the GE is employed, it's a very slippery slope before summoning, the squeal of fortune, bonds, and all the rest of it come too...

Soon we'll be left with Divination.

Nobody wants divination.

09-Jan-2015 21:08:54

Vehicle

Vehicle

Posts: 156 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yes to GE. Get it in the game without a poll please! I'm tired of this game being slow paced because people have to trade others by meeting up in game to sell/buy items.

No support for Dragon Defender though.

Unfortunately I don't think the GE will pass because since the majority of players didn't vote yes to it last time and so many people are arguing in this forum that they don't want it for reasons being that it makes the game easier and that it fluxiates item's prices then I don't think it will pass. There should be a different version of GE, much like the Trading Post.

09-Jan-2015 21:10:49 - Last edited on 09-Jan-2015 21:20:32 by Vehicle

Kempo10

Kempo10

Posts: 96 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hio54 said :
Tree Village said :
@Kempo

That's a bit of an big assumption. I don't speak for everyone, I play because I feel like when I achieve a level, I've actually worked for it. I may not have any 99's, I don't have the time to grind out a skill, however I enjoy skilling more in 07 than in RS3.

That's just me though, it may be me or it may be the opinion of the general population, it may not.

I'm also like you btw - I spend 90% of my time in rs skilling (the other 10% questing or doing other stuff). The beauty of this game is the real sense of accomplishment when you hit that 90 in runecrafting, or finally alched all your magic longbows up to a 10M cashpile, or whatever.

Pretty soon, the only true accomplishement available to obtain within this game, without being spoon-fed will be the quest cape, and even that'll be made 100x easier...

09-Jan-2015 21:15:55

Quick find code: 380-381-138-65551054 Back to Top