Forums

Dev Blog: The Grand Exchange

Quick find code: 380-381-138-65551054

Mod Ash

Mod Ash

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Spel Casta said :
Hell no to the GE. I'm not gonna even begin to explain the problems it would cause.
Instead, just do the two things you list for the TP and allow buy offers.

If you guys vote to keep the Trading Post, we can definitely get Buy offers added to it.

San said :
I'd have thought it would make more sense to start with more conservative changes and work the way up to full GE.

Oh well. Hope this fails, at least.

We tried something like that in the trading system poll. That's how we got a fairly conservative Trading Post. Since then, there's been a lot of demand for the GE anyway.

09-Jan-2015 19:12:57 - Last edited on 09-Jan-2015 19:14:21 by Mod Ash

iSanctity

iSanctity

Posts: 176 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Unfortunately there's a pretty big problem with the GE coming.

If the GE isn't here, players currently playing will obviously continue playing as they have for the past (almost) 2 years.

If the GE is here, the playerbase WILL shrink.

However, regardless of my stance towards NOT wanting the GE, it is very plausible to argue that putting it into the game would increase the playerbase.

We should be looking at the big picture, not just our personal preferences.

09-Jan-2015 19:14:43

Lars III

Lars III

Posts: 25 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Old School means a an old school Runescape. The grand exchange was an addition to the game that remains a prominent part of RS3. Having to seek other players out in order to exchange items is an integral part of OSRS. Adding the grand exchange would make it far too modern and take away from the innocence that was Runescape in 2007. I vote a strong NO and urge others to do the same

09-Jan-2015 19:16:47

ZlM
Sep Member 2011

ZlM

Posts: 767 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Kilot said :
Forklifter69 said :
**** off back to rs3 if you want GE, its got legacy, so all you 2011 prods who want to ruin osrs should just go there

why call it osrs anymore? its just a game where people who didnt even play in 2007 can ruin it by wanting the same **** thats in rs3 because they dont like eo*

boo ******* hoo, go play another game, *****

You do realise the grand exchange came out in late 2007 it's more oldschool than things like corp beast or elite clue scrolls.

Oldschool did not have corp, did not have exchange.. hell oldschool didnt have hunter!.. and especially no Bounty hunter...
If you played from classic.. or from 2001-2006 only then will u know what oldschool rs was.
GIANT No again on GE..

make items directly buyable on trading post.. then create a mailbox for sellers to collect thier coins.. like i said simple addition and big problem solved.

09-Jan-2015 19:17:24

Quick find code: 380-381-138-65551054 Back to Top